Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Aren't you confirming my point?   You just said there are going to be inherent delays.  So, we agree?  Or are you just trying to confuse people by saying a whole bunch of stuff and then leaving them not knowing what to believe?

Facts:  Silencershop took 39 days for each of two of my suppressors.  Then they lied about it.

I've said over and over (and over and over), if you want to trade simplicity for length of wait, so be it.

Everyone who has read this thread is going in eyes wide open.  I don't expect people to be offended about Silencershop lying to me.  But if it happens to them, then they'll be able to add their point of view later.  Someone was the first to report on Botach, right? Or report Cheaperthandirt's price gouging?  We all hope that Silencershop doesn't follow suit, but these reports have to start somewhere.  Fanboys (and employees) will come in and defend, but I think people can see through that.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What was wrong with my description of eForms?...
View Quote
Nearly everthing you wrote in that post.

Quoted:.
I wish they'd bring back the EFile.  
View Quote
The original eFile was a nightmare. Instead of starting with Form 3's or imports, and slowly phasing in form 1's and 4's, ATF decided it would be a good idea to have access to all forms at once. The software was crap and possibly designed by Obama's youngest daughter while she was in 3rd grade.(if only he had a son)
It would allow some users to log in, others not. It was always going down and I would get a nearly daily update on that days eForms outage. Eventually, ATF pulled the eForms because it didn't work reliably.

Last year, ATF DID bring back eForms for Forms 2, 3, 5, 6 and a few others. It still has hiccups, but is far more stable than the original.
Supposedly ATF is going to reintroduce Form 1's and 4's in the future.

And for those of those wishing the same thing, I suspect that Silencershop's venture into this space will prevent that from happening.  Hadn't thought of that until just now.
View Quote

Nothing about Silencer Shop has anything to do with ATF eForms. eForms died YEARS before the first SS kiosk was installed. Once again, you show your ignorance of what the SS kiosk actually does. The SS kiosk was their response to 41F, which required fingerprints and photos for not only individuals , but anyone listed on a trust as a "responsible person". When this aspect of 41 was first announced there was much wailing, hair pulling and gnashing of teeth amongst the NFA community. Silencer Shop took a $400 tablet computer bolted it into a $4000 metal stand with a fingerprint scanner on the front and solved the single biggest complaint of 41F......muh prints!
Fingerprints and passport photos were now required for every Form 1/4 submission and Silencer Shop made it convenient to not only buy a silencer, but process the paperwork for the dealer and buyer. It made buying a silencer easy. It also made buying future silencer even easier as you only need to visit a kiosk once.

What makes your comment laughable, is that you hold to the idea that Silencer Shop has a stranglehold on the NFA business. They don't. I process as many non Silencer Shop Form 4's every month as I do SS transactions. That means I fill out the Form 4 and give the buyer a set of fingerprint cards and a checklist of what he needs to do. Sure, I could run everything through my account at Silencer Shop as your dealer did, but I don't like paying $25 to SS for what I can do in less than five minutes.

For those who may not be aware, EFile was where you submitted the application online, and it went much faster.  For a while, both Silencers and Short Barreled Rifles were eligible for E-File.  Then, for whatever reason, they took Silencers off that list, and it was SBR's only.  The more I think about this, the more it makes sense that Silencershop is probably ruining any chance we ever had to going back to the wonderful days of Efiling.  
View Quote
Literally nothing in this thread that you've written makes sense. In fact by posting the above you reinforce the derp that is this thread.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Oooh, another "shill accusation".
View Quote
He said "shrill", not "shill"...

Link Posted: 7/27/2018 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Oooh, another "shill accusation".  Which competitor am I working for again?  Is there a competitor?  THE EASIEST WAY TO BUILD YOUR POST COUNT (a badge of honor, and not shame, apparently) IS TO BE MEAN TO SOMEONE WITHOUT BASIS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oooh, another "shill accusation".  Which competitor am I working for again?  Is there a competitor?  THE EASIEST WAY TO BUILD YOUR POST COUNT (a badge of honor, and not shame, apparently) IS TO BE MEAN TO SOMEONE WITHOUT BASIS.
Shrill, not shill.
Shrill as Hillary, Nancy and the View singing.
For fucks sake.

What does Silencershop's eform usage have to do with anything?  So confused right now.
Silencer Shop figured out a method to do batch uploads using eForms, while other users couldn't log in or were getting timed out in the middle of a transaction. They did nothing wrong or illegal, but it sure pissed me off that ATF couldn't figure out how to make their system work for everyone.

They have built (if it worked, I'd say they built it well) a substitute system for the eForms system (which would have become antiquated because of fingerprint requirements).  
Again, you are ignorant of what Silencer Shop actually does vs what eForms did. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME FUCKING THING. In fact you can thank Silencer Shop, Gemtech and Dead Air for basically gifting ATF with the barcode system available for free to anyone to fill out a Form 4.

There are no competitors for them
Silencer Shop is a distributor of silencers. There are at least twenty other distributors that I can name. NOTHING prevents any of them from doing the exact same thing.

(except for us as individuals) and many have said they process over the majority of applications (which may deserve Sherman Act review . . . again, a rogue thought).
They process more Form 4's because they sell the most silencers and process forms for their Powered By Dealers. Some dealers prefer to let them handle processing of forms from their inventory.
That you would mention the Sherman Act shows that you don't know jack shit about the Sherman Act either.

I wonder what the HHI would be for this industry:  HHI  Perhaps I'll make a phone call.
Please do.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#5]
deleted...move along if you don't like the topic
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Silencer Shop is a distributor of silencers. There are at least twenty other distributors that I can name. NOTHING prevents any of them from doing the exact same thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wait, really?  There are other silencer distributors?  FFS, man.  That's not what we're talking about.  We're talking about the Kiosk services.  FFS.

Quoted:
They process more Form 4's because they sell the most silencers and process forms for their Powered By Dealers. Some dealers prefer to let them handle processing of forms from their inventory.
I don't think I disagree with this.  My FFL certainly prefers to have Silencershop handle the forms.

Quoted:

That you would mention the Sherman Act shows that you don't know jack shit about the Sherman Act either.
It's been a while, but I used to get paid to know things about the Sherman Act.  A user here named Outrider said that Silencershop processes well over 50% percent of all Form 4s.  There isn't a competitor.  Depending on how you define the industry, if you have a SINGLE player with over 50% of market share, what's that called?

The Sherman Act does not require a mens rea - one of the reasons anti-competitive activities can be real hazards for people and companies alike.  "Every person who shall monopolize, or attempt to monopolize, or combine or conspire with any other person or persons, to monopolize any part of the trade or commerce among the several States, or with foreign nations, shall be deemed guilty of a felony.".

Again, I'm not claiming that I'm an antitrust expert, but I know more about it than the average bear, notwithstanding your condescension.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 4:34:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Another data point:

I was listening (too tired to engage in the conversation) to the Knights Armament Fan Boy club (it's an unofficial club, but the one guy has a KAC front license plate, I kid you not) at my local range talk about SilencerShop.  One guy said his Silencershop application was delayed by 6 months compared to the one he physically filed at the same time.  I have no other details than that.

I was really, really tempted to engage in the conversation, but I needed to get through some load development (and was beat).

Curious as to whether the people who LOVE SilencerShop also LOVE KAC.  It might help explain something.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Sure thing Waylon.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#9]
What’s more funny is people who bash KAC show up to the range and can’t get their Larue rifles to cycle.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Work on your listening skills. Silencershop shop had nothing to do with that conversation. You gets that savage shooting ok?:)
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd rather buy a can while on the shitter and wait another couple weeks than deal with all the other BS.
View Quote
My thoughts exactly, same with the form 1 service as well.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like Silencershop is getting things under control. Submitted 3 more through them :

1. Form 4- purchased: 07/30/18, check cashed: 08/06/18
2. Form 4- purchased: 07/30/18, check cashed: 08/06/18
3. Form 4- purchased: 07/30/18, check cashed: 08/06/18

So average of 4-5weeks turnaround in the spring to about a week. Definitely happy with that.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What’s more funny is people who bash KAC show up to the range and can’t get their Larue rifles to cycle.
View Quote
I have both.  My SR-15 has been a clusterf$%$ from the beginning - has been back to KAC twice.  I haven't really put it through it's paces since it's come back the second time, but so far no issues.  No way it should have had to be sent off once, let alone twice.  KAC blamed it on the ammo first, and then blamed it on the gas key "that a subonctractor manufactured".  What a joke.

My Larues are fantastic, in terms of full rifles that I purchased.  That said, I bought a .260 barrel that I was trying to make work with my PredatOBR, and haven't had luck yet.  But the rifles that I purchased as full rifles have never malfunctioned . . . not to mention the accuracy is unbelievable.  My OBR outshoots my AI AX (when it's chambered in 6.5CM) quite easily.  That just shouldn't happen.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Delete
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have parts for that scar that was failing as well. Your welcome  kac fanboy.
View Quote
I don't understand?  No SCAR here, but I'm not sure if you're talking to me or not.  Nothing against SCARs, of course (except on the 17s the whole optics thing).  I sorta buy into what Chris Bartocci says about the 16 vs the Bren, though.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Your buddy had the scar .  Carlos  said he could not find parts . I made a call and had them sent.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Your buddy had the scar .  Carlos  said he could not find parts . I made a call and had them sent.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 12:29:22 AM EDT
[#18]
No one I shot with had a SCAR out last weekend.  And There is a Carlos, but he also wasn't there. Same range?  Guy in a wheelchair passed on the story about his buddy's Silencershop delays.

ETA:  I hope no one takes my comments about KAC fanboyhood too seriously.  While I hate KAC with a burning passion (justifiably, because they made a crap rifle and blamed it on everyone but themselves), I have a sticker on my car that is from a manufacturer, too (no, not Larue, and sure as heck not AI).  So the comment about KAC fanboys was supposed to be about KAC themselves.  People I think highly of think highly of KAC, but I'll never be a part of that group. And this comment extends to their rifles only.  No digs on their "Knight Vision".
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 12:51:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I can efile a Form 1 SBR? Point me to this little slice of heaven.
View Quote
You used to be able to eFile Form 1s before July 13, 2016 (if I recall the date correctly) and 41 p/f went into effect.  I did a few this way.  Once you understood the system,
It was easy as could be.

Once upon a time, you could also eFile form 4s, though I was never able to myself.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 12:52:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

(which may deserve Sherman Act review . . . again, a rogue thought)

Perhaps I'll make a phone call.

Who are you going to call?
View Quote
Ghostbusters, Duh.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:00:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Same range . I am guy that had all q stuff in tan truck with kac plate . Not a fan of when people say I said things about companies  when I know the owners  of both very  very well  on friend and business level. All is good. If you want that Larue fixed bring it over. It’s easy fix.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Same range . I am guy that had all q stuff in tan truck with kac plate . Not a fan of when people say I said things about companies  when I know the owners  of both very  very well  on friend and business level. All is good. If you want that Larue fixed bring it over. It’s easy fix.
View Quote
I don't think I ever said you said anything, but if it came across that way, it wasn't intended to.  A semi-regular guy at the range was relaying that story about his buddy's issues with SilencerShop (and his issues were worse than mine) - the coincidence was amazing.   Did I meet you?  Glad to know you, though.  I wish I would have when the folks at KAC were dinking around with my SR-15 (FWIW, the rifle's was new during one of "The Ranges" courses . . . the instructor (and then the owner - whom I know you know) tried diagnosing it without any luck).  Thanks for the offer on the LaRue. I'm assuming it's a gas port problem, but they're handling it now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I like how you're sharing the anecdotal story of one person with a 6 month delay, but ignoring the firsthand experience posted here showing checks cashed in 1-2 weeks.

Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I like how you're sharing the anecdotal story of one person with a 6 month delay, but ignoring the firsthand experience posted here showing checks cashed in 1-2 weeks.

View Quote
Care to present evidence that I'm "ignoring the firsthand experience"?  I've read every post, and have even acknowledged that Silencershop has seemed to have shifted gears.  That is 180 degrees opposite of "ignoring".
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Also which others are stating you have to take into account atf check cashing processing times vary.  The last two things are out of Silencer Shop control, fact...
View Quote
Look, it was Silencershop's own assertion that the reason that they take so long to be processed is because they are batched together.  They explained the process to me, so if you have an issue with the explanation, don't attack my credibility.  I'm just telling you SilencerShop's own explanation.  You go in a box of 500 by Silencershop, you could be the first, you could be the last in that box.  You are taken out of the box by the ATF.  You could be the first, you could be the last.  Worst case scenario is that you go into the box first, and come out of the box last.  Any disagreement with that?

There are other variables which we don't know about.  Having had some direct experience with other governmental administrative agencies (the VA), all kinds of screwy things could be going on.  They may be giving the box of 500 to the slowest person, or they may be giving it to the fastest person.  Or, a person may do both boxes and the individual applications, but choose to knock out the individual applications first.  Or, if they have an hour left in the day, and have a few individual applications, maybe they choose to do those instead of opening up a new box.  I have no idea -probably none of us do.

However, A LOT of people have chosen to report their own times on this thread.  Mine seem to be in the "first in/last out category" of 39 days, but most are reporting a week to three weeks here recently.  That's much better!  And good!  Maybe Silencershop has decided to batch in 100s instead of 500s.  Who knows?  They said they had some hiccups, so maybe those hiccups have addressed (you still have to recognize that they had hiccups, though, and can't just assault my account as spurious - they've acknowledged as much).
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Look, it was Silencershop's own assertion that the reason that they take so long to be processed is because they are batched together.  They explained the process to me, so if you have an issue with the explanation, don't attack my credibility.  I'm just telling you SilencerShop's own explanation.  You go in a box of 500 by Silencershop, you could be the first, you could be the last in that box.  You are taken out of the box by the ATF.  You could be the first, you could be the last.  Worst case scenario is that you go into the box first, and come out of the box last.  Any disagreement with that?

There are other variables which we don't know about.  Having had some direct experience with other governmental administrative agencies (the VA), all kinds of screwy things could be going on.  They may be giving the box of 500 to the slowest person, or they may be giving it to the fastest person.  Or, a person may do both boxes and the individual applications, but choose to knock out the individual applications first.  Or, if they have an hour left in the day, and have a few individual applications, maybe they choose to do those instead of opening up a new box.  I have no idea -probably none of us do.

However, A LOT of people have chosen to report their own times on this thread.  Mine seem to be in the "first in/last out category" of 39 days, but most are reporting a week to three weeks here recently.  That's much better!  And good!  Maybe Silencershop has decided to batch in 100s instead of 500s.  Who knows?  They said they had some hiccups, so maybe those hiccups have addressed (you still have to recognize that they had hiccups, though, and can't just assault my account as spurious - they've acknowledged as much).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also which others are stating you have to take into account atf check cashing processing times vary.  The last two things are out of Silencer Shop control, fact...

Agree with most you have stated above. I also understand that you feel shafted by Silencer Shop, of which you might have every right.  But this thread so far is your side of the story.  Of which on multiple occasions you have exacerbated upon certain details to make your side of seem stronger.  I don’t know you and you might be most pleasant to to deal with, but how do I know that the hired representative for Silencer Shop wasn’t having a bad day (we are all human), or doing a bad job (see above were I stated you might have every right), or saying whatever possible to get the screeching/sceaming voice on the other end of the line to shut the f*$k up.  People make mistakes.  I am happy you will not be using their services anymore.  I also think you might have caused more delays to other customers by pulling your applications. Causing staff to take time away from processing others applications, and having to carefully rummage thru stacks of processed applications to remove yours.  Maybe your thread has made a difference, but you can’t take credit for that unless Silencer shop post that is the case, and not some other hundreds or thousands of other changes, etc...
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Another data point:

I was listening (too tired to engage in the conversation) to the Knights Armament Fan Boy club (it's an unofficial club, but the one guy has a KAC front license plate, I kid you not) at my local range talk about SilencerShop.  One guy said his Silencershop application was delayed by 6 months compared to the one he physically filed at the same time. I have no other details than that.

I was really, really tempted to engage in the conversation, but I needed to get through some load development (and was beat).

Curious as to whether the people who LOVE SilencerShop also LOVE KAC.  It might help explain something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Another data point:

I was listening (too tired to engage in the conversation) to the Knights Armament Fan Boy club (it's an unofficial club, but the one guy has a KAC front license plate, I kid you not) at my local range talk about SilencerShop.  One guy said his Silencershop application was delayed by 6 months compared to the one he physically filed at the same time. I have no other details than that.

Quoted:

I don't think I ever said you said anything, but if it came across that way, it wasn't intended to. A semi-regular guy at the range was relaying that story about his buddy's issues with SilencerShop (and his issues were worse than mine) - the coincidence was amazing.   Did I meet you?  Glad to know you, though.  I wish I would have when the folks at KAC were dinking around with my SR-15 (FWIW, the rifle's was new during one of "The Ranges" courses . . . the instructor (and then the owner - whom I know you know) tried diagnosing it without any luck).  Thanks for the offer on the LaRue. I'm assuming it's a gas port problem, but they're handling it now.
So, tell us again about this completely anecdotal story you heard that just so happens to paint SilencerShop in a negative light, thereby confirming your hatred and bias towards them...

Care to clarify the truth in the matter?

Who really said what, and what was really said? At this point, I'm questioning whether this conversation ever really took place, or if it's just a piece of fiction to help support your public crusade against SilencerShop.

More importantly, if you're willing to lie in an attempt to help make your case against SilencerShop, solely because you have an axe to grind, why should anyone trust anything you have to say?

You sir, in my humble opinion, are Fake News.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So, tell us again about this completely anecdotal story you heard that just so happens to paint SilencerShop in a negative light, thereby confirming your hatred and bias towards them...

Who really said what, and what was really said? At this point, I'm questioning whether this conversation ever really took place, or if it's just a piece of fiction to help support your public crusade against SilencerShop.

More importantly, if you're willing to lie in an attempt to help make your case against SilencerShop, solely because you have an axe to grind, why should anyone trust anything you have to say?

View Quote
But, but, muh Sherman Act ...  I'm with this guy. This is Fake News and OP has a major axe to grind. Threatening to get the Federal .Gov involved for one of the most pro-NFA site sponsors should get him banned, let alone his BS story which he has no way of proving.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#29]
We were on our way to letting this thread die the death it deserves. But no.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm sorry, but I can't stand the stench of BS, especially when someone is trying to force feed it to me by the shovel full.

I highlighted his recent contradictory statements in my previous post. Make of it what you will.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hard to do when the op does a daily bump. Or starts a new thread when the other one gets locked.  Just sayin
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh no!  You called me Fake News!  What am I going to do?  Why do people have to get all ad hominem behind a keyboard?

Look, I clearly said that I didn't engage in the conversation, and merely offered it as "another data point."  It is 100% hearsay, and anecdotal (note, just because it's hearsay, doesn't mean it isn't true).  The response, in other words, is, "I'm not offering it for the truth of the statement, but for the fact that the statement was said."  I wasn't engaged in the conversation, so it wasn't as though I was soliciting feedback.  You could even call it "accidental eavesdropping", but the electronic ear pro just picks up everything.

My own experiences - 39 days delay, is not hearsay and was repeated.

I'm not trying to bend facts or make stuff up.  Just the facts, sir, just the facts.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I agree, actually.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hard to do when the op does a daily bump. Or starts a new thread when the other one gets locked.  Just sayin
View Quote
Yeah, but the Mods saw fit to reopen this thread when I had new info that was requested.  So, I'm not sure I'm the one who should be attacked for that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm sorry, but I can't stand the stench of BS, especially when someone is trying to force feed it to me by the shovel full.

I highlighted his recent contradictory statements in my previous post. Make of it what you will.
View Quote
SOOOO Dramatic!  You're a VICTIM!  A couple of questions:

1) How, exactly is someone "force feed[ing] to you by the shovel full."  I mean, let's just stipulate for a second that what I'm saying is total B.S. (which, it is 100% not).  But let's say that it is.  How is it being force fed to you?  And by whom?  Is someone making you sit down in a chair, log on to ar15.com, select this particular thread, and making you read it?  And, I'm not sure how one quantifies "shovel full", but I'll just assume that's an expression.  The force feeding thing, though. . . I think that may just be you completely misstating things.  It seems like you may be accusing ME of force feeding something to you, which of course I am not, any more than you are force feeding me your own perspective.  If you're being "force fed" simply by reading a thread, then every single user of this forum is being force fed. AND WE MUST ALL BE VICTIMS!  I get it, claiming to be a victim is a fun tactic these days, but could you just cool it and have a simple conversation?

2) None of my statements are contradictory, and if you read them carefully, you'll be able to see that.  Aside from that, please see my post above, where I explained (though I shouldn't have had to), that it was simply another unsolicited data point.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I get it, claiming to be a victim is a fun tactic these days
View Quote
It is for you, hence why you started this thread and continue posting in it. How is that Sherman Act complaint coming along?
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
2) None of my statements are contradictory, and if you read them carefully, you'll be able to see that.  Aside from that, please see my post above, where I explained (though I shouldn't have had to), that it was simply another unsolicited data point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
See below:
Quoted:
One guy said his Silencershop application was delayed by 6 months compared to the one he physically filed at the same time.
Quoted:
Guy in a wheelchair passed on the story about his buddy's Silencershop delays.
Quoted:
A semi-regular guy at the range was relaying that story about his buddy's issues with SilencerShop (and his issues were worse than mine) - the coincidence was amazing.

A willingness to lie about trivial details calls into question the validity of the entire statement.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
This post by op seems reasonable to me. I think his choice of thread title is not so great and assume he is on defense because he is challenged often here. If I was OP I would have gave up on this thread. I feel sorry that other than the dramatic title the first page was informative and now it's a pissing match. As I stated a couple times, I had a delay like OP when I used SS in Feb., and now is seems to be less or none.. I was never upset with SS and would recommend them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yeah, but the Mods saw fit to reopen this thread when I had new info that was requested.  So, I'm not sure I'm the one who should be attacked for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You say you want the thread to die.  Prove it.  I will not post again in this thread, I triple dog dare you to do the same...
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#40]
I like SilencerShop’s kiosk and will use it every time I buy something like that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#41]
My experience went flawlessly.  Just under 7 months turnaround in 2017 (late April to mid October).

I'd use it again in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#42]
My two form 4 transactions from January through silencer Shop are in my safe today.

I'm still waiting on one filed a month earlier elsewhere.

That said, my anecdotal story isn't really something to hold up as the end-all, be-all

After ordering some Griffin taper mounts from Hansohn Brothers and how quick they shipped, I'll be using them in the future as well.  And I've used Capitol Armory.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Eh, even if they take a bit longer to submit, my last F1 was about 9 minutes from conceptualization to form submitted on SS website.  I did it while walking to lunch.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 4:10:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Just did my second kiosk submission and it could not have gone smoother.    Bought the can from Hansohn Brothers and it went to my local dealer who has the kiosk.    He entered the can into the kiosk system and sent me a text saying I needed to update my photo.

I used the Silencer Shop App to update my photo and sent my dealer a check for $200 to cover the stamp.

Super easy process and my prints were already saved in the system.    I won't need to make a trip to the dealer until the F4 is approved.

Not sure why all the hate for the kiosk system.  It saved me considerable time chasing down fingerprint cards and new photos.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Not sure why all the hate for the kiosk system.  It saved me considerable time chasing down fingerprint cards and new photos.
View Quote
It's pretty much just one guy complaining about it, in fairness.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I have done several transactions through the Kiosk, and have seen some significant delays between the time I purchased the tax stamp, completed the docusign for the one shot trusts and finally getting some notification for the check cashed (1-2 months or there abouts) and was willing to live with it...

until today...

Purchased 2 tax stamps mid July.... Got the docusign submitted and completed first few days of August and have been waiting for notification of the check being cashed....

Got an email today (6 weeks after purchasing the stamps) that I need to purchase the tax stamps in order to complete the submission...

I sent an email response back to them, but kind of pissed at the moment....

I may be looking for other options...
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have done several transactions through the Kiosk, and have seen some significant delays between the time I purchased the tax stamp, completed the docusign for the one shot trusts and finally getting some notification for the check cashed (1-2 months or there abouts) and was willing to live with it...

until today...

Purchased 2 tax stamps mid July.... Got the docusign submitted and completed first few days of August and have been waiting for notification of the check being cashed....

Got an email today (6 weeks after purchasing the stamps) that I need to purchase the tax stamps in order to complete the submission...

I sent an email response back to them, but kind of pissed at the moment....

I may be looking for other options...
View Quote
Similar thing just happened to me.

I purchased my second can through them at the later part of July. Up until yesterday everything I saw indicated my form 4 had been sent the day after the form 3 was approved. I have been waiting to see my form 4 status go to check cashed, as it has been already twice as long as the first time I used them.

Last night I get an email from Silencershop saying something about missing "0" stamps for my purchase. On the website my order shows as "resubmitting with corrected signature".  I was not asked to re-sign anything.

I do not know what this means and of course this happens on a holiday weekend when it will probably take until next week to get any info at all.

At this point I have to assume it was a problem on their side since I followed the same process I did for my first stamp but time will tell... Lots and lots of time...
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I purchased my second can through them at the later part of July. Up until yesterday everything I saw indicated my form 4 had been sent the day after the form 3 was approved. I have been waiting to see my form 4 status go to check cashed, as it has been already twice as long as the first time I used them.

Last night I get an email from Silencershop saying something about missing "0" stamps for my purchase. On the website my order shows as "resubmitting with corrected signature".  I was not asked to re-sign anything.

I do not know what this means and of course this happens on a holiday weekend when it will probably take until next week to get any info at all.

At this point I have to assume it was a problem on their side since I followed the same process I did for my first stamp but time will tell... Lots and lots of time...
View Quote
Mine is saying the same thing. I sent them a message asking about it. Must be a problem with the system. I also asked them about shipping since the F3 was approved 08/07/18 and has not shipped yet.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Mine is saying the same thing. I sent them a message asking about it. Must be a problem with the system. I also asked them about shipping since the F3 was approved 08/07/18 and has not shipped yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

Got an email saying that I'm missing "0" tax stamps, and online SS acct now shows my F4 is "resubmitting with a corrected signature".
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top