Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 25
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm at 93 days since registration.  IF I DON'T SEE THAT CAN AT MY DEALER IN 27 DAYS..................…....I'll just wait longer.

Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yeah, I am starting to believe this "promotion" was a big fucking scam. I've gotten the emails confirming registrations and all but WTF? Wheres the serial number so I can start the damn process of filing for the stamp?? Mine has been almost 10 weeks and still no serial number. I dont need the actual can but it would be nice to start the process knowing if SilencerCo doesnt issue a serial number before shipping the can and takes 4 months to deliver the actual product to my FFL, then I still have another 7-8 months to wait on the stamp that pretty much blows. I dont see any reason why they cant assign a SN and allow the purchaser to start the clock while they do the actual production and shipping. Well, I guess I can see one reason and explanation: terrible organization and poor work flow. You can get an automobile custom ordered and get a VIN assigned quickly, and the car will take how ever long to actually be produced. This is the same thing. This whole mess has soured me on SilencerCo altogether. These 2 will be my only products from them, likely forever. Their handling of this has been piss poor. To underestimate demand or response to the promotion that they offered is not a valid excuse.
View Quote
My understanding is the dealer is signing stating the can is in their inventory so you’re not allowed to submit early (this was common with long ass F3)
Some dealers do it but I think it’s technically wrong
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They've changed the terms. It was initially "up to 4 months" and all the recent emails say "minimum of 4 months". That's not the same thing...not even close.
View Quote
And how many other promotions ACTUALLY deliver in the stated timeframe? Rebates take 50%-100% longer than advertised most of the time. I don’t personally think that being honest and saying “We got overwhelming response and production will take a lot longer than we planned” is changing the terms. Saying “Sorry, we decided you had to buy twice as much stuff so we won’t honor your request” would be changing the terms.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And how many other promotions ACTUALLY deliver in the stated timeframe? Rebates take 50%-100% longer than advertised most of the time. I don’t personally think that being honest and saying “We got overwhelming response and production will take a lot longer than we planned” is changing the terms. Saying “Sorry, we decided you had to buy twice as much stuff so we won’t honor your request” would be changing the terms.
View Quote
The last two Federal ammo rebates I never got anything.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The last two Federal ammo rebates I never got anything.
View Quote
Failure to follow directions?
yeah, they are specific and a pain in the ass but I've followed them to the letter and have gotten each ammo rebate I've participated in.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#7]
If they could just assign a SN to the freebie it would be so awesome.  Then the min. 4 month wait would be no biggie.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If they could just assign a SN to the freebie it would be so awesome.  Then the min. 4 month wait would be no biggie.
View Quote
So you can submit the F4?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Does that still work with how fast Form 3 approvals are? I recall Form 4s beating Form 3s and being rejected, during the lead-up to 41F
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Which is technically not allowed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Right. I was just discussing that’s frowned upon and most dealers won’t do it
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:05:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, and if I were an SOT, I think I'd be *PARTICULARLY* unlikely to do it for a can which hadn't even been built yet!!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 1:48:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm at 93 days since registration.  IF I DON'T SEE THAT CAN AT MY DEALER IN 27 DAYS..................…....I'll just wait longer.

View Quote
At 102 days here. Feels bad.

Going to be a great day when I finally get to try it out though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#14]
WTF, just got another email saying I have been approved and expect a minimum of 4 months.  It was supposed to be 3 months back in July 10th when I filled out the form.  I also got an email Sept 4th. saying they have received my submission and it will be a minimum of 4 months.  So they went from mid October, to beginning of January, to mid February.  I might not even be living in the same state by the time they send the can.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Have we had any individuals or dealers confirm they've received any of the promotional cans? I know my local dealer hasn't seen a single one. And my "up to 4 months" (before they changed the wording) expires in a couple days.
View Quote
Nope.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 5:57:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Failure to follow directions?
yeah, they are specific and a pain in the ass but I've followed them to the letter and have gotten each ammo rebate I've participated in.
View Quote
Yep, I received every one of my rebates
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 6:25:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Have we had any individuals or dealers confirm they've received any of the promotional cans? I know my local dealer hasn't seen a single one. And my "up to 4 months" (before they changed the wording) expires in a couple days.
View Quote
Same.

Going to send an email on the 15th when it has technically been 4 months since I registered the silencer for the promotion deal and see if I can get some kind of response from them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 6:32:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Same.

Going to send an email on the 15th when it has technically been 4 months since I registered the silencer for the promotion deal and see if I can get some kind of response from them.
View Quote
Pls do and post how it goes. This "deal" has really pissed me off. The ridiculous delay getting the stamp was expected and not silencecos fault. The obvious lack of foresight, honest communication, and a realistic and reasonable solution is completely on them however.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I jumped in the first day through Capitol Armory, so, will be 4 months in a few days, nothing yet.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:59:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I definitively regret participating.  At this point, I'd rather have just gotten $400 to cover my stamps.  I actually bought an Octane 45 in March that just got approved.  I love it.  They could have had me as a life long customer with this promo, but they just couldn't handle it.

It's a shame really.  The NFA really compounds problems like those that occurred with this promo.  A delay is no big deal usually.  When you are likely going to wait 6+ months just to turn around and wait 7 more months, it starts to get frustrating.  When I bought my Omega and Hybrid for this promo, I thought Id certainly have all four of my cans by Summer 2019.  That's looking less and less likely.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:40:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 11:14:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I purchased my can in July during the final few days of the promotion.  At that time, my dealer claimed they had just started receiving cans for the customers who placed their orders in June towards the beginning of the promotion.

I just got a second email from SiCo yesterday saying that my “registration is complete and has been approved,” along with the generic “please allow a minimum of four months for your free suppressor to ship to your dealer.”
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 2:54:38 AM EDT
[#24]
I still wonder what the reason behind the promo was. If it was just to move stock it must have went way beyond their expectations since it seems they may be having trouble keeping up.

It was a great deal but now I wonder if people who would otherwise be purchasing one of their cans since then are holding off in case they run the promo again

I was thinking about a hybrid but it's kinda hard to pull the trigger, wondering if I wait a few months I could get a 45k for free...
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I still wonder what the reason behind the promo was. If it was just to move stock it must have went way beyond their expectations since it seems they may be having trouble keeping up.
View Quote
I have a feeling it was to clear out old inventory, and they have over-sold what they had so now have to make the cans they are giving away for free.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:34:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have a feeling it was to clear out old inventory, and they have over-sold what they had so now have to make the cans they are giving away for free.
View Quote
I think this is exactly correct and it's no surprise they aren't in any hurry to do that. I get it, it takes time and materials to produce the cans which won't bring in a single penny of revenue. The problem is none of that is our, the consumers, fault or problem. We accepted  and agreed to their offer and bought their product. For them to now be altering the conditions is not only unfair, it's bad business. To see silencerco running other promotions now really pisses me off. I really hope no one who is being strung along on this promo has chosen to participate in any of their newer ones no matter how "good a deal" it appears. Honestly I wish everyone would stop doing business with them until they fulfill their obligations completely.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Still doesn’t seem as bad as AAC’s “damn the man” promo back in the day, but they’re working towards it
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#30]
“They will make sure we get what we are hoping for?”  You mean what you promised when I bought your can?
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 8:03:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
“They will make sure we get what we are hoping for?”  You mean what you promised when I bought your can?
View Quote
I've been waiting patiently since I already have some cans but I agree that I HOPE they honor the deal I paid for.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 9:06:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We did.  I don't remember if it was one or a few, but it was a small number right after the promotion started.  Nothing since then.
View Quote
Ordered my Omega 300 from y'all on the 19th of June and registered for my Octane that same day. Took them a few days to email me they had accepted my registration and to allow up to 4 months, obviously they were overwhelmed with registrations. Then in September receive an email stating allow a "minimum" of 4 months.. I guess my wait starts in a couple days. I assume "they" (SiCo) will contact me once they ship my octane to ya'll, or will I get notification from Capitol Armory that y'all are in possession of it or both?
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ordered my Omega 300 from y'all on the 19th of June and registered for my Octane that same day. Took them a few days to email me they had accepted my registration and to allow up to 4 months, obviously they were overwhelmed with registrations. Then in September receive an email stating allow a "minimum" of 4 months.. I guess my wait starts in a couple days. I assume "they" (SiCo) will contact me once they ship my octane to ya'll, or will I get notification from Capitol Armory that y'all are in possession of it or both?
View Quote
I fully expect that the first I hear of my "free" can shipping will be my dealer telling me it's arrived and to start the Form 4.

The most worrisome part about this whole exercise is that it's been four months now and basically no one has gotten their free cans. Like, I get that there are delays, and I know why not everyone would have them, but I would have expected at least a small stream by now. I'm not given to paranoia usually, but I think they are absolutely hiding something damning at the corporate level about their ability to deliver on the free cans in anything resembling a timely manner. Like... my theory is that they crunched the numbers and found out that it would take them 2-3 years to manufacture and ship them all while still maintaining adequate revenue and cash flow to stay alive. Something like that. But they can't tell anyone because they know it would be a shitstorm, so they've resorted to vague emails that just keep pushing dates out and out while they try to come up with some way out that's financially feasible.

There is also a part of me that thinks they're de facto bankrupt now and trying to figure out their next move while they burn through their remaining cash. I guess I'm more skeptical I'm ever going to see the free can.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I fully expect that the first I hear of my "free" can shipping will be my dealer telling me it's arrived and to start the Form 4.

The most worrisome part about this whole exercise is that it's been four months now and basically no one has gotten their free cans. Like, I get that there are delays, and I know why not everyone would have them, but I would have expected at least a small stream by now. I'm not given to paranoia usually, but I think they are absolutely hiding something damning at the corporate level about their ability to deliver on the free cans in anything resembling a timely manner. Like... my theory is that they crunched the numbers and found out that it would take them 2-3 years to manufacture and ship them all while still maintaining adequate revenue and cash flow to stay alive. Something like that. But they can't tell anyone because they know it would be a shitstorm, so they've resorted to vague emails that just keep pushing dates out and out while they try to come up with some way out that's financially feasible.

There is also a part of me that thinks they're de facto bankrupt now and trying to figure out their next move while they burn through their remaining cash. I guess I'm more skeptical I'm ever going to see the free can.
View Quote
Sadly...I suspect you are correct in at least one of this
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:02:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, not seeing *anyone* report at least a trickle of "freebies" arriving other than the first few, none after, from a major outlet on a rather large community such as AR15.com *is* a bit concerning and worrisome...

Link Posted: 10/17/2018 5:11:22 AM EDT
[#37]
I emailed them asking what the update was.

I got this as a reply

Hey,

We are working diligently to get your cans out. We will begin shipping cans out by the end of this month. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Let us know if we can help in any other way.
View Quote
Better than nothing. Still don't understand why they waited so long.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’m in a similar mindset - but then whenever I see a company doing the rebate shuffle like this I figure the product and or company aren’t long for this world.

It’s really best to consider rebates as “maybe”.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I emailed them asking what the update was.

I got this as a reply

Better than nothing. Still don't understand why they waited so long.
View Quote
Talked to them a couple weeks ago and they said they'd been basically waiting on getting as near to final numbers as they could get from registrations so they'd know how big the purchase order for the materials needed to be, they had the materials at that time, and had started working on the cans.

They're not bankrupt guys, get real. They have to make thousands of promo cans. It takes some time. Will it take longer than they initially stated? Sure looks that way. The promo definitely wasn't run well all thing considered. But they're making them, and they'll be shipping them out. I've got one in the queue myself. It'll come when it comes.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Talked to them a couple weeks ago and they said they'd been basically waiting on getting as near to final numbers as they could get from registrations so they'd know how big the purchase order for the materials needed to be, they had the materials at that time, and had started working on the cans.

They're not bankrupt guys, get real.
View Quote
Oh thanks, that makes me feel so much better. Some guy on the internet allegedly called the company and supposedly talked to some random person there who gave a not-very-believable excuse, but all my concerns are assuaged now!  I'll be keeping it real!  
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Can someone catch me up. Has anyone received their free Silencer?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Oh thanks, that makes me feel so much better. Some guy on the internet allegedly called the company and supposedly talked to some random person there who gave a not-very-believable excuse, but all my concerns are assuaged now!  I'll be keeping it real!  
View Quote
Call and talk to them if you doubt me. And if you don't think waiting to know how many cans they'd need to make before ordering materials is a valid excuse, you've never run a business.

No, no. Let's continue making asinine comments about how they're going under and everyone is fucked with no basis in reality. That's WAY more real. When they start shipping out are you going to hop back in here and admit you were wrong? Doubt it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Call and talk to them if you doubt me. And if you don't think waiting to know how many cans they'd need to make before ordering materials is a valid excuse, you've never run a business.

No, no. Let's continue making asinine comments about how they're going under and everyone is fucked with no basis in reality. That's WAY more real. When they start shipping out are you going to hop back in here and admit you were wrong? Doubt it.
View Quote
Hope you're right.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 1:28:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Looks like I will have to pass on my free can and tell them to just keep it as I will most likely have to PCS next summer which doesn't even give me time to file for a stamp and wait on it to come back.  If I had received mine within the promised 4 months I would have been good to go.  Thanks silencerco.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 1:35:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 3:26:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They're not bankrupt guys, get real.
View Quote
Ummm they should of known how many freebies they'd need to build by the end of July.. Remember, you had between June 15th and July 15th to purchase, then register your purchase by the 31st of July to qualify.

All I know is, my initial confirmation email (22 June) stated a wait "up to" 4 months, then 2 1/2 months later (4 September), get another email also stating confirmation of registration and a wait time as "minimum of" 4 months.

I doubt they're going under, If I felt they were, I wouldn't be planning to spend my 2018 tax refund money on a Hybrid. I lean more towards, they underestimated the response and now playing catch-up to meet their obligations.  Some of the "reported" excuses seem odd is all...
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 7:40:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Ummm they should of known how many freebies they'd need to build by the end of July.. Remember, you had between June 15th and July 15th to purchase, then register your purchase by the 31st of July to qualify.

All I know is, my initial confirmation email (22 June) stated a wait "up to" 4 months, then 2 1/2 months later (4 September), get another email also stating confirmation of registration and a wait time as "minimum of" 4 months.

I doubt they're going under, If I felt they were, I wouldn't be planning to spend my 2018 tax refund money on a Hybrid. I lean more towards, they underestimated the response and now playing catch-up to meet their obligations.  Some of the "reported" excuses seem odd is all...
View Quote
They ran into issues with their website and registrations, so they extended the deadline to make sure that everyone that bought a can within the promo period would get the free can even if they registered "late". AFAIK they were still registering promo cans well into September. But yes, I said the same above and agree. They underestimated the response, got overwhelmed with orders and the flood of emails about the promo, and handled a few things quite a bit less than ideal. Not saying they did nothing wrong by any means, but everyone that ordered during the promo will get their cans. May just take a little bit longer than expected.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They're not bankrupt guys, get real. They have to make thousands of promo cans. It takes some time. Will it take longer than they initially stated? Sure looks that way. The promo definitely wasn't run well all thing considered. But they're making them, and they'll be shipping them out. I've got one in the queue myself. It'll come when it comes.
View Quote
There is no reason they need a total to start, it's the same materials they use everyday. They could order half the materials and start building while waiting for final count. It shouldn't make that much difference becuase they have been using the same materials all along and should know their supply chain and price.
I work at a machine shop and we do this all the time. Even when we know the total amount to order we ask the vendor to split up the order and ship some material  sooner so we can get started. This makes for better work flow and cash flow.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 8:50:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Looks like I will have to pass on my free can and tell them to just keep it as I will most likely have to PCS next summer which doesn't even give me time to file for a stamp and wait on it to come back.  If I had received mine within the promised 4 months I would have been good to go.  Thanks silencerco.
View Quote
That’s part of the difficulty with being military and doing NFA. But the examiners will usually expedite if you provide your orders showing your rotation date.

Given that wait times are still in the 8-13 month range you were a long shot to get it in time to begin with.

Just call your examiner once it’s submitted and see what they can do.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They ran into issues with their website and registrations, so they extended the deadline to make sure that everyone that bought a can within the promo period would get the free can even if they registered "late". AFAIK they were still registering promo cans well into September. But yes, I said the same above and agree. They underestimated the response, got overwhelmed with orders and the flood of emails about the promo, and handled a few things quite a bit less than ideal. Not saying they did nothing wrong by any means, but everyone that ordered during the promo will get their cans. May just take a little bit longer than expected.
View Quote
How are you so certain?

I’ve had quite a few people email me who are annoyed/nervous. I have an email into the guys at SiCo for an updated timeline.
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top