Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2017 3:45:44 AM EDT
So I think I remember reading that the MAAD mount can have issues with launching the can off of guns. Should I trade in/get rid of my Silencerco MAAD mount and muzzle devices (just got my suppressor) and go with the ASR mount and stuff? Just looking for opinions.

I understand the MAAD mounting system is/can be quicker for on and off. Truly one handed. But the ASR system is more solid. Both have their pros and cons.

Also, for SBR and pistols. Would it be a good idea to use a muzzle break instead of flash suppressor as kind of an extra blast baffle? I remember reading a while back that somewhere.

Be kind. These are my first suppressors.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 3:48:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
This, far superior mounting system
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 2 sakers and 4 rifles that they mount to, the MAAD has worked well for me. If someone came up with away to convert the sakers to a mount like my recce 5, I’d ship them out for conversion today.

For sbr’s I use brakes, rifles get flash hiders and my 6.5CM uses a brake.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:40:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Key-Mo for sure.   It’s the evolution of the Trifecta system without the suckiness. One hand, solid.  I haven’t had any issues with the ASR, but all the cans that are convertible will be switched to Key-Mo eventually.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#5]
MAAD is actually the general term for the interchangeable mounting system on the Saker suppressors. The Trifecta is the original mount that came with the Saker and the ASR is the mount that was used on the Specwar line and the current Saker ASR line.

Between the two, I chose the ASR system as I have both Specwars and Sakers. If you are starting with a blank sheet - definitely look into the KeyMo system.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Between the two, I chose the ASR system as I have both Specwars and Sakers. If you are starting with a blank sheet - definitely look into the KeyMo system.
View Quote
This.

I have a bunch of guns with ASR mounts, but Keymo is the better choice.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Key-mo. Dead Air has an awesome mount.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#10]
While I never did have issues with the trifecta/maad mount, I switched my SiCo cans to Keymo. Glad I did too because I just bought a sandman k

Eta, I never seriously considered ASR as I have some cans mounted under rails
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Double tap
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I didn't know the Keymo existed. Watching some video comparisons and doing some reading, I can see why folks like it. But my fun money situation has severely changed since I bought my suppressors some fifteen months ago. As cool as Keymo seems, it's another $400-500-ish bucks to replace (of course I'd sell the Trifecta stuff I already have, but don't know what I'dget for them all) my Trifecta stuff.

I have no plans to put the Saker on any guns and run it under handguards.

I have no plans to buy a Dead Air (as cool as they are) can any time in the future.

---------
Plus I have a few accessories to buy for some Osprey cans (rectangles ) as well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Is there a keymo setup for the hybrid 46?
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
No. . I thought about having a .30 keymo brake bored out to .46 tho
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn you guys!  

I’ve been perfectly happy with my ASR mounts on my Saker 762 and Omega.  Now you just keep talking about how good the Key-Mo is and I’m thinking about converting......

Then I can start doing some under handguard mounts and maybe pickup that Sandman-K I kinda want......
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes there is, but there are only a couple thread pitches/diameters.

That's why I'm going asr on my hybrid. I would have went keymo in a heartbeat, but they didn't have the muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes there is, but there are only a couple thread pitches/diameters.

That's why I'm going asr on my hybrid. I would have went keymo in a heartbeat, but they didn't have the muzzle devices.
View Quote
Yes, the .30 and 5.56 FH's and brakes work with the hybrid Keymo adapter. No, there is not a big bore hybrid FH or brake available, afaik
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#18]
As others have said, key-mo is the superior choice. I switched to key-mo on my saker and haven't looked back.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#19]
My expereince is that the learning curve for the Silencerco Trifecta mount is a bit higher but it's rock solid so long as you pay attention to mounting it as designed.  It needs to be aligned right at the start on the muzzle device and then twisted till you get to the slight notch-like feeling that is at the end of the twist-on.  FWIW, I also have to align at the start my SF SOCOM so that the collar tightens and latches as designed.  Do it wrong for either and you can launch the can.  

I asked Silencerco about why they were moving away from the Trifecta in favor of the ASR.  I was told that the Trifecta is more expensive because it requires 17 different parts while the ASR needs just four.  Maybe there's more to the story since the Internet has writeups over problems with the Trifecta mount but my guess is that the failures are due to mounting issues.  

I do like the modularity of the mounting system.  I've also purchased the 51T and direct threat mounts...one can does them all.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I didn't know the Keymo existed. Watching some video comparisons and doing some reading, I can see why folks like it. But my fun money situation has severely changed since I bought my suppressors some fifteen months ago. As cool as Keymo seems, it's another $400-500-ish bucks to replace (of course I'd sell the Trifecta stuff I already have, but don't know what I'dget for them all) my Trifecta stuff.

I have no plans to buy a Dead Air (as cool as they are) can any time in the future.

---------
Plus I have a few accessories to buy for some Osprey cans (rectangles ) as well.
View Quote
I have no problem with my trifecta mounts. It was part of the reason I bought the Saker. Works great on many guns. Try it before you spend money on the latest and greatest.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have no problem with my trifecta mounts. It was part of the reason I bought the Saker. Works great on many guns. Try it before you spend money on the latest and greatest.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

---------
I too have had zero issues with the two trifecta mounts i own. Sometimes it is a bid hard to get off but a good smack on the tailgate and it comes right off every time.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I switched my Saker over to ASR once my Specwar was approved.  I liked Trifecta, but it got stuck a lot which was annoying.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:58:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Launched my Saker 7.62 twice with the Trifecta, sent it in for exchange to the ASR, no mo issues.

First launch was pretty impressive, half way through the 3rd mag on the SCAR 17 when it launched just past the 50 yard target line. If the bullet wouldn't have taken someone out the Saker would have knocked the shit out of em.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I transferred all my trifecta modules and muzzle devices out for keymo, very impressed so far.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#25]
ASR! I had Silencerco switch my MAAD and all my flashhiders to ASR.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
ASR! I had Silencerco switch my MAAD and all my flashhiders to ASR.
View Quote
That's what Ii'm attempting to do. I emailed Silencerco and was honest. Told them I haven't used the Trifecta module or the 2 muzzle devices yet. But I'm hesitant to use them (granted, I may never have a problem). But I asked them if they would switch out my stuff for ASR stuff. Maybe down the road I'd give KeyMo a try.

Hoping to hear back from them soon.

Granted, the Trifecta mounting system is overall probably fine. And issues of sticking and launching cans may be a very small percentage. But I've read enough, that I'm kinda soured on the Trifecta system (stupid maybe, since I've never used it). But I don't wanna deal with it if I don't have to. And I don't want my Saker to be launched when into the woods sometime.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Launched my Saker 7.62 twice with the Trifecta, sent it in for exchange to the ASR, no mo issues.

First launch was pretty impressive, half way through the 3rd mag on the SCAR 17 when it launched just past the 50 yard target line. If the bullet wouldn't have taken someone out the Saker would have knocked the shit out of em.
View Quote
I think I might be mortified if my Saker was launched down range.Especially, if I'm shooting in certain areas. I'd hate for it to be launched into the woods. Might be a bitch to find.

Using a suppressor as a projectile is an interesting less lethal option.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#28]
I haven't launched my Trifecta Saker, but there is a learning curve. Don't tighten/loosen it off the gun. Get it seated right, drop it on vertically, and then twist it on fully, you don't need super tight. To remove, don't take it off when it's really hot or really cold, like lukewarm. Mine gets stuck otherwise, and make sure to un-twist it fully before pulling it off the mount.

I have launched and broke the ASR on my Specwar 556 with the Gen 1 ASR with the thin post that was easy to lock. Just got it back from SiCo, with I assume is the Gen 2 as it has massive hex bolt as the stop pin for the collar, and is much harder to lock.

I run brakes on the SBRs and a 14.5, and FH on the 16 inchers.  The brakes on the SBRs definitly act as baffle, as the carbon buildup on them was significant compared to me trying the flash hiders for the same amount of rounds.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:40:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I haven't launched my Trifecta Saker, but there is a learning curve. Don't tighten/loosen it off the gun. Get it seated right, drop it on vertically, and then twist it on fully, you don't need super tight. To remove, don't take it off when it's really hot or really cold, like lukewarm. Mine gets stuck otherwise, and make sure to un-twist it fully before pulling it off the mount.

I have launched and broke the ASR on my Specwar 556 with the Gen 1 ASR with the thin post that was easy to lock. Just got it back from SiCo, with I assume is the Gen 2 as it has massive hex bolt as the stop pin for the collar, and is much harder to lock.

I run brakes on the SBRs and a 14.5, and FH on the 16 inchers.  The brakes on the SBRs definitly act as baffle, as the carbon buildup on them was significant compared to me trying the flash hiders for the same amount of rounds.
View Quote
Well, I contacted SiCo.  They're gonna swap out my Trifecta stuff for ASR stuff.So I'm gonna do that. Granted, I may never have a problem with trifecta. And it does mount "cooler" than ASR. But I'm trying to head off potential problems (flying cans and sticking ones). Maybe all go to fancy KeyMo some time. But don't wanna spend the time and money.

Definitely going with brakes for the short guns. Until a few days ago, didn't realize that was a thing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:53:14 AM EDT
[#30]
If you are even considering going KeyMo now is the time. You can sell the new ASR stuff and use the funds for the keymo stuff.

Quoted:

Well, I contacted SiCo.  They're gonna swap out my Trifecta stuff for ASR stuff.So I'm gonna do that. Granted, I may never have a problem with trifecta. And it does mount "cooler" than ASR. But I'm trying to head off potential problems (flying cans and sticking ones). Maybe all go to fancy KeyMo some time. But don't wanna spend the time and money.

Definitely going with brakes for the short guns. Until a few days ago, didn't realize that was a thing.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:06:11 AM EDT
[#31]
KeyMo may be the bee’s knees, but ASR works fine and has zero cost to you. Since cost is a factor for you, OP, no need to go with the latest and greatest. The cost is not insignificant, especially if you have many guns.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Okay am a suppressor newbie, only been at it maybe 1.5 years.  Have the maad trifecta mount system and older style built like a tank .30 saker.  Used their muzzle brakes on 6 rifles, two of them precision.  Outside of first learning curve; like don't lock it up unless mounted, clean the mounting system or mount hot silencer on cold barrel, have been extremely pleased.  Especially the accuracy and repeatability on the precision rifles (ssg 3000 and 6.5/308 rpr).   Am hesitant to change anything that works so well, but did add an omega and hybrid to the mix.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
YHM.
View Quote
Yes, go with the Saker to YHM MD adapter. BW can point you to a better than SiCo aftermarket adapter, or you can purchase SiCo's Saker to YHM MD adapter here: https://www.store.silencerco.com/collections/silencer-accessories/products/y-mount-maad-mount?variant=362778719

The YHM QD mounting system is far superior to any other alternative.

The ASR system works fine, but you need to pay attention to mounting the suppressor, making sure the locking ring is in the open position before threading on the suppressor, and then making sure you rotate the locking ring to the closed and locked position. Every ASR FU I have read about [except locking the mount and suppressor up by hot mounting the suppressor] stems from the user failing to actually thread the suppressor on the mount (usually, it seems, because the locking ring was in the locked position, preventing the suppressor from threading on the mount.)

The KeyMo adds length and weight, both things to avoid.

JPK
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yes, go with the Saker to YHM MD adapter. BW can point you to a better than SiCo aftermarket adapter, or you can purchase SiCo's Saker to YHM MD adapter here: https://www.store.silencerco.com/collections/silencer-accessories/products/y-mount-maad-mount?variant=362778719

The YHM QD mounting system is far superior to any other alternative.

The ASR system works fine, but you need to pay attention to mounting the suppressor, making sure the locking ring is in the open position before threading on the suppressor, and then making sure you rotate the locking ring to the closed and locked position. Every ASR FU I have read about [except locking the mount and suppressor up by hot mounting the suppressor] stems from the user failing to actually thread the suppressor on the mount (usually, it seems, because the locking ring was in the locked position, preventing the suppressor from threading on the mount.)

The KeyMo adds length and weight, both things to avoid.

JPK
View Quote
Thanks for the tips.

I've sent off my Trifecta stuff. Hopefully I get my ASR stuff back quickly.

I get my free suppressor pouches from Sico in the mail today.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:49:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I had issues with the MADD mount on my 762 Saker, and Sico switched me over to the ASR mounting solution.
I've had no issues with the ASR mounting solution. I don't run anything under rails.

12 1/2-28 B.E. Meyers 249 Saker flash hiders, 2 5/8-24 hiders, 3 5/8-24 brakes and the mount on the can, at no cost to me.
With over $1 large tied up in mounts and hiders, I don't see me switching again to the Dead Air solution.
Not unless they are willing to go me one for one.

The stamp came in Thursday for my 556 Saker, and I'll be switching it over the ASR.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Thanks for the tips.

I've sent off my Trifecta stuff. Hopefully I get my ASR stuff back quickly.

I get my free suppressor pouches from Sico in the mail today.
View Quote
How’d you get free pouches?

Never mind, I see.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

How’d you get free pouches?

Never mind, I see.
View Quote
as you probably figured out. New suppressors. I registered them on SiCo's website. I could choose between a free hat or molle pouch. Pouches may get some use.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 12:29:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

as you probably figured out. New suppressors. I registered them on SiCo's website. I could choose between a free hat or molle pouch. Pouches may get some use.
View Quote
I just bought a hybrid yesterday. Hopefully they’ll have this deal going when I get it out of jail. Sux that I missed the $200 rebate deal.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 5:12:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I just bought a hybrid yesterday. Hopefully they’ll have this deal going when I get it out of jail. Sux that I missed the $200 rebate deal.
View Quote
Yeah, I saw that rebate online. That would have been nice. I saw people complaing that the rebate wasn't a "rebate", getting $200 (x whatever) for stuff from SiCo. I could use the $600 coupons to buy plenty of attachments and stuff. Oh well.

I'd imagine SiCo will have something going on. The propaganda in my box(es) mentioned registering them w/ SiCo to get a free t-shirt. But when I went online, my options were only hat or the molle pouch: https://www.store.silencerco.com/collections/gear/products/silencerco-suppressor-pouches I could have used the shirt(s). Wouldn't wear the hats and may never use the pouches.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#40]
The pouches routinely go on sale for $5.

I have a draw full of new ones.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The pouches routinely go on sale for $5.

I have a draw full of new ones.
View Quote
Oh. Lol
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Oh that's cool thats just like the Griffin taper mounts. I have 5 Griffin suppressors that uses the tapers mounts and they will not come undone. Once they get hot you have to let them cool down because ypu can not get them undone when hot. You will unscrew the muzzle device before the suppressor lets go of the muzzle device when hot.

Ask me how I know that

Damn I want one I hate locking collars

But that said I use the ASR all the way
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top