Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2017 10:05:13 PM EDT
I have used SilencerShop to buy two suppressors using a LGS kiosk.  Isn't there a way to buy from a dealer other than SilencerShop and use the kiosk for the forms and info?  If so, what is the process? I was thinking about purchasing one from DSG Arms.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have used SilencerShop to buy two suppressors using a LGS kiosk.  Isn't there a way to buy from a dealer other than SilencerShop and use the kiosk for the forms and info?  If so, what is the process? I was thinking about purchasing one from DSG Arms.
View Quote

Only if the receiving dealer is a Powered By Dealer.
He receives the silencer from DSG and uses the SS Sales Manager to add it to his inventory. He can then assign that serial# to you.
After he's done that the process is the same.

Understand that SS will charge the PB dealer for processing that Form 4.

If the dealer isn't a Powered By dealer then no.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:16:04 AM EDT
[#2]
It is worth adding that if you want it processed by a non silencershop powered dealer you can call silencershop and buy a set of printed fingerprint cards which they will mail to you.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:45:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a suppressor for the first time post-41F last week. I bought from DSG and used an in-state Silencershop Kiosk, which I've never used up til now. It was super easy, I was done inside ten minutes. Next time they'll already have my photo and fingerprints so it'll go even faster. In retrospect I feel silly for having waited for so long, it was actually easier than using my trust.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just bought a suppressor for the first time post-41F last week. I bought from DSG and used an in-state Silencershop Kiosk, which I've never used up til now. It was super easy, I was done inside ten minutes. Next time they'll already have my photo and fingerprints so it'll go even faster. In retrospect I feel silly for having waited for so long, it was actually easier than using my trust.
View Quote
I sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought my silencer from Quiet Riot Firearms.  They shipped it to my LGS.  I used the SilencerShop kiosk there to do the paperwork.

I had the fingerprint cards and form 4 already (ordered from ATF in advance), but the LGS charges less if you use the kiosk, so I used the kiosk.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:40:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I sent you an IM.
View Quote
Replied

To anyone putting off suppressors post-41F like I was, don't, that kiosk makes it stupid easy. I'm already planning a few more suppressors now and some Form 1's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top