Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/19/2017 2:47:31 PM EDT
Geissele just teased that they are making a suppressor. It’s being called “super night owl suppressor” and a picture of it was just posted on Instagram.

Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link.

ETA: OP posted screenshot.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Link.

ETA: OP posted screenshot.
View Quote

Sorry it took a bit, the screen shot was to large to upload so I had to send it to myself in an email to make the file size smaller.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a fat ass can.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#5]
short and fat, looks promising. I cant wait to see what the folks at Geissele can whip up. I just hope I can afford one when/if it ever hits the streets
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if the can will be subject to their 20% off sales during holidays
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder what the $ will be...
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Geissele all the things!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What yall don't know is that Bill took that off the rifle immediately after 1000 super precision rounds.  And it is cool to the touch.
View Quote
That thing would not dare burn Bill! It knows better. But "do not try this at home" will be in the instruction booklet.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What yall don't know is that Bill took that off the rifle immediately after 1000 super precision rounds.  And it is cool to the touch.
View Quote
That, or the can was hotter than hell and Bill doesn't burn because he is a Targaryen.  

I want Super Quiet?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Patiently waits for LaRue vs. Geissele price war.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Such a tease
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is the thing, how much better can they make it?  There are some fantastic cans out there with fantastic mounts that are light, short, and perform.

I’m sure Geissele can produce something similar but at the end of the day I don’t see some big jump in performance in any aspect if the can.

Of course I don’t blame them for trying to get into different markets. Just some initial thoughts.

Judging by the price of their other stuff I don’t expect these to be cheap and that’s the rub. Their other stuff pretty much justifies the price. If their can only competes with other top if the line cans and isn’t a lot better and they charge a fortune I don’t see these flying off the shelves.

Unless they know something we don’t and are looking ahead to the end of federal suppressor regulation.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I want Super Silence.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#16]
I like the proportions. Excited that more manufacturers are exploring short, large diameter cans.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I keep wondering how much of the apparent width is due to perspective of the photo.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Here is the thing, how much better can they make it?  There are some fantastic cans out there with fantastic mounts that are light, short, and perform.

I’m sure Geissele can produce something similar but at the end of the day I don’t see some big jump in performance in any aspect if the can.

Of course I don’t blame them for trying to get into different markets. Just some initial thoughts.

Judging by the price of their other stuff I don’t expect these to be cheap and that’s the rub. Their other stuff pretty much justifies the price. If their can only competes with other top if the line cans and isn’t a lot better and they charge a fortune I don’t see these flying off the shelves.

Unless they know something we don’t and are looking ahead to the end of federal suppressor regulation.
View Quote
I've never known of Geissele to put out a product that is able to compete with other manufacturers. Because they destroy 99% of them. Rails? Nobody comes close. Triggers? Nobody comes close. Mounts? Nobody comes close. Sure, there are companies that make good quality options in all of these categories, but, given the choice between Geissele and anyone else, nearly anybody that's held or owned Geissele parts, will choose Geissele.

My hopes are this suppressor is no different. I imagine it will be 1) Stupid strong. 2) Insanely reliable. 3) Moderately expensive. 4) Innovating in design and engineering.

I don't know if they'll be setting an DB records for quietest can ever at the shooters ear and muzzle, but I have faith they started this product with a very real end user in mind, and then over-engineered the crap out of it to beat their goals.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I've never known of Geissele to put out a product that is able to compete with other manufacturers. Because they destroy 99% of them. Rails? Nobody comes close. Triggers? Nobody comes close. Mounts? Nobody comes close. Sure, there are companies that make good quality options in all of these categories, but, given the choice between Geissele and anyone else, nearly anybody that's held or owned Geissele parts, will choose Geissele.

My hopes are this suppressor is no different. I imagine it will be 1) Stupid strong. 2) Insanely reliable. 3) Moderately expensive. 4) Innovating in design and engineering.

I don't know if they'll be setting an DB records for quietest can ever at the shooters ear and muzzle, but I have faith they started this product with a very real end user in mind, and then over-engineered the crap out of it to beat their goals.
View Quote
Your obviously a fanboy.  Great products for sure, but there are many good competitors for all those(definitely no company that offers similar quality in all three of those categories though). 

More importantly, I think suppressors are a tougher nut to crack than rails/triggers/optic mounts.  I agree with fullautohound that it will be a tough row to hoe.  They will get a lot of sales right off the bat though. Plenty of fans who will pick them just because it's competitive and says G on the side.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it meters and how much it weighs.  More competition is better for us consumers.  It provides a better cheaper product, whether from G or a competitor that is forced to lower prices.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Your obviously a fanboy.  Great products for sure, but there are many good competitors for all those(definitely no company that offers similar quality in all three of those categories though). 

More importantly, I think suppressors are a tougher nut to crack than rails/triggers/optic mounts.  I agree with fullautohound that it will be a tough row to hoe.  They will get a lot of sales right off the bat though. Plenty of fans who will pick them just because it's competitive and says G on the side.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it meters and how much it weighs.  More competition is better for us consumers.  It provides a better cheaper product, whether from G or a competitor that is forced to lower prices.
View Quote
I was not a fanboy until I bought my first Geissele trigger. I can not think of any other company that has NEVER let me down with their products. And the owner is a genuinely kind and compassionate person that is always giving back to the firearms community. If those two things don't make you a fanboy, than I don't know what will.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I like the way you think!

Quoted:

Is a $325 15" tan rail much better than a $200 Midwest industries?
They have a cult following created by industry support such as cola warrior and make high quality shit. They'll sell like crazy!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was not a fanboy until I bought my first Geissele trigger. I can not think of any other company that has NEVER let me down with their products. And the owner is a genuinely kind and compassionate person that is always giving back to the firearms community. If those two things don't make you a fanboy, than I don't know what will.
View Quote
At least you admit it!    They do have some great triggers.  I really like my High Speed Match triggers.  I think I've got six of their triggers, two of their mounts and 0 rails so far.  Their charging handle is growing on me.  I like the AXTS looks better, but I'm finding the super charging handle isn't as ugly as I first thought it was.  In the past I thought their rails were kinda heavy for the price, but IIRC they've lowered the weight on some of the newer models.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Uhhhh.....um,  hmmmmm.

You’re delusional if you think they “destroy” everyone else.  And all of their other price points suggest these will be priced like OSS suppressors.

Triggers: plenty of great triggers that feel great. Ever hear of subjectivity?  And the Larue if fucking awesome and can be had at $99 on sale.

Mounts,  closer but LaRue and a couple others are damn good. Geissele doesn’t destroy them.

Rails?  Again let me bring up subjectivity. I just sold my mk4 mlok in favors of an Aero Quantom which I like way better.

Charging handle?  I gave one. It’s great. Guess what?  So is my Raptor. The Geissele doesn’t destroy it. In fact I like the way the Raptor looks better.

And the point you completely missed in my post was the science and physics behind suppressors. Geissele isn’t going to be able to break the laws of physics and put out a suppressor that destroys the other top suppressors.

If Geissele charges what I think they will charge for them the fanboys will buy them and everyone else will make a factual decision which includes how much it costs.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They have a cult following created by industry support such as cola warrior and make high quality shit. They'll sell like crazy!
View Quote
I haven’t taken my shit to war but I’m not easy on it. At all.

My Guntec rail has held up just as well as my Geissele, Aero, and MI.

Again I know they make good shit. But you can get comparable stuff for a lot less. Hey, if I won the lotto than sure, all things Geissele.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Uhhhh.....um,  hmmmmm.

You’re delusional if you think they “destroy” everyone else.  And all of their other price points suggest these will be priced like OSS suppressors.

Triggers: plenty of great triggers that feel great. Ever hear of subjectivity?  And the Larue if fucking awesome and can be had at $99 on sale.

Mounts,  closer but LaRue and a couple others are damn good. Geissele doesn’t destroy them.

Rails?  Again let me bring up subjectivity. I just sold my mk4 mlok in favors of an Aero Quantom which I like way better.

Charging handle?  I gave one. It’s great. Guess what?  So is my Raptor. The Geissele doesn’t destroy it. In fact I like the way the Raptor looks better.

And the point you completely missed in my post was the science and physics behind suppressors. Geissele isn’t going to be able to break the laws of physics and put out a suppressor that destroys the other top suppressors.

If Geissele charges what I think they will charge for them the fanboys will buy them and everyone else will make a factual decision which includes how much it costs.
View Quote
They sold 350 SSA-E in like 12 seconds last week for Harvey support. People underestimate the cult of "Geissele all the things"
Sure, stamps will deter plenty of buyers but instant F3s and 6m F4s make it a lot easier pill to swallow.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm sure it won't be long!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm sure it won't be long!
View Quote
$399 non-bundled-price tranquillo would get some attention.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

$399 non-bundled-price tranquillo would get some attention.
View Quote
Yes it would but I'm still going to pick up a 260 upper with a $299 lower and $399 tranquilo. All that together is close to half what they sell the complete 308 and 260 rifles for. I just wish they would make an all titanium can, they would be on to something coupled with the low backpressure design of the tranquilo.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes it would but I'm still going to pick up a 260 upper with a $299 lower and $399 tranquilo. All that together is close to half what they sell the complete 308 and 260 rifles for. I just wish they would make an all titanium can, they would be on to something coupled with the low backpressure design of the tranquilo.
View Quote
Ya, specs shows they're heavy as crap, like two generations behind the weight curve
Plus whatever those big mounts weigh.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Uhhhh.....um,  hmmmmm.
View Quote
Nope, to me, they destroy all the examples you mention, consistently. And anyone who has been in a position to see that, usually buys the Kool-Aid in bulk and drinks it often. Others don't care or appreciate the brute-strength that is designed into Geissele parts. All of that comes at a premium for sure, and lots of folks cant stomach it, and there is nothing wrong with that. When you buy Geissele, you are buying a lot more than just a part. You are buying into a brand that stands behind their products reliably and consistently and takes damn good care of their customers, to me, that's worth the premium. To others, it isn't. I don't want you all lining up for a G suppressor, because that would add the wait i'd have to deal with.

OSS has a great design that, in implementation, sucks. Maybe Geissele finds a way to improve on that concept.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Nope, to me, they destroy all the examples you mention, consistently. And anyone who has been in a position to see that, usually buys the Kool-Aid in bulk and drinks it often. Others don't care or appreciate the brute-strength that is designed into Geissele parts. All of that comes at a premium for sure, and lots of folks cant stomach it, and there is nothing wrong with that. When you buy Geissele, you are buying a lot more than just a part. You are buying into a brand that stands behind their products reliably and consistently and takes damn good care of their customers, to me, that's worth the premium. To others, it isn't. I don't want you all lining up for a G suppressor, because that would add the wait i'd have to deal with.

OSS has a great design that, in implementation, sucks. Maybe Geissele finds a way to improve on that concept.
View Quote
Customer service is a huge foundational pillar
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geissele customer service is a very large portion of the reason I buy their stuff.

I bought a MK4 after Bill posted a video of himself destroying one because a member said his kept coming loose.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#34]
I can sense a pissing match coming on.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Geissele customer service is a very large portion of the reason I buy their stuff.

I bought a MK4 after Bill posted a video of himself destroying one because a member said his kept coming loose.
View Quote
I have no personal experience with Geissele's customer service, however their treatment of MPX guys that put some of his triggers in their guns after his "And even if there was a problem Geissele's golden warranty is always there to help you out." comment was less than a golden when they had to pay for rebuild kits.

Aside from that, I've had good experience with their products and admire the amount of money that he donates to worthy and needy causes.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
You heard it here first folks. Suppressor technology has maxed out, no point in designing and testing any new and innovative designs. Might as well pack it in and call it a day...

Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have no personal experience with Geissele's customer service, however their treatment of MPX guys that put some of his triggers in their guns after his "And even if there was a problem Geissele's golden warranty is always there to help you out." comment was less than a golden when they had to pay for rebuild kits.

Aside from that, I've had good experience with their products and admire the amount of money that he donates to worthy and needy causes.
View Quote
I forgot about the mpx deal, Mark Larue said if their trigger breaks in the mpx it will be replaced free of charge. I haven't heard of a Larue trigger breaking in one breaking yet. I own both Larue and Geissele triggers and rails, but only Larue scope mounts. I would of bought a Geissele mount when Primary Arms was blowing them out of it wasn't for that big ol 1/2" nut hanging off the side.

I don't see how you have a "super golden warranty" and then not honor it because it was on a mediocre 9mm platform. That says something in my eyes, what happens if you have a baffle strike with their can on a Larue rifle?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Soooo....When are you gonna come to Texas & ColaWarrior???
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Soooo....When are you gonna come to Texas & ColaWarrior???
View Quote

After I remodel a kitchen?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I like the proportions. Excited that more manufacturers are exploring short, large diameter cans.
View Quote
Me too. I want my next centerfire silencer to be as short as possible while still having relatively decent sound reduction. Very interested in this.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

After I remodel a kitchen?
View Quote
...i suppose West next year in Nevada would be closer and cheaper
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:18:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I can sense a pissing match coming on.
View Quote
Lol a small one is already here but the big one your referring to is going to be amazing to watch and require a bunch of

Should be some amazing price deals though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

...i suppose West next year in Nevada would be closer and cheaper
View Quote
I'm a pretty bad shot and after three kids my party skillz are lacking as well
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:19:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Back to talking about the suppressor, it almost looks like the end cap is removable, or that it is somewhat of a similar internal design to OSS (mentioned in the GD thread).
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm a pretty bad shot and after three kids my party skillz are lacking as well
View Quote
I understand....so how about that Geissele beer can
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#47]
He had to put his ear pro on backwards. It must be really loud.

Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:16:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He had to put his ear pro on backwards. It must be really loud.

View Quote
No that is their new Super Ear Protection, also in the early testing stage.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:28:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What ever happened with that little dust up?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:44:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You heard it here first folks. Suppressor technology has maxed out, no point in designing and testing any new and innovative designs. Might as well pack it in and call it a day...

View Quote
Hey, maybe you’ll be the guy who breaks the laws of that physics!  That should make you a billionaire!

Oh wait, even better, maybe you can make a suppressor that follows the bullet down range and whispers “shhhhhh” next to it to mitigate the sonic boom!  

Ohhhhhh, Geissele made a shorter, fatter can!  That’s never been done before. Oh wait......

Removable end caps!!!! Oh wait........

It’s a fucking round tube with some baffles in it. How much more do you think can be done with that?

An entirely different device might be drastically better but that sure as shit looked like a regular can in his hand to me. Some of you guys need to join us back in reality.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top