Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2017 9:50:23 PM EDT
I haven't really heard much about the Sig suppressors since they came out

My dealer has a SRD556ti qd at a price that's hard to pass up

Anyone have any experience with them or heard anything good/bad?
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I haven't really heard much about the Sig suppressors since they came out

My dealer has a SRD556ti qd at a price that's hard to pass up

Anyone have any experience with them or heard anything good/bad?
View Quote

Got mine on Friday.

It's heavier than the advertised weight.

Haven't gotten to shoot with it yet unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Haven't weighed mine, but it's light. It sounds good on a 16" barrel.

Sig discontinued the ti version, ostensibly due to durability issues with shorter barrel lengths. They never publish minimums, so maybe they would rather pull the product than suggest limitations. My Sig dealer didn't have much info but said their sig  rep said they don't recommend using the ti on sbr length barrels. 
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve got the same one you’re looking at. I’ve got about 350 rounds on it. Most with a 10.5 barrel. When I bought it last year the sales guy at the “Sig Shop” I bought it from said a 10.5 barrel was fine.

I don’t do mag dumps but I don’t baby it. The only complaint I have is I think it looks stupid. Lol

The mounting system is awesome. No way you could not get it right imo.

I weighed mine. According to my scale it was around 13 ounces without the mount. It was a week or two ago so I don’t remember exactly.

The mount itself is pretty slick too. You mount the base and you can swap the ends between a muzzle break or flash hider. Or you don’t have to run anything on it st all

Sounds great on my 16. Sounds pretty darn good on my 10.5 imo too. I paid $769 I think last year.

Here is a little tid bit:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TMK_TA4zDxs
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Haven't weighed mine, but it's light. It sounds good on a 16" barrel.

Sig discontinued the ti version, ostensibly due to durability issues with shorter barrel lengths. They never publish minimums, so maybe they would rather pull the product than suggest limitations. My Sig dealer didn't have much info but said their sig  rep said they don't recommend using the ti on sbr length barrels. 
View Quote
I never heard that before. I need somewhere that they recommend 10.5" as a minimum which is what mine wi l be used on.

I don't really do mag dumps (ok, maybe every once in a while ) so I doubt I'll have any issues

I ended up paying $500 and since it was in stock there was no transfer fee
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I’ve got the same one you’re looking at. I’ve got about 350 rounds on it. Most with a 10.5 barrel. When I bought it last year the sales guy at the “Sig Shop” I bought it from said a 10.5 barrel was fine.

I don’t do mag dumps but I don’t baby it. The only complaint I have is I think it looks stupid. Lol

The mounting system is awesome. No way you could not get it right imo.

I weighed mine. According to my scale it was around 13 ounces without the mount. It was a week or two ago so I don’t remember exactly.

The mount itself is pretty slick too. You mount the base and you can swap the ends between a muzzle break or flash hider. Or you don’t have to run anything on it st all

Sounds great on my 16. Sounds pretty darn good on my 10.5 imo too. I paid $769 I think last year.

Here is a little tid bit:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TMK_TA4zDxs
View Quote
Thanks for the info

I like the mounting system too although kind of a waste for my purpose because its going to live on one rifle

I actually like how it looks. I look at it and see function over form and lots of internal volume
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Love mine, light, quiet, good mount.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the SRD762Ti direct thread.
Love it. Works on .300 mag and below.
Does a great job on my 10.5' 5.56 SBR and my Rem 700 308.
Worth the $450 I was able to get it for. Feel like I stole it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:43:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Happy to report that the sig can is pretty durable and resistant against abuse lol.

took mine out yesterday and it fell on hard dirt, concrete, wood, bounced around in the back of a couple ATVs and my truck all day.

looks new still.

Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:07:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Happy to report that the sig can is pretty durable and resistant against abuse lol.

took mine out yesterday and it fell on hard dirt, concrete, wood, bounced around in the back of a couple ATVs and my truck all day.

looks new still.

https://i.imgur.com/Z4khmCc.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/LR8eUKm.jpg?1
View Quote
Nice. How's it sound?

What length barrel is that?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 4:57:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nice. How's it sound?

What length barrel is that?
View Quote
sounds really good, my other 5.56 cans are still waiting approval so nothing to compare it to yet.

16" barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top