Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:55:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the trouble I have with comparing wait times from previous time periods- is that you dont know how many examiners they had fighting the mountain of paperwork... Now that we are no longer able to use eForms, are those examiners being re-directed to paper form submissions, in addition to any new examiners hired?! Things that keep me up at night...
View Quote
Historic data won't do it, this is situation is too unique.

Like subie said a few posts ago, if someone like SS were to divulge F4 submissions by the month from say 01/2016 until today, you could draw some pretty good conclusions.  The only difference maybe being SS's sales model producing more compared to others post 41F, and any adjustments the ATF makes to staffing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
ATF says 6-7 months:

41F - Everyone's favorite topic (sarcasm if you couldn't tell). There were ~280,000 applications received from the announcement of the final rule until it went into effect. That was about a full years worth of applications. They are on the downward slope of pre 41F paperwork.

ATF is working overtime to process these forms. They are currently working 7 days a week to reduce the wait times and are literally working overtime hours to accomplish that goal (up to 20 hours per person in addition to their standard work week).

Pre 41F, they were receiving ~35,000 forms a week and processing about 8,000 forms a week. Post 41F they were receiving about 5-6,000 form a week and processing 8-9,000 forms a week. They are currently predicting a 6-7 month turn around if you submit a form today.

In January, six additional examiners were hired. They are going to continue to push for resources in FY 2018-19.
View Quote
Does this mean that suppressor sales have returned to 2015 levels (or greater) since the post 41F lull?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ATF says 6-7 months:

41F - Everyone's favorite topic (sarcasm if you couldn't tell). There were ~280,000 applications received from the announcement of the final rule until it went into effect. That was about a full years worth of applications. They are on the downward slope of pre 41F paperwork.

ATF is working overtime to process these forms. They are currently working 7 days a week to reduce the wait times and are literally working overtime hours to accomplish that goal (up to 20 hours per person in addition to their standard work week).

Pre 41F, they were receiving ~35,000 forms a week and processing about 8,000 forms a week. Post 41F they were receiving about 5-6,000 form a week and processing 8-9,000 forms a week. They are currently predicting a 6-7 month turn around if you submit a form today.

In January, six additional examiners were hired. They are going to continue to push for resources in FY 2018-19.
View Quote
They knew it was coming and didn't seem to start any of the overtime work until they started hitting May & June forms.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:25:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They knew it was coming and didn't seem to start any of the overtime work until they started hitting May & June forms.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF says 6-7 months:

Do you know how government works?
Unlike a private business, a government agency can't just run out and hire additional employees, hire contract workers because the workload is heavy and can't offer overtime UNLESS CONGRESS SAYS IT CAN.

If ATF had a thousand document examiners on permanent assignment ARFcom would bitch about government waste.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Unlike a private business, a government agency can't just run out and hire additional employees, hire contract workers because the workload is heavy and can't offer overtime UNLESS CONGRESS SAYS IT CAN.

If ATF had a thousand document examiners on permanent assignment ARFcom would bitch about government waste.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF says 6-7 months:

Get rid of the NFA entirely.

The government won't have to hire additional personnel to process their poll & extortion taxes nor paperwork, and the ARF hoard (as well as every other firearm enthusiast) won't have a reason to complain.

The solution is mind-numbingly simple to anyone who possesses a modicum of critical thinking skills and a couple brain cells to rub together to create a spark.

The crux is that the path to execute it is excruciatingly expensive and time consuming (again, thanks to government).

Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The government won't have to hire additional personnel to process their poll & extortion taxes nor paperwork, and the ARF hoard (as well as every other firearm enthusiast) won't have a reason to complain.

The solution is mind-numbingly simple to anyone who possesses a modicum of critical thinking skills and a couple brain cells to rub together to create a spark.

The crux is that the path to execute it is excruciatingly expensive and time consuming (again, thanks to government).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF says 6-7 months:

Well no shit?
It's amazing no one has thought of that solution.

For fucks sake.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well no shit?

For fucks sake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF says 6-7 months:

Well no shit?

For fucks sake.
Nah bro.  I think he's on to something.  

Imma call my congressman.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well no shit?

For fucks sake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF says 6-7 months:

Well no shit?

For fucks sake.
Well, your post did seem to imply sympathy towards how the government functioned, which was (arguably) then reinforced by your argument that ARF members would bitch about government waste if there was 1,000 permanent examiners getting their forms approved instantly.

All that aside, I wasn't aiming my post at you as a "hey, you're a dumb@$$ for not having this position and your statement is stupid".  I was reaffirming what many of us already know and express, and was using your post as an example of why it's so obvious to do away with it all.

Simmer down T-Dog
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 4:48:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I think you missed my point, but that's ok.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Some people that sent in their Form 4's in early January are getting their Stamps.  (Lucky ).

So I'm going to hazard a guess and say that IF you mailed your Form-4 in today you just might pick it up mid April 2018.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Some people that sent in their Form 4's in early January are getting their Stamps.  (Lucky ).

So I'm going to hazard a guess and say that IF you mailed your Form-4 in today you just might pick it up mid April 2018.
View Quote
Yours is on about day 240 and by your estimate you have 100 days left, is that right?

Care to make it interesting?

ETA: I'll bet you a membership that your form is approved within 45 days.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#13]
All I know is that I mailed my form 4 off on July 5th, and they didn't even cash the check until Aug. 24th.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:26:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Ordered a Dead Air Wolf-9SD on the 13th through SilencerShop.  Check cashed yesterday, the 28th.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yours is on about day 240 and by your estimate you have 100 days left, is that right?

View Quote
I'll play.  My two latest.

Ordered - 12/21/16 (251 days)
Form 4 - 2/20/17 (190 days)
Check Cashed 2/22/17 (188 days)

Attachment Attached File

My membership expires 10/11 (44 days), which would put me at 294 total, 231 cashed.

What do you say?  I'll call in on 10/12, if it's not approved I get that membership.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 3:37:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'll play.  My two latest.

Ordered - 12/21/16 (251 days)
Form 4 - 2/20/17 (190 days)
Check Cashed 2/22/17 (188 days)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123106/Bet-293991.JPG

My membership expires 10/11 (44 days), which would put me at 294 total, 231 cashed.

What do you say?  I'll call in on 10/12, if it's not approved I get that membership.
View Quote
Individual or trust?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Individual or trust?
View Quote
Corporation, looks like.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Individual or trust?
View Quote
Trust
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll play as well...
Mask purchased June 28 2017
Check cashed July 24 2017

Ghost purchased August 2 2017
Check cashed August 8 2017.

Both were individuals.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought a can from PSA last Thursday. 5 months would be great.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I bought a can from PSA last Thursday. 5 months would be great.
View Quote
5 months for PSA to ship it?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Haha I have a PSA 5 minutes from my house. I went in and laid hands on the can before buying!
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:45:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Trust
View Quote
I'm not as confident about trusts coming back that soon. They seem to be lagging behind individual forms for whatever reason.

Makes me glad I did individual on mine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Ive been doing all individual since my first stamp 6 years ago, maybe its paying off now HA. Individual times are dropping like a rock on NFA tracker but trusts not over the peak so to speak it seems. Hopefully my November stamps will be here soon.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm Game...

Maxim 9 purchased 08/09/17
Check cashed 08/28/17
Individual
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I originally Estimated that I'd receive The Stamps by early August to the middle of September.  So far I'm not THAT far off....

The REAL Question is whether or not I'd get APPROVED before October shows up.  31 remaining days of my Estimate is The Question and The Bet.

Want to refine the bet
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm not as confident about trusts coming back that soon. They seem to be lagging behind individual forms for whatever reason.

Makes me glad I did individual on mine.
View Quote
The processes and procedures have had to change.  With all the responsible persons now going through the same checks, how much time & energy has increased per approval?  Sure the volume of applications may have decreased, but the workload per application has at least doubled.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The processes and procedures have had to change.  With all the responsible persons now going through the same checks, how much time & energy has increased per approval?  Sure the volume of applications may have decreased, but the workload per application has at least doubled.
View Quote
My trust has always been the same, I have no trustees just benificiaries which do not have to go through a background check. And unfortunately I don't think that changes anything besides the fact my form may not be as time consuming as the guy with 10 trustees.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:31:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My trust has always been the same, I have no trustees just benificiaries which do not have to go through a background check. And unfortunately I don't think that changes anything besides the fact my form may not be as time consuming as the guy with 10 trustees.
View Quote
Beneficiaries are not "responsible persons?"
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#30]
just got my Form 1 back...individual...8 months
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I originally Estimated that I'd receive The Stamps by early August to the middle of September.  So far I'm not THAT far off....

The REAL Question is whether or not I'd get APPROVED before October shows up.  31 remaining days of my Estimate is The Question and The Bet.

Want to refine the bet
View Quote
I know your original estimate was Aug-Sep, but I was referring to a post you made the other day about estimating you had another 100 days to go. Not so confident in that after all?

Even so, I'm willing to refine the bet from 45 days to 31 if you feel better about that. Just to be clear, I'm referring to the form for the GM-22 you mailed on Dec 31. If it comes before Oct you extend my membership, and if not I extend yours, is that right?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is correct.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#33]
The logical reason I heard regarding trusts taking longer was that the trust paperwork goes through a legal review to make sure the trust is legit before examiners go through the approval process. So trusts having that extra step would explain why individual submissions are so much quicker.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bullshit. I'm still waiting on last September and I have one I sent in last week.

I'll be lucky to see last years September submission by October and last weeks submission....who the F knows. Once again, total bullshit. I'm out on NFA for a while after this. Way to irritating.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actual Scam that I just dug up....

Attention Beneficiary:
FROM HIGH COURT OF ECOWAS RB  BRANCH:
B/OP/1234 PLOT AKPAKPA,Benin.
OUR REF.CODE:  BSEL/773/AWN/021/09

Your Attention Please:

From the entire High Court Of Ecowas Benin Republic are here to make it clear
to you that there was a case that was been handling in this ECOWAS since
JANUARY 2017 concerning your Inheritance funds, because we got some reports
that you did not receive your Inheritance funds since after various stories you
heard regarding the funds and all type of payments you have made to receive the
funds but none is received by you.

So we are hereby to know the truth because the person in charge of the
transaction said in this court that you have received your funds and he
confirmed it,that you received your Inheritance funds worth of $7.5Million
United Dollars.

(1)Do you receive any money from Africa............?
(2)If you received money from him,  how much.............?
(3)Through which way, bank or courier do you received the money from?
(4) Is it true that you received money through western union .......?
(5) In which date or year......................?
(6)Which authority approve the file .............?

If you have not receive your Funds in any of this offices measured,this High
Court will make sure you receive it within 48hours once you comp-lair with this
Email.

Thanks.
Best Regard.
FROM HIGH COURT BENIN
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#36]
After due deliberation I decided

NO BET

It's too much of a coin-flip.

Some people Are, some people are NOT.

Day 244 in a few hours.  I think I'll play it safe and not take the bet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

NO BET

View Quote
So optimistic all of a sudden.

My whole point was your estimates are likely way off, and it seems after due deliberation you agree. I was hoping to profit from it as well but it looks like I still proved my point.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
I just had the checked cashed on an individual form 4 yesterday (8/30). Willing to bet on this estimate of yours?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

NO BET

View Quote
Wait did you submit as individual or trust? If individual you would be a fool not to take that bet, especially as you have been keeping a close eye on approval times.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Individual.

By the way: My Class III IM'd me that one of the Suppressors that were sold After I bought mine got released from prison and is now happily home.

Looking at the Screen Shot from NFATracker.com...It's safe to say Any Day Now.
My Original Calculations were About Correct; that massive delivery by Silencer Shop sure messed things up for The Rest of Us.  It made for great copy and publicity, but clogged the pipeline.  On the other hand making The Wait so long got people angry at the Feds so they had to hire more staff.

"If you are given lemons, go make some lemonade."
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 6:25:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Individual.

By the way: My Class III IM'd me that one of the Suppressors that were sold After I bought mine got released from prison and is now happily home.

Looking at the Screen Shot from NFATracker.com...It's safe to say Any Day Now.
My Original Calculations were About Correct; that massive delivery by Silencer Shop sure messed things up for The Rest of Us.  It made for great copy and publicity, but clogged the pipeline.  On the other hand making The Wait so long got people angry at the Feds so they had to hire more staff.

"If you are given lemons, go make some lemonade."
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/40561/NFA_Tracker-296695.JPG
View Quote
Keep telling yourself that because of some numbers online. Like I said

Individual form 4 september 28 2016 went pending.  I called about it three days ago. You're not even close. You MIGHT get lucky but the average says you've got months to go. Not days.

Months.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Individual form 4 september 28 2016 went pending.  I called about it three days ago. You're not even close. You MIGHT get lucky but the average says you've got months to go. Not days.

Months.
View Quote
1. NFA Item: Gem-Tech GM-22
2. Transferee Type: Individual
3. Method: Paper
4. Form Mailed: December 31 2016
5. Form Delivery:  January 5, 2017
6. Check Cashed:  January 10, 2017
7. Pending:
8. Approved:  
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
1. NFA Item: Gem-Tech GM-22
2. Transferee Type: Individual
3. Method: Paper
4. Form Mailed: December 31 2016
5. Form Delivery:  January 5, 2017
6. Check Cashed:  January 10, 2017
7. Pending:
8. Approved:  http://s6.postimg.org/d7c55vo0x/nfa_wait.gif
View Quote
Trust me, I hope you get yours soon. Like I said I'm in the same boat as you only I starter last September.

Ive bought more since then so once they start I get a steady flow. Hopefully it helps. Lol
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Our Theme Song

Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#45]
As a reference point, I was called today about a problem with my finger print card for a form 4 to a trust with check cashed on 4/30/2017.
I don't know when the fingerprint check occurs, but I hope it means I'm close.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 1:43:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
As a reference point, I was called today about a problem with my finger print card for a form 4 to a trust with check cashed on 4/30/2017.
I don't know when the fingerprint check occurs, but I hope it means I'm close.
View Quote
^^WOW!^^  I haven't seen anything near that recent for trusts. If they are doing your background (prints) I would have to think you are close.
I've been watching NFA tracker and individual form 4s are going quick but there seems to be very few form 4 trusts getting approved and they are farther behind. Is this because very few people submitted via trust post 41F or because the trusts are actually that much slower now? I hear that the background check is the slowest part, and the trust has to be verified also, but if I am the only person on the trust will it actually take months longer? Waiting on a March 20ish check cash date and deer season is getting closer by the day...
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#47]
I called my Class III this afternoon.  Nope, not yet.

Day 252  
Some people are getting their's some aren't.

Latest from NfaTracker.com:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Months.
View Quote
NFA tracker is pretty accurate for me.  

I got both a form 4 individual from November and a form 1 individual from December back last month.  6 weeks between submissions, 9 days between approvals.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:37:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

NFA tracker is pretty accurate for me.  

I got both a form 4 individual from November and a form 1 individual from December back last month.  6 weeks between submissions, 9 days between approvals.
View Quote
Bullshit. Total bulkshit you have yours and mine from fucking September is still pending.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:53:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Bullshit. Total bulkshit you have yours and mine from fucking September is still pending.
View Quote
Are you this pleasant when you call? Maybe they're kicking your form to the bottom of the stack.

Seriously though, approvals are all over the place and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. A few March and April individual form 1's have come back, but form 1 trusts seem stuck back in July/Aug. Individual form 4's are all spread out. It's a mess.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top