Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2017 5:46:33 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the GA SPR OTB suppressor. I'm considering picking one up as an alternative to the AEM5 that doesn't require the collar. I know that it sits back on the barrel behind the threads but I can't find where it says the maximum barrel thickness you can install the muzzle break on. I'd want to use it on my Larue Stealth barrel.

Plus, would the muzzle break fit on a 16" M4 profile barrel. I'd love to use a reflex style suppressor on my my SPR and my faux M4.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The muzzle device will fit up to .775" barrel diametere
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:00:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I am curious how these stack up to the tried and true OPS/ALLEN offerings for reflex cans.  I never see much about anything else besides this relatively ancient design.

-Mike
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:04:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I too am interested in these suppressors.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:05:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am curious how these stack up to the tried and true OPS/ALLEN offerings for reflex cans.  I never see much about anything else besides this relatively ancient design.

-Mike
View Quote
If you go to Griffins site they have a video comparing the two

One of biggest things is with their can you don't have to have a special profile barrel. Also lighter and better materials
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:02:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ok awesome. That would fit on everything I have. Thanks

Quoted:

-Mike
I haven't found much on it, but from what I have found, it's pretty damn quiet and doesn't add as much length to your rifle as most suppressors. I've always wanted one of the Ops Inc offerings but never wanted to mess with reprofiling barrels and the collars.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been looking at these for a little while too but have yet to find one in stock anywhere.

Kind of figured they passed by without fanfare and weren't being produced anymore.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:21:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I will point out that Spike's offers one piece mounts that work with some of the Ops/AE cans.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I have hand mine for two years now and love it. Just ordered the RASTA for my AR10T
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the RSTA 7.62 on an SR25.  I think the SPR mount is the same as far as specs go. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I will point out that Spike's offers one piece mounts that work with some of the Ops/AE cans.
View Quote
Do you know offhand if their can is backwards compatible with the OPS brake/collar?
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#11]
One thing that you might wanna think about is the GA brakes have to be timed with shims and you will constantly be torquing it so it might tighten or loosen up.  The OPS 2 piece version is only screwing to guide to the collar, so its not torquing the brake, its just pulling it back tightening.  Just some food for thought.  Full disclosure i have the AEM5.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have the RSTA 7.62 on an SR25.  I think the SPR mount is the same as far as specs go. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/65572/IMG_7753-331751.JPG
View Quote
Thanks for this! I was planning on doing a reflexive forum 1 suppressor, but my back up plan was the RSTA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top