Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Would really like to see a modular length version of this design, as it would be particularly well suited to the task due to the reduced weight afforded by the material.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Would be cool to see a reflex with flash hider mount variant.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 10:02:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would really like to see a modular length version of this design, as it would be particularly well suited to the task due to the reduced weight afforded by the material.
View Quote
Yeah, I like that idea a lot.  A 1.5" or 2" section up front like my Rugged Surge.  A 1.5" front section would keep it at ~7.5" in direct thread and ~9" w/ Key-MO.

ETA:  Can that even be done on a tubeless design?
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The thing is, reflex designs are a case of the performance not being worth it for the extra size & weight.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, I like that idea a lot.  A 1.5" or 2" section up front like my Rugged Surge.  A 1.5" front section would keep it at ~7.5" in direct thread and ~9" w/ Key-MO.

It already has a threaded cap for the wipe.  They could do a 7.5"/9", or like the Nyx 2, make a 2.0 version of this one with a 2" module for 5"/7" goodness.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 12:38:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The thing is, reflex designs are a case of the performance not being worth it for the extra size & weight.
View Quote
Weight maybe, but they don't add too much more length. And if you're using something like a Colt 6920, where you have a bunch of exposed barrel, there's little reason why you shouldn't use it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:16:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It already has a threaded cap for the wipe.  They could do a 7.5"/9", or like the Nyx 2, make a 2.0 version of this one with a 2" module.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It already has a threaded cap for the wipe.  They could do a 7.5"/9", or like the Nyx 2, make a 2.0 version of this one with a 2" module.
I think a modular design with an extra 2" of baffles (or more) would be great! This would also solve another poster's question of whether there will be an "L" model in the future.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:44:36 AM EDT
[#7]
5.56 and flash hider end-caps.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good call on the flash hider end caps!
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No need for 5.56 front cap, it comes with a wipe, it's any caliber from .00 to .30.

I so do need to shoot at night to see how mush flash there is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No need for 5.56 front cap, it comes with a wipe, it's any caliber from .00 to .30.

I so do need to shoot at night to see how mush flash there is.
While some features of the can interest me, the wipe isn't one of them. Any plans for a comparison between the VOX and the S or Resonator?
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We metered the Resonator last weekend and just did the Vox (no wipe), Sandman-S and Rugged Razor this morning on an 11.5" 5.56mm M16 and 300BLK (subs) on an AAC HandiRifle.  I should be able to have the numbers compiled later today.

As for the 5.56mm front cap, I'll leave that up to @kedminster and his team.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While some features of the can interest me, the wipe isn't one of them. Any plans for a comparison between the VOX and the S or Resonator?
We metered the Resonator last weekend and just did the Vox (no wipe), Sandman-S and Rugged Razor this morning on an 11.5" 5.56mm M16 and 300BLK (subs) on an AAC HandiRifle.  I should be able to have the numbers compiled later today.

Same host and metering location/s? And thanks for testing and sharing
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
You should have done the sig srd556 and srd762 too as it puts those to shame (no experience with vox)
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
SIG makes a good silencer.  We did test a SRD556TiQD last weekend and it metered very well, 132db IIRC on our 11.5" M16.
View Quote
Yeah its the only can I can stand to shoot on my 11.5 without ear pro.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
SIG makes a good silencer.  We did test a SRD556TiQD last weekend and it metered very well, 132db IIRC on our 11.5" M16.
View Quote
You spelled great wrong.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Wait, is it SRD556Ti-QD?  Why don't you crank up the machines and start making them again...
View Quote
Not my department homes.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You spelled great wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You spelled great wrong.
I love that great can
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I wouldn't shoot corrosive through any suppressor, except maybe one that was fully serviceable... even then it would be a last resort type thing for me...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would corrosive milsurp ammo be a no-go through the VOX?
I wouldn't shoot corrosive through any suppressor, except maybe one that was fully serviceable... even then it would be a last resort type thing for me...
I have a lot more experience than you on this and it’s fine, just rinse the suppressor and weapon in hot water.  That’s it.  You can dry out the rifle with compressed air and/or sunlight and the can in a toaster or regular oven.  I’ve been doing this for years, my Sakers are fine.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for everyone participating in this thread. I am working on setting up an appropriate Industry Partner account so I can respond to all questions/comments on here. The mods have been great in unfreezing this and I want to respect that this is someone else's forum & rules and abide by that. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew and didn't think I was leaving you hanging! I will be back in the discussion soon; till then Hansohn has a great handle on it!

Thanks!

Karl Edminster
Energetic Armament LLC
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thanks for everyone participating in this thread. I am working on setting up an appropriate Industry Partner account so I can respond to all questions/comments on here. The mods have been great in unfreezing this and I want to respect that this is someone else's forum & rules and abide by that. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew and didn't think I was leaving you hanging! I will be back in the discussion soon; till then Hansohn has a great handle on it!

Thanks!

Karl Edminster
Energetic Armament LLC
View Quote
Good to see you'll be around Karl, and welcome to the forum!

I have a NYX Mod1 in jail right now, very excited about it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I do need to shoot at night to see how much flash there is.
View Quote
Yes please do that, this is a pretty important factor to me as well.  NVDs have a way of intensifying muzzle flash.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Go ahead and answer the questions. Technical Q&A is just fine...
View Quote
Thank you; I have sent email to [email protected] to get the info about setting up the appropriate account but have not yet heard back.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#28]
The Vox has a threaded front end to accept a user removable/replaceable cap. This relates to several questions/comments so I will try to summarize:

1. The thread pattern does not match DA caps
2. The threaded front may allow future expansion into modular front ends (i.e. L config)
3. A front cap with a smaller aperture for 5.56 may be made. Can't do that for sound reduction purposes though or that may create a 'silencer part' and cause ATF heartburn for sales separate from the original can. Some people just like throwing their bullet into a tighter orifice.
4. Flash hider accessories are possible.

If I missed your question/comment please let me know. Also glad to discuss the materials properties I posted earlier. I have not yet seen a response from the original concerned poster and would really welcome a detailed engineering analysis discussion especially in an open, peer reviewed forum. #scienceforthewin
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:49:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's.... impressive to say the least.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’m more than happy with mine on my 10.5. I wish I bought three of them. I might just snag a srd556qd.

My next and final can is either the above mentioned, the yhm turbo or this Vox
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 12:44:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The Vox has a threaded front end to accept a user removable/replaceable cap. This relates to several questions/comments so I will try to summarize:

1. The thread pattern does not match DA caps
2. The threaded front may allow future expansion into modular front ends (i.e. L config)
3. A front cap with a smaller aperture for 5.56 may be made. Can't do that for sound reduction purposes though or that may create a 'silencer part' and cause ATF heartburn for sales separate from the original can. Some people just like throwing their bullet into a tighter orifice.
4. Flash hider accessories are possible.

If I missed your question/comment please let me know. Also glad to discuss the materials properties I posted earlier. I have not yet seen a response from the original concerned poster and would really welcome a detailed engineering analysis discussion especially in an open, peer reviewed forum. #scienceforthewin
View Quote
I'm just waiting...
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You spelled great wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You spelled great wrong.
Sig says they stopped manufacturing the SRD556Ti-QD because there was excessive front baffle erosion when the can was run on short barrels.  Story is that one day they will resume the SRD556Ti-QD can but change the first baffle to inconel.  No production date was set when I heard this some months ago, just them getting around to it someday.  They recommend running the SRD556Ti-QD on 14.5-Inch barrels or longer but say it really won't be a problem to keep it on their 11.5 inch barrels but going shorter will lead to accelerated wear (still covered under warranty).
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#33]
I am infatuated with wipes as I think the combination of this "old" technology with current state of the art in terms of baffles tech can yield great results.

Looking at the Hansohn Bros. video and averaging the .300 sub results shows about a 2dB reduction when using the wipe. Does this coincide with the design goals with wipe?

Just curious as to the design philosophy in terms of what was the specific inspiration for the inclusion of the wipe in terms of configuration and performance with desired load.

Is the wipe material a standard MSC type (easy to obtain)?
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I am infatuated with wipes as I think the combination of this "old" technology with current state of the art in terms of baffles tech can yield great results.

Looking at the Hansohn Bros. video and averaging the .300 sub results shows about a 2dB reduction when using the wipe. Does this coincide with the design goals with wipe?

Just curious as to the design philosophy in terms of what was the specific inspiration for the inclusion of the wipe in terms of configuration and performance with desired load.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Posted on page 3
Quoted:EA wanted to give you the versatility by including a wipe, whether you want to use it is personal preference.  Wipe replacement can be done by any qualified gun smith.  I also offer wipe replacement for any wiped can.  For the do-it-yourselfers, the wipe is high temp, fabric reinforced silicon with a durometer of 70A, McMaster #3635K17.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Could  a K version be offered in the future?
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have not used a suppressor with wipes. It does not sound like it's ideal for a rifle can shooting at distance. I saw HB's statement that it was fine, however, a Molon style accuracy test would be awesome. Pistol can at pillow against a head distance, wipes probably not a big deal.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have not used a suppressor with wipes. It does not sound like it's ideal for a rifle can shooting at distance. I saw HB's statement that it was fine, however, a Molon style accuracy test would be awesome. Pistol can at pillow against a head distance, wipes probably not a big deal.
View Quote
Yeah, I'd assume it's more for 300blk Subs down the hallway in the middle of the night, rather than a supersonic at 300yards. I think 6.5 was mentioned, so it'd be interesting to see how it affects accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
It was my can and rifle, hit me up outside of this thread if you have questions.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Damn it. Here’s a can that I want...and need...just because. I already have some cash burning in my sock drawer waiting for this can. @HansohnBrothers Any way to start a deposit list? If this can is as good as it seems, I dying to see what they do with pistol cans.

I will say that I wish SS would have rolled out their “money back guarantee” a month or 2 earlier...I would have returned my 9mm can with a QUICKNESS.
1-can performs “ok” for the price paid.
2-CS is far from good. Got an obnoxious reply from someone that got me pretty heated. I understand this company is in business to make money, but damn...take care of the customer and you’ll get repeated sales (look at SiCo and my 2 ball slapping mistakes).
3-perception perception perception...
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:17:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Ok, next on the agenda...

So apparently a concerned poster seemed to have his interpretation of the economics figured out here and was sure we were running a 501(c).

Sorry, not the case and basically the whole analysis had no actual reference to reality. Please see my previous post about always validating your references...

1. We are running a for-profit LLC; not a non-profit 501(c). I support lots of charities but manufacturing silencers to loose money is not one of them.
2. If you think our materials analysis is on-point, our business planning and financial management game is there as well.
3. Yes, C300 is expensive but not quite as expensive as the concerned posted believes. Please refer to Item 2 above.

Next: manufacturing concerns...

Note: sorry for the spread posts; this 2k character limit is killing me!
View Quote
You had me until "loose"

Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:24:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should have done the sig srd556 and srd762 too as it puts those to shame (no experience with vox)
Just an FYI but Sig doesn't recommend barrel shorter than 16" with the ti model
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:56:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Sure, send a PM or an email to get on the waiting list.  If you really want to put a deposit to reserve one, call the shop.  Deposit is non-refundable $200 that will be applied to the balance due once the silencers arrive.  Understand that these will not be delivered to me before mid July.
View Quote
Roger that. Will do sometime during the day!
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:28:08 AM EDT
[#45]
What I don't understand is why Energetic is getting bashed by some for using Dead Air's Keymo.  I mean, it's the best mount in the industry, period.  I'm sure they're paying royalties or whatever so it's not like they're "ripping them off."  Besides, it's about time we get some kind of industry standard with regard to QD mounts.  Many manufacturer's centerfire pistol suppressors now accept SiCo pistons.....again, smart.  Same thing. Does anyone remember when every cell phone had a different charging port?  That was stupid.  Now there are basically two.  We need this in the industry.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#46]
What makes the Keymo so good?

Honest question, I've never seen one. I only have direct thread suppressors.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What I don't understand is why Energetic is getting bashed by some for using Dead Air's Keymo.  I mean, it's the best mount in the industry, period.  I'm sure they're paying royalties or whatever so it's not like they're "ripping them off."  Besides, it's about time we get some kind of industry standard with regard to QD mounts.  Many manufacturer's centerfire pistol suppressors now accept SiCo pistons.....again, smart.  Same thing. Does anyone remember when every cell phone had a different charging port?  That was stupid.  Now there are basically two.  We need this in the industry.
View Quote
Shouldn't have to pay any royalties. The Keymo was designed to work with SiCo cans so EA has smartly followed suit by using the same thread pitch but promoting the solid DA mounting system. DA now gets to sell more Keymos and muzzle devices.

Suppressor accessories add up quickly. When you can offer your product to somebody who is already invested in another "ecosystem" it's a good move. Especially when the mounting system is well regarded. I don't have an immediate need for this can but I am impressed and would've given it a hard look back when I was making my .30 cal can purchases.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dead Air Armament: Sandman Suppressor Demo

Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
From my experience/observation after a couple years of ownership this:

- Rock solid lockup.  No worries with shooting loose.  And from what I can tell I just don't think the ratchet system will wear out.  
- YET it will not get stuck even after long strings of fire.  Basically if you can handle it, you can remove it.
- Repeatability - I have yet to have to re zero any rifles once zeroed with the can in place.
- Zero leakage between the can and mounting interface.  No carbon or anything can build up on the mounting surface
- Easy, one handed operation.  I don't use a can under a hand guard but for guys who do it's nice.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Shouldn't have to pay any royalties. The Keymo was designed to work with SiCo cans so EA has smartly followed suit by using the same thread pitch but promoting the solid DA mounting system. DA now gets to sell more Keymos and muzzle devices.

Suppressor accessories add up quickly. When you can offer your product to somebody who is already invested in another "ecosystem" it's a good move. Especially when the mounting system is well regarded. I don't have an immediate need for this can but I am impressed and would've given it a hard look back when I was making my .30 cal can purchases.
View Quote
I agree.  If the Sandman-S didn't exist or I didn't already have one I'd purchase a Vox.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top