Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2017 10:10:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks guys!

The Halcyon is fantastic. Barring something crazy, I’ll be purchasing one to keep.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys!

The Halcyon is fantastic. Barring something crazy, I’ll be purchasing one to keep.
View Quote
Don’t say that. I don’t need another 22LR silencer...
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#3]
You are correct. You don't need another 22 LR  silencer. You need THE .22 LR silencer!

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you clean the titanium baffles in an ultrasonic cleaner? I assume the answer is "no."  Perhaps a tumbler would be needed instead, for this can.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I purchased one yesterday. It was between it and the Dead Air Mask. I think I made the right choice.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can you clean the titanium baffles in an ultrasonic cleaner? I assume the answer is "no."  Perhaps a tumbler would be needed instead, for this can.
View Quote
Yes! You can clean the Titanium baffles in an ultrasonic. you can also clean them in a tumbler if you so choose.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 12:44:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I know aluminum isn't a good idea but never heard anything about titanium?
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ti is just fine in a ultrasonic.

We do not recommend Aluminum baffles in a ultrasonic as we don't know if the user has a consumer grade unit or a industrial cleaner. Most consumer grade cleaners will not damage the baffles and many users disreguard our warnings with no real problems but all it takes is one guy dumping aluminum baffles in a industrial cleaner for 2 days...
View Quote
Has AAC ever tested wet tumbling Aluminum baffles in NON stainless steel media. Something like copper, Brass or bronze media?

I have just seen charts like below and to me those metals are softer than T6. I may be understanding the chart incorrectly.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to throw some dirty Ti-Rant 45 M baffles in a tumbler with walnut media to see what happens. I'll share the results.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, but does it spark?  My titanium can sparks... of course on 300WM, I believe that even Stellite might spark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top