Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 101
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:32:36 PM EDT
[#1]
My AEM5 stamp is approved sitting at a dealer 3 hours away and I’m at home with a newborn. Maybe I can pick it up soon.

I guess I better order some parts to get my rifle together.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Outrider:

I see that Allegiant Arms as well as THSF has them in stock. I've bought from both without issue.

Adco is a major AEM dealer in OH but they show OOS at the moment.
View Quote
Thanks guys. I wanted to go through my dealer as they charge $100 for a transfer, but after this wait and them charging close to full retail on the can I may go ahead and have it transferred in.  I’m giving them a call today for an update and see if they can find out when it will be available directly from Ron.

Has anyone dealt with Allegiant? Solid to deal with, do I need to call and verify it’s actually in stock?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By bimmertech87:

Thanks guys. I wanted to go through my dealer as they charge $100 for a transfer, but after this wait and them charging close to full retail on the can I may go ahead and have it transferred in.  I’m giving them a call today for an update and see if they can find out when it will be available directly from Ron.

Has anyone dealt with Allegiant? Solid to deal with, do I need to call and verify it’s actually in stock?
View Quote
THSF is awesome and shows in stock.

https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=24_67&product_id=236

Hansohn Brothers wait list

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/?_sft_product_brand=allen-engineering
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:20:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#4]
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#5]

View Quote
Allegiant has been good to me. Bought a KAC can from them. Shoot him an email to confirm if you want and he should reply quickly.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By goloud:

Ron isn’t a fan of titanium. I know he’s played with the idea.
View Quote
I remember talking about this a while back Pete.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By k31user:

View Quote
Ron can you elaborate?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Thanks guys. I wanted to go through my dealer as they charge $100 for a transfer, but after this wait and them charging close to full retail on the can I may go ahead and have it transferred in.  I'm giving them a call today for an update and see if they can find out when it will be available directly from Ron.

Has anyone dealt with Allegiant? Solid to deal with, do I need to call and verify it's actually in stock?
View Quote
Talk to Michigan Silencer Co. See what he can do. He usually has knurls stocked and is a clone guy. Mine came from there, tell him haveblue sent ya!
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
Never done business with, but these guys advertise on SH and have them for the cheapest I have seen.

under $600
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I gave my local dealer a buzz ready to tell him to cancel the order and my current plan. As soon as I got my name out he said I got great news for you, we paid for it this week and are waiting for the f3 to clear. Said to check back with them in 2-3 weeks to fill out the form 4.

Thanks everyone for all the help in locating a replacement.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
Sorry. I don’t mean to speak for you. Your machines could be spinning Ti right now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Still no plans for Titanium other than a 1 off for my hunting rifle some day. Just trying to keep up with all the AEM5's and brake orders is as much as I can handle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:44:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Still no plans for Titanium other than a 1 off for my hunting rifle some day. Just trying to keep up with all the AEM5's and brake orders is as much as I can handle.
View Quote
We appreciate it! I’m gonna be picking up another knurled soon for a cool 224V project I’m working on
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:27:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SchlaffTablett] [#14]
Originally Posted By bigbore:
huh?

ETA: If by new development you mean new pics added to the thread, cool.  Good looking pics and nice work.  If by new developments you mean in installation/machining, I need to hire a teenage girl to teach me instrgram and dig up my pictures from 15yrs ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigbore:
Originally Posted By SchlaffTablett:
Thanks for posting those pics up. I was just coming by to see if there have been any new developments in the AEM world only to find that, apparently, we're the development.
huh?

ETA: If by new development you mean new pics added to the thread, cool.  Good looking pics and nice work.  If by new developments you mean in installation/machining, I need to hire a teenage girl to teach me instrgram and dig up my pictures from 15yrs ago.
Yeah, that’s exactly what I meant. I just wanted to see if there was anything going on in this thread and was surprised someone bothered to post some work we did. I never said it was new, innovative, the coolest shit on the planet or otherwise so you can relax, everyone here knows ADCO is the big dick in the locker room when it comes to barrel mods and AE related goodness. I do appreciate the compliment on the install though, it was a pretty fun project.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Well I gave my local dealer a buzz ready to tell him to cancel the order and my current plan. As soon as I got my name out he said I got great news for you, we paid for it this week and are waiting for the f3 to clear. Said to check back with them in 2-3 weeks to fill out the form 4.

View Quote
PM me the dealer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#16]
PM me the dealer.
View All Quotes

PM me the dealer.
I’m sent
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#17]
AEM5 Stamp update

TRUST with 1 RP

Order submitted 10/25/2019
Check cashed 11/07/2019
Stamp approved 01/25/2020
Stamp arrived 02/01/2020

92 Days from submitting the application to stamp approval.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:31:56 PM EDT
[#18]
What measurements do I need to send Ron for a M4 AEM5 collar?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By TexasTerror:
What measurements do I need to send Ron for a M4 AEM5 collar?

Thanks in advance.
View Quote
Distance from bare muzzle to step. Diameter before and after step. If it's a short barrel, measure from the bare muzzle to the gas block as well.
Ron
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Distance from bare muzzle to step. Diameter before and after step. If it's a short barrel, measure from the bare muzzle to the gas block as well.
Ron
View Quote
Thanks Ron.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Allegiant has been good to me. Bought a KAC can from them. Shoot him an email to confirm if you want and he should reply quickly.
View All Quotes

Thanks guys. I wanted to go through my dealer as they charge $100 for a transfer, but after this wait and them charging close to full retail on the can I may go ahead and have it transferred in.  I'm giving them a call today for an update and see if they can find out when it will be available directly from Ron.

Has anyone dealt with Allegiant? Solid to deal with, do I need to call and verify it's actually in stock?
I'm assuming you're talking about Allegiant Arms in Utah?

If so, Sheldon is great to work with. He and I became friends a while ago and do business often.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 11:27:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By unclemoak:
I'm assuming you're talking about Allegiant Arms in Utah?

If so, Sheldon is great to work with. He and I became friends a while ago and do business often.
View Quote
I think he's in AZ but Sheldon is a good dude. He used to post here a good bit but I guess his business takes his time now. Probably a similar story with somebody else.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone have any info about these setups?  Looks like they were used by CT State Police SWAT and were sold as trade ins not too long ago.  Still trying to find out where they were available from.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:04:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Not sure where they came from, but a friend of mine ended up with one. I am still kinda jealous.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:07:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By white-rhyno:
Not sure where they came from, but a friend of mine ended up with one. I am still kinda jealous.
View Quote
Yeah the more I look at them, the more I want one.  Do you know the specs of the upper and can?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:14:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Attachment Attached File

Only pic i have got so far. Appears to be a colt upper, LaRue HG? He got the can also. Ops 15th model. I will try to track down more pics.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:22:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: white-rhyno] [#27]
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:35:55 AM EDT
[#28]
If that’s a 9” Larue then it may be possible to do a 12.5” carbine gas barrel with a M4 AEM5 collar and a AEM5 for a pretty close look.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:54:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for the pictures.  I think I saw a couple of those in one of the FB groups.  Did your buddy tell you where he picked them up from?  I know they're long gone though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I remember those guys.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Those are cool. Looks like a HBAR type barrel that was turned down so the collar could be put in place?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Found out they were sold through a shop in CT.  $699 for the upper and can.  One guy said they were heavily used, but still a damn good deal IMO.  I may try to put together something similar with my AEM5.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:
Found out they were sold through a shop in CT.  $699 for the upper and can.  One guy said they were heavily used, but still a damn good deal IMO.  I may try to put together something similar with my AEM5.
View Quote
I’m tempted to do the same as I currently have a 10.5” upper with a 9” Larue rail on a SBR lower. This would allow me to use my AEM5 instead of my sdn6.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#34]

I’m tempted to do the same as I currently have a 10.5” upper with a 9” Larue rail on a SBR lower. This would allow me to use my AEM5 instead of my sdn6.
View Quote
I may end up building it in 300BLK, since my latest AEM5 was bored to .30 cal at the factory by Ron.  Now I just have to pick up a .30 cal brake.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Now I just have to pick up a .30 cal brake.
View Quote
You and me both.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#36]

I may end up building it in 300BLK, since my latest AEM5 was bored to .30 cal at the factory by Ron.  Now I just have to pick up a .30 cal brake.
View Quote
I would love to hear subsonic blackout out of the AEM5.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

You and me both.
View All Quotes

You and me both.
I emailed Ron about buying one.  I bought a 6.5 brake from him when I ordered the .30 AEM5

I would love to hear subsonic blackout out of the AEM5.
I originally bought the .30 AEM5 for a Grendel build, but I've been wanting to put together a 300BLK just for that reason.  Theses Larue setups just gave me a good idea for it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey guys I am getting ready to order a couple of AE cans. The first being an AEM5 which is bored for .30. The second I am wanting is for a CAR-15/Black Hawk Down build on my Commando. Does anyone know what the AE equivalent is to the 15th model? Also what sort of mounting provisions are needed for the 11.5 HRT/HBAR barrel? Would it also mount the same way to a 10.3" MK18 barrel?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By no_cigar:
Hey guys I am getting ready to order a couple of AE cans. The first being an AEM5 which is bored for .30. The second I am wanting is for a CAR-15/Black Hawk Down build on my Commando. Does anyone know what the AE equivalent is to the 15th model? Also what sort of mounting provisions are needed for the 11.5 HRT/HBAR barrel? Would it also mount the same way to a 10.3" MK18 barrel?

Thanks!
View Quote
Check the first post of the thread.

But to answer your question, AEM3.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By no_cigar:

Thanks!
View Quote
@no_cigar sent you an email.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:55:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: no_cigar] [#41]

Check the first post of the thread.

But to answer your question, AEM3.
View Quote
indeed. I glazed right over that last tidbit. Thanks!

@SpyHawk replied.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 3:20:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HARMS4X] [#42]
Love this can. set my bolt gun up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 12:04:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Something just got home. Going to call Ron in the morning to try and get a M4 AEM5 collar ordered and a brake kit.

Pretty excited. Just wish I had a rifle ready for it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#45]
What's the thread pitch of the aem5?
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Dinnertime:
What's the thread pitch of the aem5?
View Quote
M22 x 1
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#47]

M22 x 1
View Quote
Thanks for the info, was hoping to find an off the shelf 16in bolt gun I could have machined to fit my aem5 without using a brake and collar. Unless I want to rebarrel something that's off the table for right now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Not really designed to be used without a brake.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 2:43:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dinnertime] [#49]
Not really designed to be used without a brake.
View Quote
Thank you for not letting me screw up my can

Guess I'll cut the barrel down to 14.5 and pin it. Any issues with machining the taper on the barrel instead of using a collar? Or should I just use a collar?
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Something just got home. Going to call Ron in the morning to try and get a M4 AEM5 collar ordered and a brake kit.

Pretty excited. Just wish I had a rifle ready for it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/276497/178082EF-FE07-4BCA-B31D-7E1D7BA4CBBB_jpe-1283471.JPG
View Quote

I went the opposite route. Instead of an AEM4, I get to stare at this for 10-12 months.
Page / 101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top