Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2017 6:15:32 PM EDT
Anyone have a tranquillo yet? With the smoking ultimate upper in 260 Rem deal over at Larue Tactical plus a $400 tranquillo, I'm wondering if there are some good reviews yet. Seems like a good deal...
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking too, but haven't found much; might be better asking in the industry section.  I'd love to hear how it compares to my Sandman L.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone have a tranquillo yet? With the smoking ultimate upper in 260 Rem deal over at Larue Tactical plus a $400 tranquillo, I'm wondering if there are some good reviews yet. Seems like a good deal...
View Quote

Funny, I came in here to ask the exact same question.  ML has also said the $399 deal is available to folks who purchased the AR15 UU.  @RenegadeX is the only person I know of with Tranquilo experience.  His initial impressions were very favorable, and now that he's had two years or so with it, I hope he'll hop in here and share his thoughts.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
$399 is a sweet price but it seems about the diameter of the Sig and almost double the weight,
I'd like to see more user reviews.

Hasn't there been talk of a larue 556 can as well?
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Funny, I came in here to ask the exact same question.  ML has also said the $399 deal is available to folks who purchased the AR15 UU.  @RenegadeX is the only person I know of with Tranquilo experience.  His initial impressions were very favorable, and now that he's had two years or so with it, I hope he'll hop in here and share his thoughts.
View Quote
Still going well. I run it on my LT 556 Stealth. Here is video:

Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys8_mmnJn3M
View Quote
My comment was based, in part, on this video, which is coming up on 2 years old.

Can you tell us more?  Can you compare it to anything?
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#6]
No first hand experience but I imagine it's very quiet and has minimal blowback at the expense of size and weight.

May want to ask in the LT industry forum for more first hand information.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I really enjoy the LT industry forum and seems like lots of good guys there. I just thought maybe we'd get a more comprehensive, or fair, shake here.

I'm thinking, without ever having shot one, that it focuses on low back pressure and might make for better decibels at the shooters ear than the muzzle?
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My comment was based, in part, on this video, which is coming up on 2 years old.

Can you tell us more?  Can you compare it to anything?
View Quote
I only run it on 556. It is quieter than SDN6 on 556 with same BBL, ammo, etc. Not as quiet as SPR/M4, but nothing is. It is a solid performer. Good groups, but I have not tested it for POI, It is on gun 100%. No blowback which is nice since I am lefty.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 2:25:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys8_mmnJn3M
View Quote
Mcool vid. How much was that steal and where did you get it if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Mcool vid. How much was that steal and where did you get it if you don't mind me asking?
View Quote
Have had it 20 years, got it locally

http://www.handgunsports.com/
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, at $399 I couldn't resist.  Once the Form 3 clears I'll get to shoot it at my dealer while waiting on the Form 4.  Will report back.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I just found this thread.  I have a TQ and like it.  The suppression is on par with my SOCOM, it has no blowback and I like the "tone" of the TQ.  It uses a screw on design to the LaRue brake where the shoulder of the brake provides a sort of index to minimize POI shift.  

SOCOM on my 260 bolt gun and TQ on my 260 gasser:

Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#13]
what were the barrel lengths on those guns ?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
what were the barrel lengths on those guns ?
View Quote
22" on the semi and 24" on the bolt.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
How does it feel weight wise on barrels that long? I’m considering one even through I already have 3 30cal cans
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How does it feel weight wise on barrels that long? I’m considering one even through I already have 3 30cal cans
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't notice it at all.

Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Those are great pictures !
are the larue suppressors in stock at larue or are you having to wait for them to be manufactured?
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Those are great pictures !
are the larue suppressors in stock at larue or are you having to wait for them to be manufactured?
View Quote
I ordered one on 8/29 and it arrived at my FFL/SOT on 9/7.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I ordered one on 8/29 and it arrived at my FFL/SOT on 9/7.
View Quote
That’s not too bad.. I, just trying to decide if I want another can and if I want to deal with the current wait times. 
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That’s not too bad.. I, just trying to decide if I want another can and if I want to deal with the current wait times. 
View Quote
Just a heads up in case you didn't know...

If you buy one of their Ultimate Upper Kits (base price $792 unassembled), I'm pretty sure you can call and get a Tranquilo added to your order for $399. You are then also eligible to purchase a LaRue billet stripped lower for $199. That's a complete LaRue rifle and a Tranquilo for $1,390 plus taxes, fees, and shipping.

Similarly, you can do a large frame (7.62/.260/6.5CM) build for $1,989 with a Tranquilo (plus applicable taxes, fees and shipping).

Not trying to derail your plan, but wanted to throw that out there.

ETA: Never mind. I just saw your post in the 6.5CM thread.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just a heads up in case you didn't know...

If you buy one of their Ultimate Upper Kits (base price $792 unassembled), I'm pretty sure you can call and get a Tranquilo added to your order for $399. You are then also eligible to purchase a LaRue billet stripped lower for $199. That's a complete LaRue rifle and a Tranquilo for $1,390 plus taxes, fees, and shipping.

Similarly, you can do a large frame (7.62/.260/6.5CM) build for $1,989 with a Tranquilo (plus applicable taxes, fees and shipping).

Not trying to derail your plan, but wanted to throw that out there.

ETA: Never mind. I just saw your post in the 6.5CM thread.
View Quote
Right on. Thanks for looking out for me.  I’ve settled on getting the 6.5CM, just trying to decide on the suppressor. 
But I think I may pass on the suppressor and just run my Griffin Alpha on it. 
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:55:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Right on. Thanks for looking out for me.  I’ve settled on getting the 6.5CM, just trying to decide on the suppressor. 
But I think I may pass on the suppressor and just run my Griffin Alpha on it. 
View Quote
I went with the 6.5CM too. $399 was too hard for me to pass up - that's rimfire can pricing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:12:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I went with the 6.5CM too. $399 was too hard for me to pass up - that's rimfire can pricing.
View Quote
That’s a good point. Didn’t consider it compared to a rimfire 
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 6:36:55 AM EDT
[#24]
From IG:

Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:50:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Ordered! 399 $ for a can is AWESOME! Not to mention its built by Larue!!

Thanks ML!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Any more reviews on this? Seems like it’s a bit heavy but indestructible. I already have a cyclone and a yhm phantom. A sound / blowback performance increase doesn’t move the needle for me as I don’t want to be a can collector.

My next 308 can was going to be a 12-13 ounce precision rifle can for bolt guns. Ideally it would reduce poi shift compared to the cyclone.

Is there anything differentiated about this that I need to jump on?

This would have been super easy no brainer if there were no paperwork and wait.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#28]
It did seem like a decent can. Range buddy of mine got one. I still liked my Specwar 762 better. With the recent shenanigans and then backpedaling of said shenanigans, I don’t think many here are going to be buying his products for a bit.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It did seem like a decent can. Range buddy of mine got one. I still liked my Specwar 762 better. With the recent shenanigans and then backpedaling of said shenanigans, I don’t think many here are going to be buying his products for a bit.
View Quote
I just ordered an upper and Tranquilo.  Isnt there some rule about people saying shenanigans?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't think you have any idea of what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Shameless plug,
We have a wicked cool design with a great process to make our cans ... there are none better.

Just sayin' ...

View Quote
Get off of ARFCOM and go make my OBR!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted: I don’t think many here are going to be buying his products for a bit.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Hey, I’m just stating the fact that many were pissed in a certain GD thread and posting they were never buying anything from him. It wasn’t just a few people saying this. Take it with a grain of salt. Don’t care.

Now since this is a tech forum, I perceived the suppression from my Specwar better than the Tranquillo. The owner agrees too, but the aesthetics and weight beat the Specwar.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hey, I’m just stating the fact that many were pissed in a certain GD thread and posting they were never buying anything from him. It wasn’t just a few people saying this. Take it with a grain of salt. Don’t care.

Now since this is a tech forum, I perceived the suppression from my Specwar better than the Tranquillo. The owner agrees too, but the aesthetics and weight beat the Specwar.
View Quote
You're Fake News.

Most of those so called pissed guys were just a bunch of LT haters that like to run their mouths.

The TQ is a great can.  I'll have to do a side by side next to my old Surefire 762SS.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Uh oh! Yup! You got me in my feelz!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The TQ is a great can.  I'll have to do a side by side next to my old Surefire 762SS.
View Quote
I would love to know! I have a 7.62 SS and a TQ on the way when the paperwork clears
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top