Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2017 8:15:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Try some cci quiet.

You'll be amazed at how loud your firing pin is.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Now you have NFAids, you will need more suppressors, then SBR to host them, then ......
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]
My best, honest advice, as someone who has BTDT, is to go all-in and buy a machine gun now.

Silencers and SBRs are the shit, but MGs keep getting more expensive.

Buy an MG. Suppress everything. SBRs and suppressors = peanut butter and jelly.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:31:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My best, honest advice, as someone who has BTDT, is to go all-in and buy a machine gun now.

View Quote
I'll second this. I just took possession of my M11/9 about a month ago and I wish I had bought one years ago.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:04:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:37:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
My problem with guying a MG is I like to shoot all my guns. I would be afraid of reducing the value and the cost of feeding it would add up fast.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My problem with guying a MG is I like to shoot all my guns. I would be afraid of reducing the value and the cost of feeding it would add up fast.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Value doesn't bother me. If I pay x amount for something, I do it because it's worth it to me - regardless of what it would be worth to someone else later on. Besides, shooting it won't reduce the value of something unless it was either NIB or it explodes.

Suppressed 9mm machine gun fire is so nice. Obviously expensive as hell, but I recommend to anyone who decides to dip their feet into the NFA pool to go ahead and jump into the deep end before they potentially get priced out of the market entirely.

When I bought my first silencer, Macs were about $3k. Now they're $7k. Silencers still cost the same amount and keep getting better.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I picked up my new can saturday from my dealer, a Griffin Alpha.  Now mind you it is way overkill for a 22lr, but hey i bought this can to use on most everything i own, so bear with me.

Anyways, i figured id try a couple rounds of cci quiet out of my 22/45 ruger, with the can, off the backporch into a bank.  Jesus it was less than a pellet gun.  So i grabbed some cci sub sonic and tried that.  Cycled the gun, and makes as much noise as somone slapping a pillow

Yeah, i sound amazed, but its not my first shots with a can, but it is outside of a range setting, and knowing this now, no critter is safe from me now
View Quote
The Alpha has become my favorite can. 
Cannot wait to build my 300 Norma and put it on there. 
Havent tried 22 with it, I have a dedicated rimfire can. 
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:05:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Can't wait to try it on my 5.45 ar, and my m38 swede Mauser.  Yes, a stock mil m38 swede Mauser

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111395/20170912_170131-305825.jpg
View Quote
Nice...

i run my alpha on two precision rifles and an SBR. 
What's nice about the Alpha is, it's so light weight I don't get any POI shift between can on and can off. 
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Now you have NFAids, you will need more suppressors, then SBR to host them, then ......
View Quote
This guy could not be more right.

Started with a .22lr can back in May 2016.

Now I have 2 Form 1's and a Form 4's in jail ...
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Be ready to spend almost as much money on mounts as the can itself.

I've got a Recce 7 and have $500 in extra mounts alone.  

The Alpha was not in stock or I would have gotten it instead.  Now I want a dedicated rimfire can after shooting a couple rounds through my Recce 7 just to see how quiet it was.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The Alpha was not in stock or I would have gotten it instead.  Now I want a dedicated rimfire can after shooting a couple rounds through my Recce 7 just to see how quiet it was.
View Quote
Shoulda bought more cans!
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least two more I agree.  But no regrets as my Recce 7 is great and works on 5 different guns.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
My next NFA item was a MAC 11/9 with its suppressor some months later.
 Yummy!
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I did read my thread  It don't cycle though
View Quote
Yeah, the cci quiet doesn't cycle anything I have either. Also, I have trouble taking down squirrels with it. It's weaker than most cheap pellet guns. I've found some other subs that are a little higher velocity, super quiet and the extra punch makes all the difference.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So true. I bought my second suppressor the day I brought my first one home. Now I'm running the numbers and wait times game. I want to sbr my ar, but want all needed accessories for my hybrid when it can be picked up.  NFA is addictive. I'm already planning on a couple form 1s and a couple more suppressors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top