Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2017 9:10:22 AM EDT
I hope this information will be of some benefit to the suppressor community. I will be updating this periodically as I get a chance to test new loads in various host.

If anyone wants a spreadsheet of this info just PM me for it.

Enjoy.

This weekend I finally was able to run a wide selection of 22LR ammo across my chrono. I have been wanting to do this for a while and see what type of velocities I was really getting out of the little Smith.

What I discovered was very interesting.

I have always assumed that the higher the velocity the more noise would be produced. And that is not the case. I have no proof of this other than my ears but what it appears to me is that some 22LR ammo is using a lower grade of powder and or priming compound and causes it to be louder. What I think is happening is the lower grade powder is getting a second chance to combust in the suppressor causing more of a pop than the cleaner burning powders. The Remington Thunderbolt, Golden Bullet, Blazer and Federal Auto Match (to a lesser extent) was the most noticeable for being louder compared to the other HV ammo. What surprised me was how well the Mini Mags, Winchester Western and the Federal American Eagle offerings sounded to be HV ammo. Now dont get me wrong anything that was loaded to be Subsonic sounded great, way better than the rounds previously listed. I just thought that was interesting. Im sure someone can explain it better than what I have. I hope to try this same test and see what type of data we get with a 10/22. I will like to also hand pick the best preforming loads and shoot them thru the M&P22c using my Mask and see if we get a difference in velocity by using a different suppressor. My guess is no, but worth testing.

It was also pretty impressive how low the Spread and Standard Deviation was on the CCI Standard Velocity vrs the Federal Match ammo. I assumed that the match ammo would have smoked all the others in that aspect.  

Chronograph was set up 10 feet from muzzle. BB gun was used to set up the chronograph and test the function. EDIT: my elevation is around 750

And yes I know the High Velocity ammo I am referring to is not going HV or Super sonic. I am calling it that because the box advertises it as such and in the 4" barrel its not achieving it which is great for suppressed shooting. Not all of the ammo shot is shown in the pic.

Updated Calibers 9-13-17

The Winchester Varmint LF 26Gr is smoking out of the little compact. Its the first 22Lr ammo I have seen go super sonic out of a 3.5" Barrel.

I think the Peters 22 is the exact same loading as the thunderbolt. Just a different box. It Chronos about the same. Its old ammo that I have had for 15+ years.

Update: 9-18-17

Sorry for the formate change. Doing this post via IPhone.
If you want a spreadsheet of the info just Pm me.

Beretta 21A and Mask combo.

Noticed some blow back to the face with some of these loads that I did not notice with the M&P22C. Both of the American Eagle loadings, Auto match and Mini Mags had some blow back. The Viper was by far the worst. I think this is to be expected from this design of firearm. The CCI SV and Aguila Subsonic and M22 was stupid quiet. Seamed quieter than the M&P22c with the same loadings. The Aguila Subsonic would tend to jam if firing 1 handed. With a good firm 2 hand grip it ran 100%.

Attachment Attached File

9-22-17 Update:

Finally got all of the random loads I ordered from Academy Sports in. These were the funnest to chrono because all but 1 was Subsonic (factory rating). Their were a few surprises in this bunch. The Aguila Standard Velocity sounded really good for the money. The CCI Suppressor 22LR SKU#957 surprised me in that it seamed slightly louder than other subsonic loads. Could have just been me. The CCI quiet-22 SKU#960 did not cycle but was super quiet. The 2 that really shinned to me was the CCI SUB-Sonic 22LR HP SKU#56 and the Winchester Subsonic 42MAX. They both seamed to hit really hard, cycled the action with authority and was very quiet. The FIOCCHI ammo looked to be well made but the packaging was terrible. The Bullets were loaded in the little trays upside down. They both shot fine, the Standard Velocity sounded great. The HV load was louder but nothing crazy, still back yard quiet. Birds were chirping during this chrono secession, I never bothered them.  

9-25-17 Update:
Rifle data finally.
This took a while. I didn't realize how long it would take chronograph this many loads thru 2 rifles. I haven't had a real chance to look thru the data. But I did look at the CCI Standard Vel in both the 10/22 and CZ452. Looks like you will get about 20FPS more out of the bolt guns. A few things I did notice while shooting is that 1100-1105 is the super sonic barrier for my elevation for today. I know the barometric pressure will cause this to fluctuate some just not sure how much. Something else I noticed is the Winchester Varmint LF (28grs) sounded really good to be HV out of the CZ. I guess the smaller mass bullet creates a small sonic crack. I know that is the case with me 17HMR which sounds great suppressed. I also noticed that CCI just makes relay nice bullets. All of their HP projectiles were very uniform and the Hollow Points were all symmetrical. The Winchester Subsonic 42MAX has a wicked huge HP not sure if it would expand more violently then the federal or CCI offerings.  Also CCI and Federal just know how to package 22 ammo. Some of the others not so much.  

Also I ran out of the Quiet-22 Segmented HP rounds. So the 4 shot avg is kinda skewed when compared to the others.

10/22TD has the 16.4" barrel SKU#11141

CZ452 Scout has a 16" barrel the SKU#02050 (discontinued)

Not sure when I will update this again. I have kinda ran out of stuff to chrono unless I barrow a different gun or find some more loadings to test. I may test the subsonic HP loads in the Beretta 21A. Other than I am done.

Can PM me for spread sheets.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:20:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing this. I have the same host/can setup, so this thread is very relevant to my interests.

I'm surprised CCI Mini-mag is slower than the Fed AE copper-plated. I may have to re-look my stash of CCI. I've always assumed it would be faster than the standard AE bulk-pak.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I am planning on going to the local Adamey sports and buying all of the 50RD boxes of various loads that I dont have and testing them as well.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if the amount of powder has an effect.  I say that because I have noticed a difference in sound with some of my subsonic 9mm handloads that I run suppressed.  Those with Power Pistol have significantly more powder than those with Titegroup, and the Power Pistol loads are louder and have more recoil.  I've also experienced this with unsppressed .223 loads running RL7 and H335.  There's maybe 20% less powder in the RL7 loads and they are quieter.  Less recoil too.

Oh, and your chrono numbers seem to show why I have a love affair with CCI Standard Velocity.  I've noticed reliable ignition, consistent report, and excellent accuracy with CCI SV in all of my guns.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh, and your chrono numbers seem to show why I have a love affair with CCI Standard Velocity.  I've noticed reliable ignition, consistent report, and excellent accuracy with CCI SV in all of my guns.
View Quote
This.  It's really the tits.

Also, for dispatching pests quietly, I have found that the copper-colored CCI Quiet *segmented* rounds are much more effective than the lead-colored CCI Quiet-22s.  They fracture into 3 equal parts on impact, and are very devastating.

Great data, OP.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#5]
This thread reaffirms most of my .22lr beliefs.  No Remington ammo is allowed in any of my firearms. CCI standard velocity is amazing for the price, and Aguila is an even better deal for a little less accuracy. Fed auto match is okay for pistol work.  I need to find a copper washed accurate .22 that doesn't leave lead deposits like the others above for suppressed shooting.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I need to find a copper washed accurate .22 that doesn't leave lead deposits like the others above for suppressed shooting.
View Quote
Has anyone done some quasi-scientific testing of this?  My 22 cans seem to get filthy no matter what kind of ammo I shoot, lead or copper-washed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Very good info. I find the results of the auto match very interesting. It has the listed lowest speed out of all my bulk box ammo but it was really the fastest on your tests.

Selecting bulk box 22 is like choosing the best of the worst. It seems like the options when shooting it suppressed are horrible powder residue or horrible lead residue. I've learned to live with it as long as it functions. Cleaning will be a pain either way. Shooting suppressed really changes ammo characteristics.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#8]
From the limited testing I have done and to my ear the best cheap bulk packaged ammo to me is the AE22 or Winchester Western. They are both Plated bullets so theoretically less leading. They are both HP so if you wanted to hunt with them you could. That is assuming the bullets open up at 1000-1020 FPS (A test for another day). And they both sounded reasonably good, being HV bulk ammo shot thru a pistol. I would give the Winchester Western a slight lead on the sound signature. The AE22 has the potential for being more accurate. And checking the price the AE22 can be bought for around 5.2 cents per round which is slightly cheaper than the Winchester Western. The Winchester Western can be bought for 5.5 cents per round at Academy Sports. I think they are the only ones carrying this particular load. Looking on Winchesters website I see no mention of this load other than the  222 brand (22LR222HP) which looks to be loaded the same.

I will say this anything that Remington produces rimfire wise is 100% garbage. I have 2,000 rds of the Thunder bolt I will have to get rid of. I am not shooting any more thru my suppressors. Blow back to the face was also terrible. Felt like I was getting sand blasted.

Update: just put 20rds of alternating Winchester Western and Federal AE22 down range and you can not tell a different at all. It sounds as tho the Winchester may hit a little harder but that could be incosecies in my wet dirt berm. Also located the SKU # for the Winchester. Its 22LR525HPW.

Attachment Attached File

The projectiles look the same. I wonder if Federal is making the ammo for Winchester.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Update in OP.

New loadings added.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Beretta 21A update 9-18-17 in OP
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#11]
M&P22c + Spectre II

CCI Quiet-22, Agulia Standard vel, CCI Sub-Sonic HP, Winchester Subsonic 42Max, CCI Suppressor, Fiocchi Standard vel & HV and Federal

INFO DUMP

BUMP......
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Great thread.  Please keep researching.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for doing this! Very helpful for my G17 .22/Advantage Arms Conversion with a Dead Air Mask.

Awesome. Needs sticky.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Has anyone done some quasi-scientific testing of this?  My 22 cans seem to get filthy no matter what kind of ammo I shoot, lead or copper-washed.
View Quote
This would be good to know, as (maybe obviouslyEnter your zip code here) the lead bullet .22 rounds build up residue faster on the feedramp of my .22 G17 and lead to malfs faster than copper .22

Just wondering how the .22 copper bullets are for barrel longevity. I burn through so much .22...I'd rather use copper .22 for the slower lead buildup on the feed ramp to mitgate feeding issues over a long shooting session. 
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This would be good to know, as (maybe obviouslyEnter your zip code here) the lead bullet .22 rounds build up residue faster on the feedramp of my .22 G17 and lead to malfs faster than copper .22

Just wondering how the .22 copper bullets are for barrel longevity. I burn through so much .22...I'd rather use copper .22 for the slower lead buildup on the feed ramp to mitgate feeding issues over a long shooting session. 
View Quote
Seriously?  It's a copper-washed soft lead bullet flying down a hardened steel barrel. The barrel won't even notice.

More .22 barrels are ruined by cleaning rods than are ever worn out by .22 bullets.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Update in OP.

Added Rifle data using a Ruger 10/22 Takedown 16.4" Barrel and a CZ 452 with a 16" barrel threaded by eastTXhunter.

The new CZ scouts are built on the 455 frame and can swap barrels. They are also threaded from the factory.

Chrono was set up 10' from the muzzle.

Noticed some typos in my data I posted. Here is a cleaned up list of the rifle data with the Velocity Differences between a Bolt gun and Semi auto with the same ammo.

Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Aguila Standard Velocity
Notes: Lead RN
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread22
Average1068
Standard Deviation7
Power Factor Average43
Power Factor Low42
Power Factor High43
                                                         Difference in Velocity 16FPS
Name: 10/22TD + Mask Aguila Standard Velocity
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread45
Average1052
Standard Deviation13
Power Factor Average42
Power Factor Low42
Power Factor High43

Name: 10/22TD + Mask Aguila Subsonic
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread38
Average986
Standard Deviation12
Power Factor Average39
Power Factor Low39
Power Factor High40
                                                  Difference in Velocity30FPS
Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Aguila Subsonic
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread46
Average1016
Standard Deviation12
Power Factor Average41
Power Factor Low40
Power Factor High42

Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Aguila Pistol Match
Number of Shots9
Extreme Spread59
Average1088
Standard Deviation20
Power Factor Average44
Power Factor Low42
Power Factor High45
                                                        Difference In Velocity 61FPS
Name: 10/22TD + Mask Aguila Pistol Match
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread43
Average1027
Standard Deviation14
Power Factor Average41
Power Factor Low40
Power Factor High42

Name: CZ452 + Spectre II FIOCCHI High Velocity
"Notes: Plated HP
sku#22FHVCHP 57882"
Number of Shots11
Extreme Spread54
Average1330
Standard Deviation17
Power Factor Average51
Power Factor Low49
Power Factor High51
                                                        Difference in Velocity73FPS
Name: 10/22TD + Mask FIOCCHI High Velocity
"Notes: Copper plated HP
22FHVCHP 57882"
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread25
Average1257
Standard Deviation9
Power Factor Average48
Power Factor Low47
Power Factor High48

Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Winchester Subsonic 42MAX
Notes: Lead HP with very large HP,  SKU#W22SUB42U
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread48
Average1059
Standard Deviation13
Power Factor Average45
Power Factor Low43
Power Factor High45
                                                                          Difference in Velocity 22FPS
Name: 10/22TD + Mask  Winchester Subsonic 42 MAX
Notes: Lead HP with huge HP hole, SKU#W22SUB42U
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread76
Average1037
Standard Deviation19
Power Factor Average44
Power Factor Low42
Power Factor High45

Name: 10/22TD + Mask  FIOCCHI Standard Velocity
"Notes: Lead RN
I think the SKU is 22FLRN 57880"
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread49
Average1023
Standard Deviation15
Power Factor Average41
Power Factor Low40
Power Factor High42
                                                               Difference in Velocity14FPS
Name: CZ452 + Spectre II FIOCCHI Standard Velocity
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread47
Average1037
Standard Deviation12
Power Factor Average42
Power Factor Low40
Power Factor High42

Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Winchester Subsonic M-22
"Notes: Black plated RN
Sku#S22LRTSUP"
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread19
Average1100
Standard Deviation6
Power Factor Average50
Power Factor Low49
Power Factor High50
                                                              Difference in Velocity 58FPS
Name: 10/22TD + Mask Winchester Subsonic M-22
"Notes: Black Plated RN
SKU # is S22LRTSUP"
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread36
Average1042
Standard Deviation14
Power Factor Average47
Power Factor Low46
Power Factor High48

Name: 10/22TD + Mask Winchester Varmint LF
"Notes: Lead Free dimpled HP
I think the SKU# is X22LRHLF"
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread87
Average1589
Standard Deviation27
Power Factor Average41
Power Factor Low40
Power Factor High42
                                                           Difference in Velocity91FPS
Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Winchester Varmint LF
Notes: Lead free HP
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread135
Average1680
Standard Deviation32
Power Factor Average44
Power Factor Low41
Power Factor High45

Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Winchester Western
Notes: Plated HP
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread63
Average1281
Standard Deviation21
Power Factor Average46
Power Factor Low45
Power Factor High47
                                                      Difference in Velocity 31FPS
Name: 10/22TD + Mask Winchester Western
Notes: Plated Hp
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread76
Average1250
Standard Deviation25
Power Factor Average45
Power Factor Low44
Power Factor High47

Name: 10/22TD + Mask  Federal America Eagle SKU#AE22
Notes: Copper plated HP
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread63
Average1233
Standard Deviation19
Power Factor Average47
Power Factor Low46
Power Factor High48
                                                                      Difference in Velocity 28FPS
Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Federal American Eagle SKU#AE22
Notes: Copper plated HP
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread58
Average1261
Standard Deviation17
Power Factor Average48
Power Factor Low47
Power Factor High49

Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Peters PR-22
Notes: Lead RN I think the same loading as Thunderbolt
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread59
Average1242
Standard Deviation15
Power Factor Average50
Power Factor Low49
Power Factor High51
                                              Difference In Velocity 88FPS
Name: 10/22TD + Mask Peters  PR-22
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread154
Average1154
Standard Deviation43
Power Factor Average46
Power Factor Low43
Power Factor High49

Name: 10/22TD + Mask  Remington Viper
Notes: Copper plated truncated cone
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread78
Average1207
Standard Deviation28
Power Factor Average43
Power Factor Low42
Power Factor High45
                                                  Difference in Velocity 46FPS
Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Remington Viper
Notes: Copper plated truncated cone
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread83
Average1253
Standard Deviation27
Power Factor Average45
Power Factor Low44
Power Factor High47

Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Federal Auto Match SKU#AM22
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread37
Average1250
Standard Deviation13
Power Factor Average50
Power Factor Low49
Power Factor High51
                                                           Difference In Velocity 26FPS
Name: 10/22 + Mask Federal Auto Match SKU#AM22
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread29
Average1224
Standard Deviation8
Power Factor Average49
Power Factor Low48
Power Factor High49

Name: 10/22TD + Mask  Blazer SKU #00021
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread59
Average1194
Standard Deviation17
Power Factor Average48
Power Factor Low47
Power Factor High49
                                                    Difference in Velocity 53FPS
Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Blazer SKU#00021
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread34
Average1247
Standard Deviation10
Power Factor Average50
Power Factor Low49
Power Factor High50

Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Federal Gold Medal Target sku#711B
Was going super sonic. Right on threshold "
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread47
Average1116
Standard Deviation16
Power Factor Average45
Power Factor Low44
Power Factor High46
                                                                Difference In Velocity 33FPS
Name: 10/22TD + Mask Federal Gold Medal Target SKU#711B
No sonic crack"
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread40
Average1083
Standard Deviation13
Power Factor Average43
Power Factor Low43
Power Factor High44

Name: 10/22TD + Mask Federal Game Shock SKU#710
Notes: Copper Plated RN
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread42
Average1187
Standard Deviation14
Power Factor Average48
Power Factor Low47
Power Factor High49
                                                       Difference in Velocity 32FPS
Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Federal Game Shock SKU#710
Notes: Copper plated RN
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread23
Average1219
Standard Deviation6
Power Factor Average49
Power Factor Low48
Power Factor High49

Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Federal American Eagle SKU#AE5022
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread15
Average1267
Standard Deviation5
Power Factor Average51
Power Factor Low50
Power Factor High51
                                                Difference in Velocity 39FPS
Name: 10/22TD + Mask Federal America Eagle SKU#AE5022
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread61
Average1228
Standard Deviation17
Power Factor Average49
Power Factor Low48
Power Factor High50

Name: 10/22TD + Mask Remington 22 Thunderbolt
"Notes: Dirty Lead RN
SKU#TB-22B"
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread166
Average1175
Standard Deviation46
Power Factor Average47
Power Factor Low44
Power Factor High51
                                                         Difference in Velocity 44FPS
Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Remington 22 Thunderbolt
sku#TB-22B"
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread88
Average1219
Standard Deviation27
Power Factor Average49
Power Factor Low47
Power Factor High50

Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Remington Golden Bullet
Notes: Brass plated HP
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread52
Average1274
Standard Deviation17
Power Factor Average46
Power Factor Low45
Power Factor High47
                                              Difference in Velocity 70FPS
Name: 10/22TD + Mask Remington Golden Bullet
Notes: brass plated Hp
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread95
Average1204
Standard Deviation28
Power Factor Average43
Power Factor Low42
Power Factor High45

Name: 10/22TD + Mask CCI Mini-Mag SKU#0030
Notes: Copper plated RN
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread55
Average1190
Standard Deviation18
Power Factor Average48
Power Factor Low47
Power Factor High49
                                               Velocity Difference56FPS
Name: CZ452 + Spectre II CCI Mini-Mag  SKU #0030
Notes: Plated RN
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread35
Average1246
Standard Deviation9
Power Factor Average50
Power Factor Low49
Power Factor High50

Name: CZ452 + Spectre II CCI Suppressor SKU #957
"Notes: Lead HP
Very quiet "
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread30
Average974
Standard Deviation10
Power Factor Average44
Power Factor Low43
Power Factor High44
                                                                Velocity Difference4FPS
Name: 10/22TD + Mask CCI Suppressor SKU#957
"Notes: Lead HP
All of the projectiles were perfectly formed and HP all symmetrical. "
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread38
Average970
Standard Deviation12
Power Factor Average44
Power Factor Low43
Power Factor High45

Name: 10/22TD + Mask CCI Standard Velocity SKU#0035
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread40
Average1058
Standard Deviation11
Power Factor Average42
Power Factor Low42
Power Factor High43
                                                               Velocity Difference18FPS

Name: CZ452 + Spectre II CCI Standard Velocity SKU#0035
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread36
Average1076
Standard Deviation11
Power Factor Average43
Power Factor Low42
Power Factor High44

Name: CZ452 + Spectre II CCI Sub-Sonic HP SKU#56
Notes: Lead HP
Number of Shots11
Extreme Spread60
Average1075
Standard Deviation15
Power Factor Average43
Power Factor Low42
Power Factor High44
                                                           Velocity Difference29FPS
Name: 10/22TD + Mask CCI Sub-Sonic HP SKU#56
Notes: Lead HP very consistent HP holes
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread42
Average1046
Standard Deviation14
Power Factor Average42
Power Factor Low41
Power Factor High43

Name: 10/22TD + Mask CCI Quiet-22 SKU#960
Did not cycle action in 10/22, very quiet"
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread62
Average701
Standard Deviation19
Power Factor Average28
Power Factor Low27
Power Factor High29
                                                           Velocity Difference38FPS
Name: CZ452 + Spectre II CCI Quiet-22 SKU#960
Very very quiet. "
Number of Shots10
Extreme Spread44
Average739
Standard Deviation16
Power Factor Average30
Power Factor Low29
Power Factor High30

Name: CZ452 + Spectre II CCI Quiet-22 Segmented HP SKU#970
"Notes: Segmented HP
Copper plated "
Number of Shots4
Extreme Spread18
Average704
Standard Deviation8
Power Factor Average28
Power Factor Low28
Power Factor High29

Name: CZ452 + Spectre II Aguila Colibri
Notes: Lead point bullet No gun powder
Number of Shots5
Extreme Spread88
Average366
Standard Deviation32
Power Factor Average7
Power Factor Low6
Power Factor High8
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for putting this together, I find myself shooting more and more rimfire, and now that ammo options are available this will help with the research.  

If you come across CCI #0074 I would love to see some data on that load.  just subsonic in a segmented hollow point makes a good suppressed varmint load.  I would be happy to chip in a box or two next time i order ammo.

I might have missed it but could you list the specs on the rifles... specifically which barrel length on the CZ.  I am assuming the 10/22 is an 18".

-Mike
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Great info, I just shot some Federal match target through my new CZ 455 Tacticool over the weekend. It stayed subsonic and was very accurate. I plan to pick up some Wolf match, Geco bolt match, and SK ammo to try out to see if they stay subsonic. I'm using this rifle as a trainer so I want to stick with quality accurate ammo but I want it to stay subsonic as well. I know the Federal I shot is advertised as 1080 fps, I also shot some Gemtech 45 grain subsonics which were not quite as accurate as the Federal.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thanks for putting this together, I find myself shooting more and more rimfire, and now that ammo options are available this will help with the research.  

If you come across CCI #0074 I would love to see some data on that load.  just subsonic in a segmented hollow point makes a good suppressed varmint load.  I would be happy to chip in a box or two next time i order ammo.

I might have missed it but could you list the specs on the rifles... specifically which barrel length on the CZ.  I am assuming the 10/22 is an 18".

-Mike
View Quote
10/22TD has the 16.4" barrel SKU#11141

CZ452 scout has a 16" barrel the SKU#02050
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice data, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Using that same federal white ammo from your first test. My 4" mk iii will make the rounds go super sonic. Maybe only 3 out of the whole mag but some will. Idk why
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Using that same federal white ammo from your first test. My 4" mk iii will make the rounds go super sonic. Maybe only 3 out of the whole mag but some will. Idk why
View Quote
Can you list the load SKU# and your elevation? Also pics are welcomed.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Can you list the load SKU# and your elevation? Also pics are welcomed.
View Quote
#20892 10346
3,662ft above sea level
Pics here
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZmhM9QjpFR/
Just verified, about half the mag would go supersonic. Maybe because my can is hella long and when my mask comes back itll not push it into supersonic territory but idk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top