Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2017 8:13:01 PM EDT
Anybody have any hands on experience with the Sandman K?  I can't seem to find any reviews anywhere.  I am looking to buy one but don't want to until I can hear it being shot.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one sitting here and plan on taking it out the weekend. I have a mount of a 7.5" 5.56 SBR so that will be loud with any suppressor. I'll temporarily throw a mount on something more normal as well, just have to figure out what
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one sitting here and plan on taking it out the weekend. I have a mount of a 7.5" 5.56 SBR so that will be loud
View Quote
If you don't mind, could you post back here with some results?  If I bought it, it would go on a 10.5 and 16 5.56, and possibly a 10.5 300 BLK.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#3]
From what i understand, and from what I know about cans/design, this can was designed for the 'working man', ie cops, mil etc.  

It was made to make a rifle hearing safe and to not make a sbr much longer.  It was not, repeat not, made to make a weapon 'quiet'.

I have a Sandman S and have considered picking one up to supplement it on my duty rifle.

If I was to buy just one suppressor, I would not buy one of these.  Get an S or L.  

If I already had an S or L (or both) go for it.  The same mount takes all three.  

Personally, I hope the come out with an L that can dissasemble and become a K.  

I at least hope that is in planning.  
That would offer the most bang for the buck.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#4]
To the ear, it was about as loud as my surefire socom 7.62 on my 10.5" AR.

I have one on order! It's a Neat can.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
From what i understand, and from what I know about cans/design, this can was designed for the 'working man', ie cops, mil etc.  

It was made to make a rifle hearing safe and to not make a sbr much longer.  It was not, repeat not, made to make a weapon 'quiet'.
View Quote
I don't think even DA claims it's hearing safe. In an interview I saw they say it's about 150db at the muzzle on a 16" AR but only 140 at the ear (I'd like to see verification of that). But with any shorter a barrel they say it will be well over 140 even at the ear. It's definitely more about the size than suppression. Would still be highly preferable to nothing on a HD gun.

I'd really like to see some first hand reviews and testing as well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I shot mine today but only have a mount installed on a 7.5" 5.56 host. I plan to put one on my HK53 also and a short blackout. It did a great job reducing the volume and removed the concussive blast.

https://youtu.be/HyQ88HF4NsY
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I am looking at both the Saker-K and Sandman-K for my SBR as well, but was told by a trusted source to wait another week or so for the release of a sub $500 5.56 can from a major player.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am looking at both the Saker-K and Sandman-K for my SBR as well, but was told by a trusted source to wait another week or so for the release of a sub $500 5.56 can from a major player.
View Quote
This sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:41:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Personally, I hope the come out with an L that can dissasemble and become a K.  

I at least hope that is in planning.  
That would offer the most bang for the buck.
View Quote
I plied Todd about a "Sandman M" almost ~1.5 yrs ago.  The problem is that such an offering would compete directly with their existing line, so no joy.  I'd buy the 1st one if they did, though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:07:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wait what?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 6:54:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Was able to shoot my Sandman-K at an event that my SOT also was at. Impressions are that it adds minimal bulk to the gun, and takes enough of the edge off of shooting that I'm happy. No formal DB measurements, and didn't shoot without earpro, etc. My decision to purchase it was reaffirmed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:46:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I am intrigued.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:58:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

OP, if you want a short silencer, either the Saker K or the Sandman K will fill the role nicely.  pick the mount you like best.  Or, like one of my clients, buy both!
View Quote
Now I gotta wait..
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I think I am going to get one and one of these to put it on. Seems like it should be a good combo.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dang it!  I thought I was set on a SpecWar K or M4SD-k if I can't find the SpecWar...now I gotsta wait to find out what this is?!

Rugged maybe???
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine is going on the below build.  I think it will be perfect for it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I am wondering how it sounds compared to the S.  I bought a K already, just don't know if I want another K or a S.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top