Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 57
Posted: 8/4/2015 5:44:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon]
Mod note: We all like to share when we buy a new can, or multiple cans...as sometimes our friends and family just aren't quite as excited as we are. So, post it up, tell us all...get it off your chest. What did you buy? Tell us where and how much if you want to. Heck, tell us why you chose it over something else if you want to.  Tell us the host(s) you plan on using. It's your moment in the spotlight, so be proud...we may be the only ones who actually care and/or understand.

Ordered a Silencerco Octane 9 and an AAC SDN-6 from the new Silencer Shop website.  I bought the stamps from them too.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Was those cans one of the ones that went up in price?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bigant:
Was those cans one of the ones that went up in price?
View Quote

The octane went up like 10 bucks
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for supporting your local dealer...
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AlabamaPaul:
View Quote

That's what my local dealer told me to do when I called him...
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:18:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beaverpelt] [#6]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

And this was worth a new topic for what reason?

Might've well as added a post to the other multiple topics addressing SS in the last couple days.

For the record, I bought two Nibblerz from my local Zaxby's today.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beaverpelt:

Might've well as added a post to the other multiple topics addressing SS in the last couple days.

If you don't see a reason for the topic then delete it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Actually, I'll do you one better. We'll make this a running thread similar to the "Deals" and "Approvals" threads. I'll edit the title and add a note at the beginning. People like to share, and combining it all into one should get rid of some of the clutter.
View All Quotes

If you don't see a reason for the topic then delete it.

Actually, I'll do you one better. We'll make this a running thread similar to the "Deals" and "Approvals" threads. I'll edit the title and add a note at the beginning. People like to share, and combining it all into one should get rid of some of the clutter.

That's why you get paid the big bucks
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I will join in here.
I just bought a couple from the silencer shop yesterday. I purchased the Revolution 9 for my HK MP5K three lug and the Griffin Hunter for a .308 bolt gun using the tapered mount. Since the bolt gun is not going to be used in competition and not rapid fired, it should work for my purposes. Now the long wait for the approval.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:05:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheBadGuy2] [#11]
I have been working a lot of overtime lately. I know is going to end soon so I have been trying to knock down my want list. I have averaged a new suppressor every two weeks for the last 4 pay days. So far I have a YHM M2 QD .556, a Spectre II, a Warlock II and a Octane 45 HD all pending. This upcoming payday I am going to have to break the trend and try to get a CZ Scorpion. I want to SBR it. When I bought my Octane, I chose the 18mm Scorpion mount in anticipation of this purchase. I am excited to see these start rolling in. Want to get an Omega after the Scorpion. All four of these suppressors were bought from Tarheel State Firearms. Scott makes the process too easy for me to not compulsively buy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TheBadGuy2:
I have been working a lot of overtime lately. I know is going to end soon so I have been trying to knock down my want list. I have averaged a new suppressor every two weeks for the last 4 pay days. So far I have a YHM M2 QD .556, a Spectre II, a Warlock II and a Octane 45 HD all pending. This upcoming payday I am going to have to break the trend and try to get a CZ Scorpion. I want to SBR it. When I bought my Octane, I chose the 18mm Scorpion mount in anticipation of this purchase. I am excited to see these start rolling in. Want to get an Omega after the Scorpion. All four of these suppressors were bought from Tarheel State Firearms. Scott makes the process too easy for me to not compulsively buy.
View Quote

I'm in month 4 of my Form4 for my YHM M2 QD and YHM Ti .30Cal cans.  Also my CZ scorpion F1 was approved 5 days ago.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice. I have a Ti .30 YHM can myself. Sounds like we have similar tastes. You must be getting close on your form 4s!
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:23:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TheBadGuy2:
Nice. I have a Ti .30 YHM can myself. Sounds like we have similar tastes. You must be getting close on your form 4s!
View Quote

I hope so I'm getting ants in my pants
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Filed for f1 can stamp lastnight, 762 sdtac steel, should be good for all cal's up to 300

Big thanks to BigWaylon,

Finally found your guide on silencertalk form, not sure why it's gone from here
I like that yours has pics and suggestions for cans.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Sunday I purchased the $799.95 SOCOM 556 RC from UA.
Tomorrow I will be purchasing a DAA Mask.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:32:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer] [#17]
I'll be the "anti" to this thread. I actually have no more Form 3's pending and only waiting on 5 Form 4's (Trek, Octane 9, TiRant 9, Specwar 556 and Omega).

I'm waiting for the next Cherokee deal or a good flash sale from Capitol Armory.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I was a lucky member that got to experience a sub two-week F3. My AEM5 came in today, so out it went on a Form 4.

Maybe a nice Christmas present to myself.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Waiting on:

Surefire SOCOM 556-RC
SilencerCo Saker 762
Gemtech MK-9K
Gemtech Mist 22

Wont expect to see any  until November-December.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:32:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#20]
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 3:22:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Still waiting on a F3 for my Salvo..

Good news is... my stamp for my osprey came in yesterday. :)
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:03:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Currently waiting approval on my octane 45 HD in FDE that SS was offering. I bought on around the end of may from SS, hope they will still do the direct mail once it finally gets approved. This is my first suppressor purchase and second NFA item. Gonna use it with my FNP 45 Tac. Since it was my first I was undecided whether to get the octane or osprey...would have LOVED to get the osprey but the fact that the octane can be disassembled by the end user was a big plus. Had SiCO still offered the FDE osprey,  I would have gotten that so it would match my pistol without a doubt in my mind.  Also thinking of getting into pistol carbines and thought the octane would look slicker since it's round.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Form 3 for my Osprey cleared.  It will be at my local shop tomorrow.

Now if they'd just get the dammned Forms 4 done.  

I guess I need to get my butt in gear and get all those barrels threaded.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#24]
I purchased a specwar k in May from a dealer in the Detroit area through silencerco's speq program.   As far as I can tell, they are the only speq dealer in Michigan.   They got the suppressor a week ago.   Now I am just waiting to get the form 4 from them so I can sign it and send it off.   This is my first center its rifle suppressor.   I've had an element 2 since February and a tirant 9 since May.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Got in on a great deal from Quiet Riot - Specwar 7.62 + Octane .45 for $799 shipped. It's my second 7.62 Specwar.  Also grabbed a $399 Specwar 5.56 from Cherokee Gun/Pawn which just arrived on a Form 3.  Currently waiting on a Huntertown Arms Guardian 9 as well and debating buying a Gemtech Trek or a Griffin Spartan.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#26]
I just splurged and ordered the new YHM Sidewinder 9mm can from Silencer Shop
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#27]
556 Specwar-K came in last week and I did the Form 4 Saturday.  

FH already installed on my 11.5.

If I'm lucky I'll get to shoot the can sometime around Christmas.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#28]
I just ordered a Spectre II  Cans are way too addictive
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#30]

I just ordered a scope, for a rifle I've yet to buy, even though I already have a suppressor for it.

Did I do all of that in the right order?
View Quote
I see no problem there. I'm one step behind you. I have a can for a rifle I don't yet own but haven't bought the scope. It's clear now that will need to be next .

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

his money, he can buy where he likes, no questions asked, no ones business
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
Currently waiting approval on my octane 45 HD in FDE that SS was offering. I bought on around the end of may from SS, hope they will still do the direct mail once it finally gets approved. This is my first suppressor purchase and second NFA item. Gonna use it with my FNP 45 Tac. Since it was my first I was undecided whether to get the octane or osprey...would have LOVED to get the osprey but the fact that the octane can be disassembled by the end user was a big plus. Had SiCO still offered the FDE osprey,  I would have gotten that so it would match my pistol without a doubt in my mind.  Also thinking of getting into pistol carbines and thought the octane would look slicker since it's round.
View Quote

I've got one of the FDE factory Octane 45's:

You'll love it!  Also, I picked up an Omega 2 weeks ago and the form 3 just cleared.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I just bought this from Silencer Shop:

To replace the Sparrow on this:

This is my first time buying an NFA item without waiting to let other people be the guinea pigs, hopefully my faith in this can based on pedigree works out.

-Mike
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By mjmjr1312:
I just bought this from Silencer Shop:
<a href="http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/mjmjr13121/media/da_mask_1200x800_zpsicg0hj0m.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q669/mjmjr13121/da_mask_1200x800_zpsicg0hj0m.jpg</a>

This is my first time buying an NFA item without waiting to let other people be the guinea pigs, hopefully my faith in this can based on pedigree works out.

-Mike
View Quote

I think you'll be pleased.  I haven't tested it on a meter but it sounds damn good on my 22/45.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 9:29:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bushylover] [#35]
Got my Mite last month.
Going to pick up my 762-SD in a few days.

Getting my Sparrow next month

A TiRANT-45 end of September.

Finally, a TiRANT9 in Nov/Dec.

It's hard to have so many pending, but you get Xmas nearly every month!

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#37]
gemtech multimount 9mm, came with a LID, $495+ stamp.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Just picked up my Osprey 9mm to complete the family.

I just sent in my paper form4 for a Gemtech Mist. Don't have a host decided as of yet, but I have plenty of time to decide.

Just sent in a paper form1 to SBR my LaRue stripped lower, and have a 12" piston LMT MRP CQB upper in my buddy's safe.
Before it went into his safe, I installed a BE Meyers 249 Saker flash hider, and I don't even have a Saker yet.
Waiting on my SOT to get one in so I can start the Form4.

Plus I have coming a Sightron SII Big Sky 4-16x42 scope, a Boyd's Pro Varmint stock, and in hand a Specter II can, and a Kidd single stage trigger for a rifle that Bud's going to ship next week after my funds clear.

Magnum Research MLR22ATUT with the factory threaded barrel.  Brand new version with the threaded barrel.

God, It's nice to be single again.....

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Suppressor mount for the Specwar k I have in jail. It will be my first suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:13:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ewetstone] [#40]
deleted
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:15:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ewetstone] [#41]
Waiting on Stamps for:

AAC Ti Rant 9 - just past 4 months
Gemtech GM-45 - going on 3 months

Waiting on a Form 3 for:

AAC Ti Rant 45 - 2 weeks in

Since I don't need two .45 cans I think I will use the GM-45 on my 300 BLK SBR when Gemtech gets in their 5/8-24 to .578-28 piston.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Ordered a threaded barrel for my VP9 from hkparts.net.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#44]

Exactly which family?

I recently ordered an Osprey 40, so I'll have all five full size SiCo pistol cans. Just trying to decide if I need the Octane & Osprey K cans.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By snakeman48:
Just picked up my Osprey 9mm to complete the family.

Exactly which family?

I recently ordered an Osprey 40, so I'll have all five full size SiCo pistol cans. Just trying to decide if I need the Octane & Osprey K cans.

I remember you saying that you'd get an Osprey in 40 if you found a deal.   I started with the 40 Osprey, as my first centerfire can from SS back when they were brand new to selling game, and put my name on a list for a 45 Osprey.  This was before SiCo bought SWR. I did consider them but I liked the Osprey cans below sight line design. Since I never owned any 9mm guns, didn't see the need to purchase a 9mm Osprey.

After several years of brow beating from my shooting buddy, I broke down an got a Sig P226 in that mouse caliber. So now I have a reason to buy another can. (AS if I really need a reason to but another suppressor) So I completed the Osprey family of full size cans. I don't have anything from the Octane family
I buy suppressors for sound suppression, so the "K" stuff does nothing for me.

For the record: My reference of the 9mm being a mouse caliber is mine and mine alone. So let's not get into a debate over this.
Save that for another thread.

Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#45]
P229 40S&W Suppressed on Flickr

My P229 40 S&W with a no longer made Jarvis 40 threaded barrel, 9/16-24 threads. I wish I could find another Jarvis 40 9/16-24 for my P226
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Just ordered a Saker-K 5.56 w/ Trifecta to go with my Saker 7.62 w/ 51T that I am waiting for. So now that's 5 cans I am waiting on
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Gopherboy128:
Just ordered a Saker-K 5.56 w/ Trifecta to go with my Saker 7.62 w/ 51T that I am waiting for. So now that's 5 cans I am waiting on
View Quote

I'm waiting on 6 cans
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#48]
This time around I was smart and spread them all out... I used to order 3-4 at a time, and then they'd all come in at once... I have a MIST-22 in the queue that I REALLY want back ASAP, as my 10/22 is worthless without a barrel. After that, the Socom, Saker 762, MK-9K and Saker K are all "when they get here"
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Picked up my AAC TiRant 45 and AAC 556SD

TiRant 9, TiRant 45, 556SD

Purchased a AAC Mini 4 and hopefully picking up my Specwar 762 this weekend or next.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 6:00:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FredMan] [#50]
Well, I didn't just buy it, but I did call ATF this morning and found out my Osprey 9 F4 was approved August 9.

Now I'm just waiting for my dealer to call and say he's got the stamp.

Woo hoo!

ETA, it was 5 months to the day for approval.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 57
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top