Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
False.  Silencershop themselves said 3-4 weeks (and if you think they're being 100% transparent, then, well. . . .).  But, let's give them the Benefit of the doubt and say 4 weeks.  Stills supports my assertion that it's going to cost you time.  You don't have to take my word for it.  THEY POSTED IT THEMSELVES.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bottom line: data in this thread fails to support OP's assertion.
False.  Silencershop themselves said 3-4 weeks (and if you think they're being 100% transparent, then, well. . . .).  But, let's give them the Benefit of the doubt and say 4 weeks.  Stills supports my assertion that it's going to cost you time.  You don't have to take my word for it.  THEY POSTED IT THEMSELVES.
Why are you so determined to bash SS?

At least they are doing things to make suppressor ownership easier for people. Like already mentioned... why not make an awareness orientated thread vs. an avoidance thread.

I'm starting to think you are somehow connected to some other business...
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I just submitted a form 1 on July 12th using the kiosk.  Pending as of July 23rd.  Zero issues here.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve been waiting 8 months on a suppressor that went in the “normal” way with my dealer sending in the Form 4, fingerprint cards, and photo.  Adding another 4 weeks to something that already seems to be taking 32 weeks and counting doesn’t seem like a burden to me.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#4]
All 3 of my suppressors we’re through SS. They all took just shy of 6 months from purchase to picking them up in my Cheeto stained hands.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

MRAD,
Seriously. Read what Silencer Shop actually posted in this thread. They did not say Silencer Shop causes the "3-4 weeks" delay you attribute to them. They clearly wrote that Bank of America has had delays in cashing checks. That's not the fault of Silencer Shop, but BOA in Atlanta.

Here's what Silencer Shop actually wrote:

......….BOA is taking longer to cash checks nowadays, across the board.

That said, 5 weeks is an especially long time and that really sucks. Though it is kind of random, we are generally seeing around 3 weeks right now. We had a number of batches a while ago that took 4 weeks, but it has come back down since then. You have to remember that there's not like a rigid FIFO process that they adhere to. Sometimes they just sit on a box of applications for a week or two for no reason, whether it's one of ours or someone else's. Maybe it's just sitting on someone's desk while they are on vacation, I really have no idea.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

At least they are doing things to make suppressor ownership easier for people. Like already mentioned... why not make an awareness orientated thread vs. an avoidance thread.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bottom line: data in this thread fails to support OP's assertion.

It sure seems to me that he's on some kind of mission to bash them.   They've made purchasing suppressors so simple that after the first one all I have to do is purchase on their web site, sign the form when it comes to me, and then wait for a phone call.   That fixed my biggest objection to ordering them.   I save more of MY time and I'm waiting months anyway.  Order and forget it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It sure seems to me that he's on some kind of mission to bash them.
View Quote
Yep, and other folks have posted that they are NOT getting the delays the OP claims, yet he keeps harping on "It (allegedly) happened to me, so that means everybody is getting screwed!"

I don't think anyone has disputed OP's claim that *HIS* filing(s) got delayed.  OP continues to dispute that LOTS of other people's filings DID NOT.

This is well beyond stating of fact or even opinion and is pretty clearly some sort of vendetta.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe op hopes that less form 4’s will be submitted using the evil easy kiosk, and ops forms will get processed faster...87d chess people...
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#9]
E-signed a pair of Form 1's through SS's Form 1 service on July 18th. Checks were cashed today, July 25th. That's what, exactly 1 week? I don't see the problem. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have gotten everything out as quickly doing it myself.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a suppressor from a LGS that had a deal but not through Silencershop themselves.  The LGS only does their form 4s through Silencershop though so I did a single shot trust as well.  I e-signed all the paperwork on 7/9 but they didn't mail out the Forms until 7/23, check not cashed yet.  Same thing as when I ordered a can from them last November that I just picked up.  I e-signed all the paperwork on 10/26 but they didn't mail the forms till 11/21 and got a check cashed date of 11/27.  And then there's my first can I bought from the same LGS that did their form 4s through silencershop.  I e-signed the paperwork in first week of March 2017 and got a check cashed in first week of April (I don't remember the exact dates).  I'm not complaining but there is definitely an extra couple of weeks delay between finishing paperwork and them mailing it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 12:39:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yep, and other folks have posted that they are NOT getting the delays the OP claims, yet he keeps harping on "It (allegedly) happened to me, so that means everybody is getting screwed!"

I don't think anyone has disputed OP's claim that *HIS* filing(s) got delayed.  OP continues to dispute that LOTS of other people's filings DID NOT.

This is well beyond stating of fact or even opinion and is pretty clearly some sort of vendetta.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It sure seems to me that he's on some kind of mission to bash them.

Yep.  I might not have ever bought a suppressor because of how daunting the process seemed.  Intentionally difficult, courtesy of our .gov.  Do you realize what $200 meant when they started this bullshit?  From, " Shall Not Be Infringed? Fuckers.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought mine on 1/23, paper work sent on 1/24, check cashed on 2/17. If it wasn't for the how easy the kiosk was I might have got off my lazy ass and bought one. I'm happy with silence shop and would recommend them to people. OP seems to have an axe to grind.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Mine get faster and faster.

Not sure what op did wrong.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I think OP is getting a bad rap now. If you go back to the first page you see other people including myself agree that is took longer for the check to cash when using SS. I don't think that is bashing SS although it did upset OP that he was not made aware of it. This thread was informative at first but now is a pissing match.

My first post 41F was using SS because it was easy and I have no complaints. My LGS now does prints and picture on site for free so now I do that instead as SS dealer is an hour father away. The cans I recently bought at LGS the check did cash faster.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think OP is getting a bad rap now. If you go back to the first page you see other people including myself agree that is took longer for the check to cash when using SS. I don't think that is bashing SS although it did upset OP that he was not made aware of it. This thread was informative at first but now is a pissing match.

My first post 41F was using SS because it was easy and I have no complaints. My LGS now does prints and picture on site for free so now I do that instead as SS dealer is an hour father away. The cans I recently bought at LGS the check did cash faster.
View Quote
I think it's inevitably going to take longer.   If you go with Silencer Shop they have their process where it has to go to someone, they look at it, and then approve that it looks right before they send it.    This happens after you press the button to start the process.  If you do it yourself you've done all of that when you mail it.   I don't see any way not to have some extra delay.    Depending on when you send it I can see it being at least days if not a week or more.

As for getting a bad rap, I think some of us think "lied" is probably a bit strong.  He sounds like he's really pissed at them over something, or he has an agenda to bash them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I’ve used the Kiosk 7 times now. Last time used.

TRUST signed by all parties 7/19/18
Mailed 7/20/18
ATF cashed check  7/26/18.

It’s a service and a business   Use it or not.

Joe
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think it's inevitably going to take longer.   If you go with Silencer Shop they have their process where it has to go to someone, they look at it, and then approve that it looks right before they send it.    This happens after you press the button to start the process.  If you do it yourself you've done all of that when you mail it.   I don't see any way not to have some extra delay.    Depending on when you send it I can see it being at least days if not a week or more.

As for getting a bad rap, I think some of us think "lied" is probably a bit strong.  He sounds like he's really pissed at them over something, or he has an agenda to bash them.
View Quote
You are absolutely right that I'm pissed at them for something . . . lying.  I don't have an agenda to bash them, just making public what didn't seem to be already known.  And, FWIW, even the last guy at Silencershop I spoke with said that they knew that this lying had been going on, because I wasn't the first person who called.  It was 100% lying, btw.  That's the best word for it.

On my first call, I asked why it was taking so long (I had no idea why).  The guy I spoke with said it was because of the batching.  Made sense to me, but I didn't want to have to deal with the wait, so I asked them to pull my applications.  They said, "Sure, no problem".  If it had ended there, this thread would have never been started.  BUT IT DIDN'T.  I got a phone call about 30 minutes later from Silencershop and the guy said that the guy who I had spoke with before was wrong, and that they didn't send off the applications in batches (this was a LIE, and was confirmed as such later . . . see below).  He then said it was the bank who processed the checks for the ATF (BofA).  Sounded plausible, so I let them keep the applications in process.

Weeks later, when I STILL didn't see my application processed, I called back.  Got someone in management, and he said, "yes, we hold them and send them off in big batches", and said that he's sure that the guy I spoke with before didn't want to have to dig through those boxes to pull my applications.  So, we have a reason (laziness) and a knowingly false statement.  Add those together, and you have a LIE.  Silencershop's delays, when totaled up over the 4 applications I had with them, 4.6 MONTHS of wait time.

Hopefully after all of this, some people will go into the arrangement with eyes open.  I don't blame people who aren't familiar with the process for turning it over to SS (although, I think it is a good exercise for people to at least do it once "the long way" (which is actually the short way) so they know what all goes into it (and if they're doing a Trust, understand the LEO bit, because failing to could cost them).

Disclosure is my only motivation.  Silencershop fans and Employees posting here incognito are going to disagree.  That's fine . . . The more people who use Silencershop=less wait time for me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#18]
*shrug*

I'm a newbie into the suppressor game.  In my most recent purchase, I filled out the stuff on the kiosk on the 18th, e-signed the documents on the 19th, it was mailed on the 20th, and the check was cashed today (26th).  I'm satisfied.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I think there is a big difference between just informing people that, hey if you go through SS, it may add a couple of weeks because they send forms in batches, or whatever, than titling a thread AVOID in capital letters like they are ripping people off and people should stay away.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Can this thread die already? I've seen far less messy threads get nuked faster. We drew all the conclusions from page 1. If you like the service use it. If you don't like it, don't use it.

BTW-SS is handling 2 cans for me right now. 7/16 I signed my forms and 7/25 the checks were cashed.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think there is a big difference between just informing people that, hey if you go through SS, it may add a couple of weeks because they send forms in batches, or whatever, than titling a thread AVOID in capital letters like they are ripping people off and people should stay away.
View Quote
I would have to agree, that is over the top.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ive ordered two through silencershop since may. One took under a week for check to be cashed. The other took a week and a half.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You are absolutely right that I'm pissed at them for something . . . lying.  I don't have an agenda to bash them, just making public what didn't seem to be already known.  And, FWIW, even the last guy at Silencershop I spoke with said that they knew that this lying had been going on, because I wasn't the first person who called.  It was 100% lying, btw.  That's the best word for it.

On my first call, I asked why it was taking so long (I had no idea why).  The guy I spoke with said it was because of the batching.  Made sense to me, but I didn't want to have to deal with the wait, so I asked them to pull my applications.  They said, "Sure, no problem".  If it had ended there, this thread would have never been started.  BUT IT DIDN'T.  I got a phone call about 30 minutes later from Silencershop and the guy said that the guy who I had spoke with before was wrong, and that they didn't send off the applications in batches (this was a LIE, and was confirmed as such later . . . see below).  He then said it was the bank who processed the checks for the ATF (BofA).  Sounded plausible, so I let them keep the applications in process.

Weeks later, when I STILL didn't see my application processed, I called back.  Got someone in management, and he said, "yes, we hold them and send them off in big batches", and said that he's sure that the guy I spoke with before didn't want to have to dig through those boxes to pull my applications.  So, we have a reason (laziness) and a knowingly false statement.  Add those together, and you have a LIE.  Silencershop's delays, when totaled up over the 4 applications I had with them, 4.6 MONTHS of wait time.

Hopefully after all of this, some people will go into the arrangement with eyes open.  I don't blame people who aren't familiar with the process for turning it over to SS (although, I think it is a good exercise for people to at least do it once "the long way" (which is actually the short way) so they know what all goes into it (and if they're doing a Trust, understand the LEO bit, because failing to could cost them).

Disclosure is my only motivation.  Silencershop fans and Employees posting here incognito are going to disagree.  That's fine . . . The more people who use Silencershop=less wait time for me.
View Quote
4.6 months you say, there you go again making your numbers bigger to make them look worse.  All your applications were in the same batch so you were delayed 5 weeks total on all 4 applications.  You don’t get to times 5 weeks x4 because it was the same 5 weeks for all 4 applications.

Here op. Please update your “4 week” additional batch wait time with my 5 forms and the others posting before me... (might be getting close to 2-3 weeks now )

Order #731***
Order submitted/signed 6-25-2018 for 2 form 4’s
Cashed by ATF 07-14-2018

Order #733***
Order submitted/signed 7-13-2018 for 2 form 4’s
Cashed by ATF 07-26-2018

Order #734***
Order submitted/signed 07-25-2018 for 1 form 4
Mailed to ATF 07-26-2018
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Silencershop's delays, when totaled up over the 4 applications I had with them, 4.6 MONTHS of wait time.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Silencershop's delays, when totaled up over the 4 applications I had with them, 4.6 MONTHS of wait time.  

Quoted:
Disclosure is my only motivation.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is ridiculous.  The whole "you're connected to another business" is absurd.  As stated above (you obviously didn't read the thread), WHICH business would that be, exactly?  Is there a competitor of Silencershop's kiosk services that I don't know about?  I guess we're each competitors to their business because we can file our own.  Please. . . it's just so tired and played out when you don't agree with someone to say "you must be connected with a competitor."  Plus, it's weak from an argument standpoint, because I can just as easily turn around and say, "YOU MUST WORK FOR THEM!  YOU'RE DEFENDING THEM!"  Especially here, because there's no competitor.  Get better, man.  Just get better.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
So, then, what is my motivation?  We know one thing for sure . . . I got Silencershop's attention, didn't I?  They seem to have improved the process.  I'm not going to take credit for it, but I'm sure this thread didn't hurt either.

But sure, just go on and post ridicule and demeaning things.  Why not try and contribute something?
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

4.6 months you say, there you go again making your numbers bigger to make them look worse.  All your applications were in the same batch so you were delayed 5 weeks total on all 4 applications.  You don’t get to times 5 weeks x4 because it was the same 5 weeks for all 4 applications.  
View Quote
First of all, you're not counting all 6 suppressors. . . but, hey, I guess the facts don't matter.  And secondly, why not?  If someone owes me $10,000, and they pay me $1,000 at a time, I get to say that I'm not paid in full until the 10 months is up.  I never said, "I had to wait 4.6 months to even get one can (I think my 5-weeks period has been pretty clear, don't you?).   It has, FACTUALLY, cost me 4.6 months in wait time.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
First of all, you're not counting all 6 suppressors. . . but, hey, I guess the facts don't matter.  And secondly, why not?  If someone owes me $10,000, and they pay me $1,000 at a time, I get to say that I'm not paid in full until the 10 months is up.  I never said, "I had to wait 4.6 months to even get one can (I think my 5-weeks period has been pretty clear, don't you?).   It has, FACTUALLY, cost me 4.6 months in wait time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4.6 months you say, there you go again making your numbers bigger to make them look worse.  All your applications were in the same batch so you were delayed 5 weeks total on all 4 applications.  You don't get to times 5 weeks x4 because it was the same 5 weeks for all 4 applications.  
You don't know that.  Times vary.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 11:10:05 AM EDT
[#30]
IBTL
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
I do know this.  It's actual history, and documented at that.  I'll try to make this so a second grader can understand:

Suppressor 1:  All Documentation Completed and Paid 4/19/2018.  Check cashed:  6/5/2018  Time:  39 Days.  Subtract 2 for the DIY Time it would have taken = 37 days.
Suppressor 2:  (Same as above)  Completed and Paid 4/19/2018.  Check cashed:  6/5/2018  Time:  39 Days.  Subtract 2 for the DIY Time it would have taken = 37 days.
Suprressor 3:  All Documentation Completed 5/24/2018.  Demanded Refund which was issued 6-18. = 22 Days.  There's no subtraction here, because I sent them in myself.
Suppressor 4:  Completed 6/6/2018.  Demanded Refund which was issued 6-18.  12 Days.  Again, no subtraction.

Suppressors 5&6 - Add two weeks each for these.  Do the math and tell me what you come up with.

Edit to add. . . Silencershop actually receives the BENEFIT in this calculation of me having called in to cancel.  If you add in the time it would have taken (being generous, let's say it would only have taken 30 days), you'd end up with 6.5 MONTHS!
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Dupe, so deleted.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I do know this.  It's actual history, and documented at that.  I'll try to make this so a second grader can understand:

Suppressor 1:  All Documentation Completed and Paid 4/19/2018.  Check cashed:  6/5/2018  Time:  39 Days.  Subtract 2 for the DIY Time it would have taken = 37 days.
Suppressor 2:  (Same as above)  Completed and Paid 4/19/2018.  Check cashed:  6/5/2018  Time:  39 Days.  Subtract 2 for the DIY Time it would have taken = 37 days.
Suprressor 3:  All Documentation Completed 5/24/2018.  Demanded Refund which was issued 6-18. = 22 Days.  There's no subtraction here, because I sent them in myself.
Suppressor 4:  Completed 6/6/2018.  Demanded Refund which was issued 6-18.  12 Days.  Again, no subtraction.

Suppressors 5&6 - Add two weeks each for these.  Do the math and tell me what you come up with.

Edit to add. . . Silencershop actually receives the BENEFIT in this calculation of me having called in to cancel.  If you add in the time it would have taken (being generous, let's say it would only have taken 30 days), you'd end up with 6.5 MONTHS!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.   It's not and don't throw out that "even a second grader can understand" insult bullshit.  You're assuming and saying it's truth.   Your stuff could have been delayed more or less.  Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#34]
I mailed two Form 4s "together" (separate envelopes) two years ago, yet there was a *3 DAY* difference in check cashing dates, OMFG, I should be badmouthing myself!!!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No.   It's not and don't throw out that "even a second grader can understand" insult bullshit.  You're assuming and saying it's truth.   Your stuff could have been delayed more or less.  Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
View Quote
What am I assuming?  All of this is documented with actual dates for the 4.6 months.  There's no assumption there.  It's documented history.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Maybe op hopes that less form 4’s will be submitted using the evil easy kiosk, and ops forms will get processed faster...87d chess people...
View Quote
After I started this thread, I realized that I shouldn't have and should have let people just live in the belief that Silencershop is expeditious (and honest).  I'm afraid that ship has sailed.  It's a great way to pass the time on my submitted Forms, though.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#37]
My most recent:

Suppressor purchased through Silencershop on 7/14 (a weekend no less)
Documents sent to esign 7/16.
Signed and returned 7/17
Form 3 Approved 7/18
Tax Stamp cashed 7/27

Tell me again how the kiosk adds a month?
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What am I assuming?  All of this is documented with actual dates for the 4.6 months.  There's no assumption there.  It's documented history.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not all forms go through in the same amount of time.  You are assuming delays from Silencer Shop vs delays in the mail or from F Troop.  Your sample is WAY too small to be a proven fact especially w/ 2 significant digits.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not all forms go through in the same amount of time.  You are assuming delays from Silencer Shop vs delays in the mail or from F Troop.  Your sample is WAY too small to be a proven fact especially w/ 2 significant digits.
View Quote
Still wrong.  These are actually-submitted forms.  I have about 15 through the mail. . . all about two days.

ETA- I went back and counted:  I have 13 through the mail.
FETA-I wish they'd bring back the EFile.  And for those of those wishing the same thing, I suspect that Silencershop's venture into this space will prevent that from happening.  Hadn't thought of that until just now.  For those who may not be aware, EFile was where you submitted the application online, and it went much faster.  For a while, both Silencers and Short Barreled Rifles were eligible for E-File.  Then, for whatever reason, they took Silencers off that list, and it was SBR's only.  The more I think about this, the more it makes sense that Silencershop is probably ruining any chance we ever had to going back to the wonderful days of Efiling.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Oh my this is so f-ing stupid.  Amortized, exacerbated, exaggerated, calculated, fact...  You made transaction with a business.  So you need to use business days, not calendar days, fact...

The forms are shipped in batches, so what if the batch is finished at end of business day there by missing mail service that day vs start of business day.  If the former then that batch might go out next business day, which could be a monday.  Which would add 4 days to your calculations, fact...

You post dates but how do we know that the orders weren’t placed @ 5:01pm-11:59 pm on a Friday adding 4 days to your order processing times, and an unrealistic expectations to have it processed after hours.

You are using time from when check cashed which would include shipping times. Of which should be consistent in a perfect world, but we all know are not and can aggravatingly vary, anything from 1 day, to weeks, to never.

Also which others are stating you have to take into account atf check cashing processing times vary.  The last two things are out of Silencer Shop control, fact...

I have had a form 3 lost by atf, delaying me months, this was back before electronic, Silencer shop took care of everything for me.  I have paper filed form 4’s myself this year on 3 suppressors, checks were cashed, I called a couple months later, and serial #’s were not in the system, and I was refunded tax stamp money.  That cost me over 3 months (9 months by your calculations) wait time on thousands of dollars worth of suppressors.  All the nfa/atf fault.  You bet ya I had my dealer add these into the kiosk and had Silencer shop take over and do those 3 form 4’s.

I recently placed an order for some industrial equipmet, there were 72 items in total on the order, I was told everything was instock, order total was probably more then you make a year.  I have yet to receive shipping/tracking info.

Should I call them and tell them that I have been delayed a total of 36,288 man hours (boy, I should sue, thats over $3.6 million at my discounted rate, not including overtime)  or 1,512 days, or 216 weeks, or 18 months, or 1.5 yrs, even though my order was 3 weeks ago? but 3 weeks x 72 items = 216 weeks, fact... ( Just a heads up I won’t be calling them, they are probably busy loading 5 to 6 tractor trailers, to make a cross country delivery)
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Still wrong.  These are actually-submitted forms.  I have about 15 through the mail. . . all about two days.

FETA-I wish they'd bring back the EFile.  And for those of those wishing the same thing, I suspect that Silencershop's venture into this space will prevent that from happening.  Hadn't thought of that until just now.  For those who may not be aware, EFile was where you submitted the application online, and it went much faster.  For a while, both Silencers and Short Barreled Rifles were eligible for E-File.  Then, for whatever reason, they took Silencers off that list, and it was SBR's only.  The more I think about this, the more it makes sense that Silencershop is probably ruining any chance we ever had to going back to the wonderful days of Efiling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not wrong.  You don't have enough data to make the assumptions you're making.    There are going to be inherent delays in processing it through someone like Silencer Shop and when you calculate the start time.    I get it.  You hate them.  They've ruined NFA for you.   They're providing a good service.  Don't buy it if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Not wrong.  You don't have enough data to make the assumptions you're making.    There are going to be inherent delays in processing it through someone like Silencer Shop and when you calculate the start time.  
View Quote
Aren't you confirming my point?   You just said there are going to be inherent delays.  So, we agree?  Or are you just trying to confuse people by saying a whole bunch of stuff and then leaving them not knowing what to believe?

Facts:  Silencershop took 39 days for each of two of my suppressors.  Then they lied about it.

I've said over and over (and over and over), if you want to trade simplicity for length of wait, so be it.

Everyone who has read this thread is going in eyes wide open.  I don't expect people to be offended about Silencershop lying to me.  But if it happens to them, then they'll be able to add their point of view later.  Someone was the first to report on Botach, right? Or report Cheaperthandirt's price gouging?  We all hope that Silencershop doesn't follow suit, but these reports have to start somewhere.  Fanboys (and employees) will come in and defend, but I think people can see through that.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
 The more I think about this, the more it makes sense that Silencershop is probably ruining any chance we ever had to going back to the wonderful days of Efiling.
View Quote
You do realize that Silencer Shop was the largest user of eForms, right?
And actually blamed for some of the delays in using eForms?
If you actually read more on ARfcom instead of using it to bitch and whine you would know that.

Keep posting, this has gone beyond a shrill rant and become a laugh riot.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There is so much fundamentally wrong with your understanding (or at least description) of eForms, that you've lost all credibility in this discussion as far as I'm concerned.

I tried to stay out of this one and let it die, even though others continued to respond...but I couldn't let that post go without saying something.

Back to living under my rock now...
View Quote
What was wrong with my description of eForms?  I don't think I even said anything controversial.  They were great.  We loved them.  They applied to Form 4s and 1s, then just Form 1s.  Then they took them away.  Those are all true things (unless you didn't love them).

The last eForm I tried to file was at about 10:30 p.m. on the night before the day that 41f/p was supposed to go into effect.  I had filed two that morning.  I ran to my LGS just to buy one more thing to Form 1.  Went back to the office, got set up, updated the trust, and went to file.  But no!  It was down.  On a whim, I called the BATFE and thought, wouldn't it be hysterical if someone actually picked up the phone.  And they did!  I couldn't believe it.  End of story is that I ended up using USPS online so I could get the Date Stamp on my application so I didn't have to go through the machinations of fingerprinting, etc. that we all have to do now.  Also true:  That gun hasn't been touched since I purchased it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If you actually read more on ARfcom instead of using it to bitch and whine you would know that.

View Quote
Oooh, another "shill accusation".  Which competitor am I working for again?  Is there a competitor?  THE EASIEST WAY TO BUILD YOUR POST COUNT (a badge of honor, and not shame, apparently) IS TO BE MEAN TO SOMEONE WITHOUT BASIS.

What does Silencershop's eform usage have to do with anything?  So confused right now.

They have built (if it worked, I'd say they built it well) a substitute system for the eForms system (which would have become antiquated because of fingerprint requirements).  There are no competitors for them (except for us as individuals) and many have said they process over the majority of applications (which may deserve Sherman Act review . . . again, a rogue thought).  I wonder what the HHI would be for this industry:  HHI  Perhaps I'll make a phone call.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can efile a Form 1 SBR? Point me to this little slice of heaven.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Oooh, another "shill accusation".  Which competitor am I working for again?  Is there a competitor?  THE EASIEST WAY TO BUILD YOUR POST COUNT (a badge of honor, and not shame, apparently) IS TO BE MEAN TO SOMEONE WITHOUT BASIS.

What does Silencershop's eform usage have to do with anything?  So confused right now.

They have built (if it worked, I'd say they built it well) a substitute system for the eForms system (which would have become antiquated because of fingerprint requirements).  There are no competitors for them (except for us as individuals) and many have said they process over the majority of applications (which may deserve Sherman Act review . . . again, a rogue thought).  I wonder what the HHI would be for this industry:  HHI  Perhaps I'll make a phone call.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(which may deserve Sherman Act review . . . again, a rogue thought)

Perhaps I'll make a phone call.

Who are you going to call?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top