Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2017 12:25:40 AM EDT
I have been watching the post 41f thread it all the ones posted so far are individuals and no trusts.  Are they not processing trusts right now or just no one has posted a trust yet?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:41:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems like a couple here and there have gone through but for the most part it’s wait city, population: you trust guys.

#form 4 individual master race
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]
My post 41f Omega was check cashed 08/01/16 on a new trust and I got the stamp about a month ago, but it for the most part it seems like nothing but crickets chirping for trusts. I had high hopes my march trust submission would not take a year like the Omega but now I'm not so sure.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I recall reading somewhere (I believe it was here on Arfcom) that in addition to the normal process, trusts are also reviewed by some sort of team which adds to the wait time.

I'll also say that post 41F approvals are all over the map as far as submitted dates so who knows when you'll get approved. Gotta love that government efficiency.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Granted this is for a Form 4 Individual, but it still shows the inconsistencies currently going on:

Two Form 4 individual

Osprey micro

Submitted 01/27/2017
Approved 9/1/2017
Stamp Arrived 9/8/2017
picked up the micro the next day

Hybrid

submitted 10/17/2016
approved 8/02/17
stamp arrived 9/12/17
picked up the hybrid the following friday

edited: suppressor update
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I'm starting to worry that using the single shot trusts for my recent silencer shop purchases is going to add a couple of months to my wait.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah I'm starting to worry that using the single shot trusts for my recent silencer shop purchases is going to add a couple of months to my wait.
View Quote
I am hoping that if they see the trust from either guntrustlaywers.com or SS they will give the ok without a full review.  My trust is from GTL. What really worries me though us that I haven't seen any post 41f trusts returned yet (per tracking threads).
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]
There have been a handful on the tracking threads here as well as nfatracker.com. CA has received some up to 8/23 going off the approval time frame page on their site. I'm thinking soon we will see trusts start speeding up, I'm hopeful they are getting a system together to get trusts verified and then on to examiners.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Wonder if trusts were validated as throughly pre-41f as they are being checked now.  It would suck if a trust that was used pre-41f and approved with NFA items on it was rejected post-41f by the ATF trust validation team.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:04:24 AM EDT
[#9]
So should I not do the single shot trust route?

Should I go individual?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:04:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wonder if trusts were validated as throughly pre-41f as they are being checked now.  It would suck if a trust that was used pre-41f and approved with NFA items on it was rejected or marked unusable post-41f by the ATF trust validation team.
View Quote
No they weren't. That's why they were popular. No photos, fingerprints, you get to add and remove trustees and share NFA goodies with them without a bunch of hassle. Now, everyone on the trust has to be checked out, so they have to read through it all, make sure "responsible persons" matches what you have on your Form 1/4 and then make sure its a legitimate trust.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No they weren't. That's why they were popular. No photos, fingerprints, you get to add and remove trustees and share NFA goodies with them without a bunch of hassle. Now, everyone on the trust has to be checked out, so they have to read through it all, make sure "responsible persons" matches what you have on your Form 1/4 and then make sure its a legitimate trust.
View Quote
Ouch, yeah I could see this new trust processing taking considerably longer especially given the many variations and wording of NFA trusts.  Looks like once a specific trust was approved anything else applied for using that trust could be processed quicker after inital validation but that makes sense and isn't the way it works.  So curently every trust goes through this new process even if you have 5 submissions at the same time using the same trust each copy is validated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top