Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2017 9:18:19 AM EDT
Has anyone here threaded a barrel for a SIG suppressor/muzzle brake adapter?   Not only do you have to thread the barrel, but you have to cut a taper as well.  There are no thread specs in the package or on Sig's web site, guess I'll have to call customer service next week.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Adco is currently cutting a barrel and adding the taper for my direct thread Sig can. I didn't think the barrel needed the taper if you were using the muzzle brake/flash hider as the muzzle device itself has the taper.  

Here are the specs:

Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Has anyone here threaded a barrel for a SIG suppressor/muzzle brake adapter?   Not only do you have to thread the barrel, but you have to cut a taper as well.  There are no thread specs in the package or on Sig's web site, guess I'll have to call customer service next week.
View Quote

If you are threading the barrel only for direct thread of the SIG products, you would also match the factory taper.  
That way, the can could be used alone, or the SIG muzzle device would be properly attached to the muzzle.  
Any competent machinist could match the threads, assuming you have either the print shown above, or a barrel or muzzle device for measuring.

Cutting the standard US 5/8-24 X .600 thread and shoulder would not allow proper fit of SIG products, but would allow nearly every device from all other US manufacturers to install correctly.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks a lot Outrider, that's just what I needed!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top