Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/13/2017 9:43:52 AM EDT
Instagram post

I found this just now and see it was posted 2 days ago. Surprised nobody posted it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Interested in getting details.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#2]
22lr - 22-250...pretty cool.

I haven’t been too happy with them but I finally got my can (resistance 9) working right. No thanks to them. It needed a new o-ring in the piston housing. Works fine now.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interested in getting details.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Was that full auto 5.56?

So they have made a tiny 5.56 can?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Looks kinda like a mini Optimus with a weird looking mount.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#5]
In for the specs on this one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Was that full auto 5.56?

So they have made a tiny 5.56 can?
View Quote
Looks like it. I know a few other manufacturer's have run their rimfire cans on auto 5.56 uppers but it really hasn't been advertised. I've been waiting for Griffin to post it up on here but nothing yet!
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#7]
So they made a 22LR sized can that'll handle centerfire rounds, it's going to be loud as fuck with anything other than 22LR or it's simply a user serviceable RECCE 5..
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Interesting. I guess we'll see what the tradeoff is (in weight) to be able to handle centerfire rounds.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I have been impatiently waiting for this can since Griffin teased us months ago.

My .22 magnum needs something like this.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Still the same warranty it looks like. Griffin may have great products (maybe not? I don't know, I don't own them), but they don't have an industry leading warranty. Maybe that will be acceptable when suppressors actually make it to mainstream, but for now, you're married to a chunk of metal with a serial number because of the process. Because of that, the warranty is important to me.

Griffin:
https://www.griffinarmament.com/help_answer.asp?ID=13
PRODUCT LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY: Subject to the limitations outlined below, Griffin Armament will repair or replace free of charge any product we manufacture for the duration of this lifetime warranty. This warranty is unlimited in duration and covers at Griffin Armament’s sole discretion, service, repair, and/or replacement of damaged products caused by normal use. Any repair not covered by the warranty will be billed at a maximum of 30% of current MSRP for a comparable product, subject to BATFE transfer fees as required.
LIMITATIONS: Griffin Armament’s warranty does not cover loss, normal wear, damage to our product or the host weapon system resulting in whole or in part from abusive or negligent use, unauthorized modification, improperly threaded barrels, improperly mounted suppressors, improperly loaded or re-loaded ammunition, or neglect. Finish wear is cosmetic and is not covered by this warranty. Any repairs to the unit made necessary by the above mentioned factors may be invoiced to the owner at a maximum of 30% of current MSRP for the most comparable product. The individual barrel lengths and calibers warranted are listed in the manual you receive with your product, or on the product page [applicable only to the most current model of the respective product]. In all cases refer to the product manual for product limitations prior to using a Griffin Armament product. Warranty is subject to change without notice.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#11]
That is cool if it is centerfire rated as long as it does not excessively impact its weight and performance as a rimfire can.  Unless it performs crazy good for its size on a 5.56 or 5.7, I seriously doubt I would ever use it for that purpose.  I want a quiet, easy to clean, and fairly light new rimfire can.  If it happens to be 5.56 rated, then so be it.  I've been holding off on buying a Halcyon or Oculus to see what Griffin has come up with, I really hope I didn't waste a bunch of time!
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Ehhh not really as "earth shattering" as they claimed. I'd still buy my Oculus & Thunderbeast Takedown .22 over it.  Onto the next thing!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:57:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:46:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Maybe a mag of 5.56 is how you clean it?!?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:17:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So they made a 22LR sized can that'll handle centerfire rounds, it's going to be loud as fuck with anything other than 22LR or it's simply a user serviceable RECCE 5..
View Quote
A user serviceable RECCE 5 would be the next logical step after making the Paladin which is a user serviceable RECCE 7. However, it doesn't really look like this is the case.

If it's just an overbuilt .22 can, I don't really see the point. Better off making a K can and maximizing volume and performance, while minimizing length.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 5:51:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Better off making a K can and maximizing volume and performance, while minimizing length.
View Quote
Totally agree.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#17]
It looks pretty big for a .22 can. If so, it's sorta deceptive to call it a .22 can. Something that size that's 5.56 auto rated is a 5.56 mini can, not a .22 can. It'd be like SiCo marketing the Saker K as "our new super quiet .22 can."
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#18]
It all depends on whether it is priced like a "22 can" or not.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#19]
With people complaining about not even being able to reach them on the phone, their lack of a presence on most sites. Kinda thought they were on their way out.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
With people complaining about not even being able to reach them on the phone, their lack of a presence on most sites. Kinda thought they were on their way out.
View Quote
They were in the process of an enormous move. SilencerCo doesn't even post here, and nobody ever questions them going out of business.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They were in the process of an enormous move. SilencerCo doesn't even post here, and nobody ever questions them going out of business.
View Quote
Lol not referring to here. SiCo posts a lot in certain groups, there's more to the internet than just arfcom
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It all depends on whether it is priced like a "22 can" or not.
View Quote
Agreed, that hadn't occurred to me yet.  Hoping we get some specifics SOON.  If I don't buy one of these then it will probably be a Halcyon.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
22lr - 22-250...pretty cool.

I haven’t been too happy with them but I finally got my can (resistance 9) working right. No thanks to them. It needed a new o-ring in the piston housing. Works fine now.
View Quote
I wasn’t  going to post anything in this thread, but had a similar bad experience with my resistance 9. Different problem, but same bad service. I literally couldn’t even find a telephone number for Griffin when I was dealing with my problem. I like the can now, but won’t buy from them again. 
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 4:07:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Griffon didn't invent the really loud 5.56 can

Not sure what's ground breaking with this... a loud 5.56 can, or a heavy .22 lr can.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:20:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Well this thread just answered my question about griffin from another thread, looking at everybody but them now haha
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well this thread just answered my question about griffin from another thread, looking at everybody but them now haha
View Quote
Smart move. I wish I would have bought the omega over my 30SD
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Smart move. I wish I would have bought the omega over my 30SD
View Quote
Could you explain why?  thanks
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:07:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Could you explain why?  thanks
View Quote
Weight, suppression, better CS, modularity, ability to use Keymo. That's why my next will be dead air of some sort.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Tagging for updates. 

It looks interesting but if it doesnt come soon im buying something else
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone seen an estimated price?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Tagging for updates. 

It looks interesting but if it doesnt come soon im buying something else
View Quote
It ain't coming soon, Griffin dropped hint of this at the beginning of the year and just now release a teaser of it. I would expect this to hit market late next year maybe? By something else and save yourself the wait time!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Exterior diameter, weight and price?  I could see it making a decent 5.7 can.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Anyone seen an estimated price?
View Quote
You can always call them for the price

Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It ain't coming soon, Griffin dropped hint of this at the beginning of the year and just now release a teaser of it. I would expect this to hit market late next year maybe? By something else and save yourself the wait time!
View Quote
Yeah. That’s what I’m thinking too. 
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Maybe they will have it ready for shot show, maybe. I see this as a type of modular can as it's rated for 22 to 22-250, I'd imagine it's heavy and expensive for a 22 can and not great db reduction for a 223 can.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The class of rimfire cans went from 1" diameter rimfire cans to a market demanding 5.7mm handling and preferring cans around 1.1" OD.   We thought it was stupid that people didn't buy one rimfire can over another, because it wasn't rated for a niche caliber they would probably never use with it and might never own a firearm chambered in.  So we wanted the silencer to do something actually useful and handle a round people actually had a firearm chambered in.  That I can actually see the point to.  Of course if it will handle a 22-250 with 4 times the muzzle energy of the 5.7x28, it will also handle the smaller 5.7 round.  

The Optimus micro is a rimfire can you could go deer hunting with.  It is an excellent performing rimfire can that can be used on an M4 or a 22-250.  At 5.3" OAL and 1.1" OD it's still small enough that it belongs in the rimfire class.  We had a .223 bolt gun metering 129 at the ear, and a 22-250 metering 130 at the ear.  Both guns ear safe.  The rimfire pistol metering 115, rifle 116.   The Optimus Micro is the most durable rimfire can on the planet.
View Quote
When can I buy one?
i need an Optimus micro to go with my Optimus. 
I could put both optimi to good use..
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:26:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
When can I buy one?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The class of rimfire cans went from 1" diameter rimfire cans to a market demanding 5.7mm handling and preferring cans around 1.1" OD.   We thought it was stupid that people didn't buy one rimfire can over another, because it wasn't rated for a niche caliber they would probably never use with it and might never own a firearm chambered in.  So we wanted the silencer to do something actually useful and handle a round people actually had a firearm chambered in.  That I can actually see the point to.  Of course if it will handle a 22-250 with 4 times the muzzle energy of the 5.7x28, it will also handle the smaller 5.7 round.  

The Optimus micro is a rimfire can you could go deer hunting with.  It is an excellent performing rimfire can that can be used on an M4 or a 22-250.  At 5.3" OAL and 1.1" OD it's still small enough that it belongs in the rimfire class.  We had a .223 bolt gun metering 129 at the ear, and a 22-250 metering 130 at the ear.  Both guns ear safe.  The rimfire pistol metering 115, rifle 116.   The Optimus Micro is the most durable rimfire can on the planet.
When can I buy one?
And what about weight and rough price estimate?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:15:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When can I buy one?
And mounts? Is it direct thread only or will it work with my well established taper mount collection?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:51:18 PM EDT
[#41]
And compares to the Recce5...
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
And mounts? Is it direct thread only or will it work with my well established taper mount collection?
View Quote
THIS

I would be very interested if the taper mounts would work, but I still cant imagine this can being that much cheaper than the Recce 5 can be had for.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We're working the product release package, suppressors are ready to ship.  The taper mount accessory allows interfacing with taper mounts.   Our pistol 3 Lug coupler kit and pistol 3 lug couplers are compatible with it, so there is no need to purchase those items if you already have them for your Griffin Optimus, Revolution, or Resistance suppressor.
View Quote
Glad to see your posts around here again!  Can you share the weight of the silencer or about when it will be released for sale?  This all looks interesting but we are dying for details!
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

We're working the product release package, suppressors are ready to ship.  The taper mount accessory allows interfacing with taper mounts.   Our pistol 3 Lug coupler kit and pistol 3 lug couplers are compatible with it, so there is no need to purchase those items if you already have them for your Griffin Optimus, Revolution, or Resistance suppressor.
View Quote
Will the taper mount adapter make it longer or will it still be the same OAL?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Here’s the YouTube video on the can. I’m intrigued. I just wish they would reply to my damn emails. Maybe on here. ANYONE IN GRIFFIN PLEASE IM ME!!!!

Griffin Optimus Micro Suppressor Introduction
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Here’s the YouTube video on the can. I’m intrigued. I just wish they would reply to my damn emails. Maybe on here. ANYONE IN GRIFFIN PLEASE IM ME!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBaMttR4c5w
View Quote
Not sure I see the target audience with this product. Maybe the first time suppressor buyer who is really into 5.56 and .22 and stuff in between? But at that point why wouldn't I step up to something a little bigger like a Mystic X etc for even more caliber flexibility?

An 8+ oz rimfire can is HEAVY. I didn't think I cared that much about weight in cans but after owned/handled a few I really like sub 5 oz for rimfire.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#48]
The Silencerco Sparrows are not much lighter.  

It has the same pros/cons as the Optimus.  It's versatile, but it doesn't do anything great.  The 3-lug rimfire is cool though.  

Seems like this is geared towards the cheap guy that wants a 22LR suppressor, but still wants the ability to run it on his AR or hunting rifle.

I guess that guy probably exists?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#49]
So, I'm a bit confused.  I think I need a compatibility chart that shows what mount to use with what host and what suppressor.

For instance, I want to be able to use a 3-lug on my 5.56x45 11.5" barrel SBR.  Can I do this?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The Silencerco Sparrows are not much lighter.  

It has the same pros/cons as the Optimus.  It's versatile, but it doesn't do anything great.  The 3-lug rimfire is cool though.  

Seems like this is geared towards the cheap guy that wants a 22LR suppressor, but still wants the ability to run it on his AR or hunting rifle.

I guess that guy probably exists?
View Quote
.22 plinker who blasts yotes a few times a year?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top