Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2015 12:27:06 PM EDT
Wasn't sure where to post this but here goes… I'm looking to purchase two suppressors, one for a Glock 9mm the other for my AR-15s. I've been doing some research on them but am still not sure of the best way to go about this. Should I go the trust route or register myself (corporation - single member LLC)? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Suggest you go to SilencerTalk.  All suppressor issues covered there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I went the trust route. No CLEO sign off requirements, no fingerprints. Also, anyone in my trust can use the items without me present (a few family members and I are in a trust together). IMO its the easiest and most versatile way to go.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]
silencertalk like ratbat said or here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote

We have a very knowledgable suppressor forum here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Do a trust and list all of your family members who you want to have access to them. I have a 22 specific , a 45 pistol suppressor and a 30 cal QD for the rifles. That way I can interchange and use them on multiple guns.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Trust

Snag a Ti-rant for $399 and a cheap specwar 556/762 if you're fine with last gen tech.

Otherwise, look for top dollar options from SHOT Show
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Trust

Snag a Ti-rant for $399 and a cheap specwar 556/762 if you're fine with last gen tech.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trust

Specwar is hardly last gen tech.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Trust is a good route if you plan to buy multiple NFA items
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trust

I'm not trying to be negative, I have a specwar in Jail.
What's the proper way to phrase it when we see blow out pirces (379)?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trust

Where'd you see Specwar's for $379?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trust

I believe it was Cherokee gun and pawn?  Don't think they have anymore though.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Went the trust route via a purchase of one from Silencer Shop. Also used their Silencer Shop Direct option.   Bought a Griffon Revolution 9 and a SiCo Omega.  All in all if I had known it was that easy I would have got into this years ago.   Ridiculously easy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I believe it was Cherokee gun and pawn?  Don't think they have anymore though.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ah ok, yeah they had the 556 specwar's for $379 back in Dec. You're seeing the AAC deals due to them moving and blowing out inventory to dealers at rock bottom prices. I'd imagine the SilencerCo deals are to move old inventory and make room for the new products.. I have a tirant 9, 45 and specwar 762 all pending form 3's and I don't believe I'll be disappointed with any of them.. especially at the prices I purchased them at..

Quoted:
Went the trust route via a purchase of one from Silencer Shop. Also used their Silencer Shop Direct option.   Bought a Griffon Revolution 9 and a SiCo Omega.  All in all if I had known it was that easy I would have got into this years ago.   Ridiculously easy.

I agree, I wish I had gotten into the NFA game years ago.. setup my trust in May '14 and its almost time to make a second page for my Rev. Schedule A
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:10:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wasn't sure where to post this but here goes… I'm looking to purchase two suppressors, one for a Glock 9mm the other for my AR-15s. I've been doing some research on them but am still not sure of the best way to go about this. Should I go the trust route or register myself (corporation - single member LLC)? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
View Quote

I suppose it depends on the state and what you need to may need to file on behalf of the LLC annually. For example, Ohio makes it easy to go LLC since there is no annual upkeep and just a one time fee to set it up.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I suppose it depends on the state and what you need to may need to file on behalf of the LLC annually. For example, Ohio makes it easy to go LLC since there is no annual upkeep and just a one time fee to set it up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is true.  Some states allow LLC's to be very user friendly, and it provides a lot of versatility.  However, for most of us, a Trust is the way to go.  I wrote a tutorial a while back on Officer.com titled: "Taking the Trust Route to the NFA."  You should be able to Google it.  

As for what suppressors to get, I would suggest at least three: .22 can (SilencerCo Sparrow or Spectre?), centerfire pistol can in .45, so you can shoot 9, 40, or 45 (SilencerCo Octane 45 or AAC TiRant 45), and a rifle can in .30cal, so you can shoot .223, 300BLK, .308win, etc. (SilencerCo Omega or Saker, or AAC SDN-6.)

These will give you the most versatility between your firearms, and are all very good suppressors.  

For more info, search for the thread in this subforum titled: "If you could only have 3 or 4 suppressors, which ones would you get?"

If you wanted to start branching out, I would suggest getting dedicated 9mm handgun suppressors (they work a little better than 45 suppressors with 9mm) and a dedicated 5.56 suppressor (they are shorter and lighter than .30cal suppressors.)  However, these would be numbers 4 and 5, with a second .22 can being number 6.  I didn't take my own advice, so I can only shoot 5.56 and .22  suppressed, and am waiting on my stamps to shoot my 300BLK, 7.62x39, and .308win rifles (I bought a 5.56 suppressor first, and am now waiting on my .30cal can).
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

ah ok, yeah they had the 556 specwar's for $379 back in Dec. You're seeing the AAC deals due to them moving and blowing out inventory to dealers at rock bottom prices. I'd imagine the SilencerCo deals are to move old inventory and make room for the new products.. I have a tirant 9, 45 and specwar 762 all pending form 3's and I don't believe I'll be disappointed with any of them.. especially at the prices I purchased them at..

I agree, I wish I had gotten into the NFA game years ago.. setup my trust in May '14 and its almost time to make a second page for my Rev. Schedule A
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I'm saying. It was wrong to say specwar was old tech but $379 556 and multiple current sales on 762s for $499 tell me that the Omega etc have to be significantly better. I'm confident in my purchase and wanted to convey those prices/sales to the OP.

And yes, Cherokee gun and pawn in GA.
$399 shipped and $33 transfer
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:28:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I see you guys talk about Cherokee Gun and Pawn, but when I check their site, literally nothing shows up for anything.  What gives?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:13:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I see you guys talk about Cherokee Gun and Pawn, but when I check their site, literally nothing shows up for anything.  What gives?
View Quote

They have a member here and they have a land line
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top