BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 34
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guys, part of me wants to go back to a standard MP5 from my Omega MP5SD. Please help dissuade me.
View Quote
What do you mean "go"?
Get the MP5 out of the safe for a few range trips and leave the SD in the vault for 6 months.

That's what you mean, right?
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What do you mean "go"?
Get the MP5 out of the safe for a few range trips and leave the SD in the vault for 6 months.

That's what you mean, right?
View Quote
I only have one, I'm not too big on having multiples of the same guns honestly.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
no comprende
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have always held the belief:  "If one is good, two is better!"
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#5]
So just ordered a 8” TPM can to kill time while Atlantic receives more Omega SD’s. How is everyone liking there Omegas?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been staring at mine from time to time since I bought it in February.  only 7 more months to go!
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 11:23:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Bought a TPM K can. Can’t wait!
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Short or long?

Just saw the K
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 11:36:53 PM EDT
[#9]
My stamp arrived today for my TPM full size can today. I picked them both up this afternoon.

Will follow up later. The TPM can is very nice.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:47:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Short or long?

Just saw the K
View Quote
K will hopefully arrive soon.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

K will hopefully arrive soon.
View Quote
Do you know how the weight and length of the TPM K can compares to the Omega 9SD?
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do you know how the weight and length of the TPM K can compares to the Omega 9SD?
View Quote
Definitely lighter and a little longer than the Omega. How’s that for specifics.

I’ll get some proper stats for you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I have no idea what I am talking about. But isn't the "porting" just a couple holes drilled in the right places on a standard mp5?
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Something like that
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#15]
You TPM owners need to post some videos of them being fired!
I still can’t decide if I eventually wanna get the shorter K style or the original length.

TPM mentioned posting dB comparisons but that was probably over a year ago...
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Conversion done since I couldn’t wait for Omega to make another batch. My dealer has my SDK can and will hopefully let me shoot it at his range soon.

Link Posted: 4/1/2018 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#17]
After 6.5 months i finally have my TPM mp5sd.  it is awesome.  i showed a video of me shooting it at an indoor range to my wife and she said "sounds like a stapler"
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
After 6.5 months i finally have my TPM mp5sd.  it is awesome.  i showed a video of me shooting it at an indoor range to my wife and she said "sounds like a stapler"
View Quote
Congrats!
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You TPM owners need to post some videos of them being fired!
I still can’t decide if I eventually wanna get the shorter K style or the original length.

TPM mentioned posting dB comparisons but that was probably over a year ago...
View Quote
I have a meter inbound and will have both silencers soon.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 1:20:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have a meter inbound and will have both silencers soon.
View Quote
That's terrific! Would really really appreciate the comparison on them. I've had the funds and have just been holding off trying to figure out which to go with.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#21]
If one wanted to buy a complete MP5 SD from TPM where would you find it on the site? All I see is the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If one wanted to buy a complete MP5 SD from TPM where would you find it on the site? All I see is the receiver.
View Quote
call them. They are made to order.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are they still $440?  Might as well start with the suppressor..
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Are they still $440?  Might as well start with the suppressor..
View Quote
Mention the ARF thread and it may be a little cheaper, but no promises. I know materials costs have increased.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Mention the ARF thread and it may be a little cheaper, but no promises. I know materials costs have increased.
View Quote
MAGA
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
They also occasionally list them on gunbroker. They have the short can for $$479 listed.  No complete SD guns on there now just a P5N and P5k but they do list complete SDs at times.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll. Call them Mondayor Tuesday. Appreciate the advice.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone have their K version SD can from TPM yet?

Planning on calling them later this month to order a can. Figured if it's for a MP5SD platform, maximum dB suppression wouldn't be a bad idea with the longer SD can.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#29]
If recent times are a guide my Form 4 should be in next week for the TPM SDk (Short) suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 6:54:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#31]
I already have a honey badger, mcx, 3 mp5 clones and more cans and SBRs than I can count.  I keep thinking I’m out. Then you post this. Must not buy....
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I already have a honey badger, mcx, 3 mp5 clones and more cans and SBRs than I can count.  I keep thinking I’m out. Then you post this. Must not buy....
View Quote

DO IT!!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU[/youtube]
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#34]
I keep telling myself that all the MP5 mags I have will offset the cost somehow since I don't need more mags.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:38:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I already have a honey badger, mcx, 3 mp5 clones and more cans and SBRs than I can count.  I keep thinking I'm out. Then you post this. Must not buy....
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Do it
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#36]
I might email TPM tomorrow. Do you think I can get my SBR with no stock to save a few hundred bucks since I already have a bunch of stocks at home? I also am debating getting a short and long can. The only issue is the APC9SD is pretty tempting for a similar price and it can eventually take glock mags.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I might email TPM tomorrow. Do you think I can get my SBR with no stock to save a few hundred bucks since I already have a bunch of stocks at home? I also am debating getting a short and long can. The only issue is the APC9SD is pretty tempting for a similar price and it can eventually take glock mags.
View Quote
roller locked > blowback
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
You could probably ask for it in pistol form and Form 1 it later.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Huge thanks to @BCV for the help, now my SD can finally comes apart!

I'm going to coat everything with anti-spatter and create some kind of baffle pusher. If I can find PVC with a 1.375" O.D. I'll be in business.
View Quote
BCV and GeneralPurpose, what did you do to get the baffles out of your TPM SD can? I have the same issue. I got the rear endcap and the large spacer out but can’t get anything else out! I also can’t remove the front endcap (no spanner holes). I only only run three mags through the gun!!!!

By the way, I love the gun!
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

BCV and GeneralPurpose, what did you do to get the baffles out of your TPM SD can? I have the same issue. I got the rear endcap and the large spacer out but can’t get anything else out! I also can’t remove the front endcap (no spanner holes). I only only run three mags through the gun!!!!

By the way, I love the gun!
View Quote
Only three mags and the front cap won't unscrew?

I used a wooden dowel rod to push'em out.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Only three mags and the front cap won't unscrew?

I used a wooden dowel rod to push'em out.
View Quote
The rear cap unscrews fine but the front cap won’t unscrew because there is no holes for a spanner wrench. Yes, only three magazines. I did run some kerosene through the can a couple hours after shooting it, so maybe that caused the baffles to stick....

Am I understanding you correctly in that you got wood dowel, stuck it in the front of the can and pushed them out? Did you do this with the front endcap removed? Seems like it would be pretty tough to do with the front end cap still on.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The rear cap unscrews fine but the front cap won’t unscrew because there is no holes for a spanner wrench. Yes, only three magazines. I did run some kerosene through the can a couple hours after shooting it, so maybe that caused the baffles to stick....

Am I understanding you correctly in that you got wood dowel, stuck it in the front of the can and pushed them out? Did you do this with the front endcap removed? Seems like it would be pretty tough to do with the front end cap still on.
View Quote
Ok update. I got the front endcap off without the spanner. Unfortunately the baffles are still in there pretty good. I’ve tried inserting a piece of pvc and giving it a few stern taps with a hammer but no luck...
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Had a conjugal visit with my TPM SDK can at an outdoor range, didn’t have a full size can or factory SD to compare it too but from recollection the sound is the same. I do have an issue with the can not seating all the way down to the o ring on the trunion, it looks like the centering bushing that slides over the end of the barrel is hitting the shoulder of the barrel where it steps up (RCM barrel).
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Ok update. I got the front endcap off without the spanner. Unfortunately the baffles are still in there pretty good. I've tried inserting a piece of pvc and giving it a few stern taps with a hammer but no luck...
View Quote
Apply solvent, let it sit a while, bonk it with PVC from one end... then the other end, try to get the baffles to slide a little then push them back the other way to loosen them up. Cut a PVC slightly longer than the sleeve in the expansion chamber and use the back cap screwing in to force the baffles forward with the PVC tube. Back and forth. Add more solvent. Let it sit. Repeat. It's a big pain, get used to doing it every time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Checking in with the crew.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#46]
My Mp5sd project got put on hold while I get a UMP project together first but that picture makes me want to spend $$$$ now. I need one to sit next to my Honey Badger I just picked up.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Is there any commercially available 9mm ammo that is fully platted with no exposed lead?  Seems like that would eliminate the need for cleaning the suppressor.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 1:35:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is there any commercially available 9mm ammo that is fully platted with no exposed lead?  Seems like that would eliminate the need for cleaning the suppressor.
View Quote
Speer Lawman TMJ, for starters...

I suspect there would still be a fair amount of fouling from burnt powder residue.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Question for you guys that own a bunch of cool pistol caliber carbines: how do you like the SD compared to others in your stable? I briefly had a K but didn't care for the weight or trigger. I'm struggling to find a PCC that checks most of my "boxes." I love the roller lock action but wish the ergos and trigger were better compared to more modern firearms. But then most of the modern firearms are shitty blowback design. The SD has been on my grail gun list for now close to a decade. I know it'd be sacrilegious but a MP5 "upper" on an AR lower would be absolutely perfect.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Question for you guys that own a bunch of cool pistol caliber carbines: how do you like the SD compared to others in your stable? I briefly had a K but didn't care for the weight or trigger. I'm struggling to find a PCC that checks most of my "boxes." I love the roller lock action but wish the ergos and trigger were better compared to more modern firearms. But then most of the modern firearms are shitty blowback design. The SD has been on my grail gun list for now close to a decade. I know it'd be sacrilegious but a MP5 "upper" on an AR lower would be absolutely perfect.
View Quote
Roller locked > everything else. I have shot most PCC on the market and none are as smooth as the MP5. If I were to have one and only one it would not be the SD though.
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top