Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2017 6:41:36 PM EDT
What do you suggest for a 45acp suppressor?
It will be going on a ar15 in 45acp.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm happy with my osprey but if you want to run on an ar I like the modularity of the hybrid. Issue with 45 cans is I don't know many that will tuck under a rail
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Tirant
Obsidian
Ghost
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 6:46:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For a .45 PCC, look at the SilencerCo Omega 45k. 
View Quote
Ding ding ding.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#5]
The obsidian sounds great on a 45 AR. I had mine in a CMMG Guard this weekend, both short and long configuration of the suppressor are very quiet
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Be sure to ask the right question.  Which one is easier to clean and requires the least maintenance.  

I have a Gemtech GM-45.  If I don't clean it every 50 rounds, I won't be able to get it apart.  Even still, I lube with silicone grease, use silicon DOT5 in the baffles, and copper anti-sieze on the threads.  I pop loose the shell while it is still hot at the range.  Even at 50 rounds, if I let it get cold, it is not coming apart.  

Clean up is fairly fast with MPRO-7.  

I have an LID for the pistol and an empty cap for the AR15.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Griffin's revolution.45 is worth checking out. It's modular and user serviceable. I've had one in jail now for about 10 months so I can't speak to how it sounds but I like it so far lol

ETA it's OD is like 1.37 inches or something so it'll fit under most rails.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Obsidian or Ghost.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#9]
My Hybrid sounds great on these PCC:  Scorpion Evo 9mm SBR;  Kriss Vector SBR in 9mm and 45 ACP.

My Osprey 45 sounds great on these as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For a .45 PCC, look at the SilencerCo Omega 45k. 
View Quote
Not mounted on an AR but I am very happy with my Omega 45.

BTW - I also use it on several 9mm pistols - very quite.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Be sure to ask the right question.  Which one is easier to clean and requires the least maintenance.  

I have a Gemtech GM-45.  If I don't clean it every 50 rounds, I won't be able to get it apart.  Even still, I lube with silicone grease, use silicon DOT5 in the baffles, and copper anti-sieze on the threads.  I pop loose the shell while it is still hot at the range.  Even at 50 rounds, if I let it get cold, it is not coming apart.  

View Quote
This is why I'm not doing modular suppressors anymore.  Have a rugged obsidian and it's amazing.  I deal with all of what you explained though.  Forget to put it in K configuration when it's still hot and get home and try to do it...not a chance.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is why I'm not doing modular suppressors anymore.  Have a rugged obsidian and it's amazing.  I deal with all of what you explained though.  Forget to put it in K configuration when it's still hot and get home and try to do it...not a chance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of pistol cals are designed to be user serviceable, meaning they are essentially modular, minus the extra length of tube + baffles.  The "dip" method is the only way to thoroughly clean a can, but it damages aluminum.  So, unless you can find an all stainless pistol can, you'll never be able to put it through a thorough cleaning cycle like that.  Serviceability just makes is possible to get at & remove heavy deposition build up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:26:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Rugged Obsidian.  I run it in the K configuration via a three lug mount on my 9mm AR, and in the full configuration on my 1911.  Sounds great and cleans up easily in an ultrasonic cleaner.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone try a GRIFFIN ARMAMENT RESISTANCE 45
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I have an Evo 45 on my usp 45 and love it.  specially wet.  That being said, I still havent shot my octane 45
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Tirant M
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:07:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Obsidian.
I use it on my 1911 and it's nice. I like the ability to take it apart also. Although I don't own an omega I do like them a lot. But the only thing is on a pistol it's just kinda awkward to me. But on a pcc it's perfect!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top