BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 101
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By k31user:

Kind of depends on where it's been. If it was originally sold to mil. it will probably sell for more than one that was originally sold to a guy playing call of duty in his parents basement.
View Quote

Damn, Ron. I took that one personally.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Outrider:[/b]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Outrider:[/b]
[b]Originally Posted By k31user:

Kind of depends on where it's been. If it was originally sold to mil. it will probably sell for more than one that was originally sold to a guy playing call of duty in his parents basement.

That cuts deep. The man has a sharp tongue.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Right in the feels…
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I’d venture to say most of us in this thread felt that swift kick to the pants.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I get calls once in a while from people with older Ops Inc suppressors wanting to know about them. Most are ones that were sold form 3 to dealers, but every once in a while
one was originally sent to the military and then worked its way back to a form 3 or 4. People seem to be excited when they find one of those. Anything Ops Inc for sale is a rarity,
stuff that was originally sent to the military even more so.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I get calls once in a while from people with older Ops Inc suppressors wanting to know about them. Most are ones that were sold form 3 to dealers, but every once in a while
one was originally sent to the military and then worked its way back to a form 3 or 4. People seem to be excited when they find one of those. Anything Ops Inc for sale is a rarity,
stuff that was originally sent to the military even more so.
View Quote

I will be shooting you a email in a week or so about this specific ops suppressor.  I would assume it’s commercial but have not got it in hand yet. Waiting for the form 3 to clear.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Is there a good source for Ron Allen AEM5s? Are they still out there?
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:42:48 PM EDT
[#8]
@k31user

Hey Ron do you have a ETA on the next batch of M4 cans? Currently on the list via email communication.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:29:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Fridgepants:
@k31user

Hey Ron do you have a ETA on the next batch of M4 cans? Currently on the list via email communication.

Thanks
View Quote
Would love to know details as well
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:00:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brandonbeezy] [#10]
@k31user

Hey Ron, a while ago we talked on the phone about putting a Gordon can and collar on a pencil barrel. You told me the minimum barrel diameter you needed with your collar but I'm not sure if im remembering correctly. I believe you said .570.

I'm picking another colt with the pencil barrel and i know that over the years the od of the barrel was slightly different, so im hoping ill be able to get this one set up after a good chop from dave.  Also, someone on fb said that you were able to get their pencil colt done up, so i definitely know they had different od's throughout their production.

Thanks man
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Brandonbeezy:
@k31user

Hey Ron, a while ago we talked on the phone about putting a Gordon can and collar on a pencil barrel. You told me the minimum barrel diameter you needed with your collar but I'm not sure if im remembering correctly. I believe you said .570.

I'm picking another colt with the pencil barrel and i know that over the years the od of the barrel was slightly different, so im hoping ill be able to get this one set up after a good chop from dave.  Also, someone on fb said that you were able to get their pencil colt done up, so i definitely know they had different od's throughout their production.

Thanks man
View Quote

My blank collars are around .570 so anything bigger than that is good.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#12]

My blank collars are around .570 so anything bigger than that is good.
View Quote

Thank you sir! Hopefully this one works out haha
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

Proof comp contour barrel profiled for AEM5. Hornady 73 ELD-Ms at 972 and 1030 today.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By WhiteDingo:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/65278/20230529_181309_exported_2694_1685400918-2833822.JPG

Proof comp contour barrel profiled for AEM5. Hornady 73 ELD-Ms at 972 and 1030 today.
View Quote

A man of culture I see, We should hang out.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#15]

What barrel length did you go with?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SlimThiccBob:

View All Quotes

22”, she’s thicccccc
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a batch going together now. Email me and I'll let you know what dealers are getting them and when.
View Quote

Any idea when Kevin O'neils AEM5-30 orders will be fulfilled?  I've had an order through him for a couple years now. 😁
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By APSArmament:

Any idea when Kevin O'neils AEM5-30 orders will be fulfilled?  I've had an order through him for a couple years now. 😁
View Quote

Kevin's order will be heading to Cerakote next week.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Kevin's order will be heading to Cerakote next week.
View Quote

Awesome news! Thanks you Ron. I sincerely appreciate the update!

I've been wanting one of your cans for a very long time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 12:36:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cdholmes] [#20]
@k31user

I sent you an email with measurements for a Gordon collar.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Any good builds using the spikes tapered gas block? I’ve seen Outriders pics with the URX 3.1 and a lot with the FF RAS medium. I have a 3.1 on another build and I’m not paying an absurd price for a FF RAS medium. My only two thoughts right now are G Fed rail or Larue Gooseneck with the block 1/2 exposed ish
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By DackJaniels:
Any good builds using the spikes tapered gas block? I’ve seen Outriders pics with the URX 3.1 and a lot with the FF RAS medium. I have a 3.1 on another build and I’m not paying an absurd price for a FF RAS medium. My only two thoughts right now are G Fed rail or Larue Gooseneck with the block 1/2 exposed ish
View Quote

Cut up a URX4. Or I like the Gooseneck idea
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Ive looked back several pages and haven't seen the otter creek ocm 5 mentioned.  I know its not clone correct but is there any reason not to give one a try?  Local shop has one at a good price.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By leebo14:
Ive looked back several pages and haven't seen the otter creek ocm 5 mentioned.  I know its not clone correct but is there any reason not to give one a try?  Local shop has one at a good price.
View Quote

You won’t see it because this thread is only for OPS Inc or Allen Engineering. No discussion of OCL here.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By leebo14:
is there any reason not to give one a try?
View Quote

The owner is polarizing
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Good to know, sorry for the thread drift
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:05:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Just picked up my AEM5 yesterday after a 6 month wait. Got to try it out and love it. Now I just need one of the Gordon suppressors !
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:23:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cebiNg] [#28]
Originally Posted By KavonTN:
My Smith Vortex mount, I'm told they were a contract run for Canadian SF who didn't want muzzle breaks.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x109/KavonT/Mobile%20Uploads/20150305_144151.jpg" target="_blank">http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x109/KavonT/Mobile%20Uploads/20150305_144151.jpg

With it is an adapter that allows me to mount on a barrel without the profile.

16th model on a 12.5''

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x109/KavonT/20140810_230845.jpg" target="_blank">http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x109/KavonT/20140810_230845.jpg
View Quote

Who made the collar? Ron?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Any word on AEM5/30? I just built a MK12 mod 0 in 6mmARC and I want a can for it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:35:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CMCctx] [#30]
@k31user is there a downside to boring an AEM5 to 30 cal, but mainly being used for 5.56?
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 1:02:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 545superiority:
Any word on AEM5/30? I just built a MK12 mod 0 in 6mmARC and I want a can for it.
View Quote

11 posts above yours is the only recent news. I think Trajectory Arms is gearing up to make them too.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 1:15:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:

11 posts above yours is the only recent news. I think Trajectory Arms is gearing up to make them too.
View Quote

Yes they are. I just finished a batch but are all spoken for once they come back from cerakote.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Are .30 cal brakes available for the Aem5-30 ? I’m thinking of getting  one once they are available from Trajectory  Arms to use on a Tikka super varmint. I know I’ll need to profile the barrel , I don’t believe it has enough meat so I think I’ll have to go with a collar.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By home_alone1:
Are .30 cal brakes available for the Aem5-30 ? I’m thinking of getting  one once they are available from Trajectory  Arms to use on a Tikka super varmint. I know I’ll need to profile the barrel , I don’t believe it has enough meat so I think I’ll have to go with a collar.
View Quote

Yes, contact Ron. I had him turn a mount that was for 6.5 to .30 cal
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 545superiority:
View Quote

See if TA will open the bore on an AEM5 for 6mm if you don’t plan on shooting .30cal. Won’t have to deal with the added length and weight of the AEM5-30.

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By MK3110:

See if TA will open the bore on an AEM5 for 6mm if you don’t plan on shooting .30cal. Won’t have to deal with the added length and weight of the AEM5-30.

View Quote

That’s the route I’d go. 5-30 is a big, heavy can.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By home_alone1:
View Quote

I’m ‘assuming’ that TA would also be spinning up some 5/8x24 mounts to accompany the 5/30’s since they will be producing in higher volumes? Purely speculative on my end however
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#38]

I’m ‘assuming’ that TA would also be spinning up some 5/8x24 mounts to accompany the 5/30’s since they will be producing in higher volumes? Purely speculative on my end however
View Quote

I have a batch of brakes that will be headed to plating this weekend.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#39]

I have a batch of brakes that will be headed to plating this weekend.
View Quote

Anyway I could jump on one of those or are they spoken for?
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Helping a friend with this project. Since I’ve never worked with these before, can I get some input on how to remove it? The Colt barrel it is on shoots 5-6” groups at 25’Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm having a hard time figuring out a concrete answer on this, would a 13.5" Geissele rail work with a 16" BA barrel and am AEM5/OCM5?
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:50:23 PM EDT
[#43]
So uhh has anyone had cans re-cored to be reflex cans such as the AE?

I have an old SpecWar 7.62 that hasn't had a round through it in probably 5 years due to its size and weight. I actually hate it even though it sounds amazing. Wonder if anyone could/would be willing to recore it to be a reflex suppressor that works with the Ops brake and collar
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:52:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By AKoch31:

I have an old SpecWar 7.62 that hasn't had a round through it in probably 5 years due to its size and weight. I actually hate it even though it sounds amazing. Wonder if anyone could/would be willing to recore it to be a reflex suppressor that works with the Ops brake and collar
View Quote

Interesting idea
Seems expensive honestly
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Use it as a doorstop. That’s what I do with mine.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:37:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SlimThiccBob] [#46]
Originally Posted By legomant:
I'm having a hard time figuring out a concrete answer on this, would a 13.5" Geissele rail work with a 16" BA barrel and am AEM5/OCM5?
View Quote

It will not. I have the same setup and had to chop about 1/8" off to get enough clearance for the can. Top pic is OCM5 and the bottom is an AEM5

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:48:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SlimThiccBob] [#47]

View Quote

I know BSD fab works does a bunch of machining with suppressors and changing mounting systems out. You might shoot him a message and see if he could integrate the AE pattern
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#48]

I know BSD fab works does a bunch of machining with suppressors and changing mounting systems out. You might shoot him a message and see if he could integrate the AE pattern
View All Quotes

A 1/2x28 thread, over the barrel reflex blast chamber, and a taper to Ron’s collar spec would be a cool adaptor in the 1.375x24 ecosystem
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

I’m probably wrong but I was under the impression you can’t change the length of your can. So adding a reflex chamber would be a no-go given the distance from the muzzle device to the first baffle in most cans is pretty short, there’s just not enough space to give it the 2.5” or whatever an AEM5 needs from the threads to the taper.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By kaotic504:

I’m probably wrong but I was under the impression you can’t change the length of your can. So adding a reflex chamber would be a no-go given the distance from the muzzle device to the first baffle in most cans is pretty short, there’s just not enough space to give it the 2.5” or whatever an AEM5 needs from the threads to the taper.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kaotic504:

AFAIK that's correct. You can shorten it but not lengthen it.
Page / 101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top