User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bullshit. Total bulkshit you have yours and mine from fucking September is still pending.
View Quote
NFA stamps are not FIFO.  I would suggest not buying any more if it is causing you this much anguish.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
NFA stamps are not FIFO.  I would suggest not buying any more if it is causing you this much anguish.  
View Quote
I know what they are and aren’t, and that doesn’t change the fact that’s it’s BS from start to finish.

And no, I won’t stop. What I will do is write, call and complain to who I can. That’s how things get changed.

Not people who just accept taking it up the ass and stop participating as a means of protest.

If the rest of this place and more gun owns wrote and called as much as I and some others have we’d be a lot better off.

Part of the reason those ANTIFA retards get any attention is their fervor for their cause. We could stand to have it rub off on us. It irritates me that those idiots have more passion for ruining America than some of us do for trying to maintain and fix it.

I mean I think too many of you are numb to it. Nothing is more irritating than people who have the “it is what it is, there is nothing we can do about it” attitude.

The people who are ruining our country didn’t have that attitude. They’ve been at it for many decades but guess what?  They are doing it. Effectively.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I know what they are and aren’t, and that doesn’t change the fact that’s it’s BS from start to finish.

And no, I won’t stop. What I will do is write, call and complain to who I can. That’s how things get changed.

Not people who just accept taking it up the ass and stop participating as a means of protest.

If the rest of this place and more gun owns wrote and called as much as I and some others have we’d be a lot better off.

Part of the reason those ANTIFA retards get any attention is their fervor for their cause. We could stand to have it rub off on us. It irritates me that those idiots have more passion for ruining America than some of us do for trying to maintain and fix it.

I mean I think too many of you are numb to it. Nothing is more irritating than people who have the “it is what it is, there is nothing we can do about it” attitude.

The people who are ruining our country didn’t have that attitude. They’ve been at it for many decades but guess what?  They are doing it. Effectively.
View Quote
Being upset that it has taken an extended period of time is understandable.  I feel for you, and I have been there.  Complaining that someone else got theirs first is simply being ridiculous.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His point was complaining about the time involved makes sense.  But complaining that someone got theirs first is just stupid if you claim to understand how the system works.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Had two November and one October form 4s approved in the last 3 days, waiting on them to come back to the various dealers.

One November Form 1 still pending. Plus a few June 2017 ones.

All individuals.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Meanwhile....
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#7]
If you bugged by waiting 6-10 months for a NFA item, might want to pic another hobby.

Hopefully the new bar code system streamlines the process.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you bugged by waiting 6-10 months for a NFA item, might want to pic another hobby.

View Quote
Hope so too

Mailing a form4 this week
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I thought the BATF said it only speeds up the process by a few seconds upon initial sorting.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hope so too

Mailing a Form 4 this week
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope so too

Mailing a Form 4 this week
My numbers say any time after early May of next year.
Or August......
Or April.....
Or June.....
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My numbers say any time after early May of next year.
Or August......
Or April.....
Or June.....
View Quote
Your numbers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#12]

It would be nice to find a pattern.

I don't think This Guy could find The Pattern

Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Checks cashed 11/10/16.
Form 4 Individual 
Stamps for a Dead Air Sandman-S and Ghost M45 came today.

10 months plus a day. 
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Checks cashed 11/10/16.
Form 4 Individual 

10 months plus a day. 
View Quote
How are forms done in November of last year getting passed up for ones sent in January of this year?

Is the ATF really this unorganized? Is the process still recovering from 41F?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I think every examiner or assistant takes part of a stack. You could be in the middle or the top or bottom. Luck of the draw I believe.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 11:29:10 PM EDT
[#16]
So what's your time estimate if you submitted today?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:25:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So what's your time estimate if you submitted today?
View Quote
Individual forms? My guess would be 5, 6 months tops.

Form 1 trust? Not a clue. Maybe before season 8 of Game of Thrones.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:28:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Trust submissions take longer, as they have to examine your trust, make sure the correct number of responsible persons are listed on the Form 1/4 as outlined in the trust, and make sure its legally a trust. That is why a lot of the "faster" approvals are individuals as there's less to review.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How are forms done in November of last year getting passed up for ones sent in January of this year?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Checks cashed 11/10/16.
Form 4 Individual 

10 months plus a day. 

Yeah, it sucks... I just called on 2 form 4 (individuals) both cashed Nov '16 (still pending) and seeing all these Jan and now Febs coming back... It ain't right but I agree that the examiners are probably grabbing stacks out of order just to try and clear the current backlog before the .gov FY18 starts next month.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Being upset that it has taken an extended period of time is understandable.  I feel for you, and I have been there.  Complaining that someone else got theirs first is simply being ridiculous.  
View Quote
To be clear, I’m not mad at them. It’s not their fault. It’s a bullshit system that needs to be changed.

For example, I called this morning and was told mine was approved yesterday. Yay, right?  Wrong. See my new thread for the potential issue coming my way. It’s what happens when subjects have to ask for permission to have their rights. I shouldn’t have to worry that my “approval” will be changed or messed with.

And I’m not sure why anyone would try ostracize me for advocating for our rights.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:20:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah...I almost always get delayed during a regular firearm purchase. I'm curious to see how long it'll take to process my first NFA documents (looking to do my first submission this weekend).  I'm sure it'll go through and I'lll get the call from my FFL right around the time I forget about putting in for it, lol (that's generally how things work for me).
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I just came to the depressing realization that if I was APPROVED Last Week I wouldn't get the stamps for another week or three....
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just came to the depressing realization that if I was APPROVED Last Week I wouldn't get the stamps for another week or three....
View Quote
That’s where I’m at. I see some that get theirs in about 10 days. Some three weeks.

I’m SURE I’ll be three weeks.

But whatever. The lady said approved when I called so I’m happy. Now I have to wait on my second can I sent in the firms for two months ago.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm thinking about buying another rimfire can to see if I get it back before my other 6 on a trust spanning from 10/16 to 8/17. I'd bet it would be approved before most of my others.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#27]
I haven't had a form 4 in since 41f but I submitted a form 1 individual for an SBR on January 25 of this year and it was approved September 9th. Still waiting on it in the mail. So that was a little over 7 months.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not that it helps anybody waiting but we are getting form 4s back from February now; all filed as individuals.  I honestly couldn't tell you when the last approved form 4 filed as a trust, maybe November submission? I understand from speaking with the RAs and examiners, the delay in trusts is because they are being more thoroughly reviewed for legality. 
View Quote
This is why I didn't buy the whole Silencer Shop bar code reduction in wait times.

The industry finds a way to reduce times, and the ATF found a way to bring balance back. Yes, maybe individual forms will make it to the 3-month turn-around but the ATF has not gotten any faster in the post 41F era for just trusts.

I have a pending Form 4 Trust 11/18. Then I have multiple Form 1/4s as individual starting with a 3/15 Form 1 Individual. Looks like I am going to get my forms I filled almost 4+ months later faster.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This is why I didn't buy the whole Silencer Shop bar code reduction in wait times.

The industry finds a way to reduce times, and the ATF found a way to bring balance back. Yes, maybe individual forms will make it to the 3-month turn-around but the ATF has not gotten any faster in the post 41F era for just trusts.

I have a pending Form 4 Trust 11/18. Then I have multiple Form 1/4s as individual starting with a 3/15 Form 1 Individual. Looks like I am going to get my forms I filled almost 4+ months later faster.
View Quote
This is very true, the only benefit I have is im the only responsible person on my trust. I don't think it's much of a benifit being most people have multiple rp's and I'm below them in the pile of forms. I would hope they get it sort d out sooner than later and have a team reviewing trusts to eliminate a lot of the problems.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I've been watching the return times and right now pre 41f he been at a year. But post 41f are at about 9 months. I find it weird that the spread is so large but go look for yourself. I'm hoping I get my stamp at 5 months that would be awesome. But I'm expecting 9 months total.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've been watching the return times and right now pre 41f he been at a year. But post 41f are at about 9 months. I find it weird that the spread is so large but go look for yourself. I'm hoping I get my stamp at 5 months that would be awesome. But I'm expecting 9 months total.
View Quote
Those look to be individual form submission return times.  Trust forms are still at a year wait and from what I got talking to the nfa branch recently trust forms will be averaging a year wait for a while due to prints clearing for all responsible parties and trust verification.  Also, trusts forms have been set aside for the most part right now and resources put on other tasks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Like I said, 8 to 9 months was my original estimates.  Some people are waiting longer while others are getting theirs Now.
The Shortest Wait I've seen so far is 31 weeks, others have been waiting over a year; I'm at 37 weeks myself.

I wish there was a pattern we could reasonable follow.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Mod note...deleted post, not a tracking thread
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#35]
So what is the issue on the trusts? My last suppressor pre 41P was approved with the same trust I used for my current form 4.

Only change is the wife and I got pics and fingerprints.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 1:32:55 AM EDT
[#36]
I'd be interesting to know if any plans will actually make trusts go down in wait time.

I'd imagine that there was a significant drop in submitted forms after 41F, but we're not seeing the trusts speed up at all. So with fewer submissions (a guess), they are still at 10-12 months.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 2:45:17 AM EDT
[#37]
This trust thing is pissing me off. I bought my first 2 cans as an individual. Then I got sucked into the trust idea, my kids can use them blah blah, but it will be 12 years before they will be old enough to run around with NFA stuff anyway. My cans will be out of date junk by then unless there is a total ban. So I was all jacked up about the supposed new approval times for my March Hybrid purchase and now I wonder if I will even have it in time for my March hog hunt. Seriously, I'm the ony RP on my trust, which is already on file, and its a standard Silencer Shop Trust. What the hell is the hold up with verifying that?
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#39]
See above
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top