Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank Sean. You know you're part of the NFA brotherhood  and you have all of our respect for what you do. It is going to take people like you that won't allow the meaningless bashing that has unfortunately happened in the suppressor industry. I don't understand it and avoid it the best I can. I love hanging out with the guys from the other companies when I get a chance and respect their work. Hell I was with cool cat Kel on a Texas hunt in April and had dinner with him in Dallas.
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Garin, you have made your point. Hell, you didn't even need too. 9/10 people in "the know" know what surefire is and does. There may be a quieter product out there, but with surefire there is never a question of the quality and customer service that comes with it. And dare i say it, surefire is pretty darn innovative. If Surefire is an option, surefire is the answer.

Green0, just move on.. its getting old. We all know what you are saying, and I hate to say it, but nobody cares. Surefire gave CTD permission to film and "release" this product that has never been seen before, and here you come along with your agenda to rain on this parade. You really aren't doing anything but damaging your cause.

/Rant off
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I have. Only heard and shot one Surefire can. It was rock solid, light and sounded great. The next rifle can I get will say Surefire on it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Kudu, how you conducted yourself in this thread speaks volumes to Surefire's credibility and professionalism.  It's easy to get caught up with the haters and baiters and stoop to their level, you didn't.  Well done, and I'm proud to call myself a Surefire customer.  I don't post too much here on ARFCOM because good threads tend to always get derailed by trolls, but I'm glad I read this thread. It confirms what I already knew about Surefire.  

Green-O... Dude... Anyone that comes across your trolling posts only pushes business away from you.  You will never gain business by setting out to destroy others.  If you want keep embarrassing yourself and your company then by all means don't stop doing what your doing.  I hate to see this stuff in the shooting community, it does no one any good and looks childish.

CTD, thanks for the article.  Very excited to see these cans in action
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#5]
kudu do you have a guestimate on what kind of $ we are talking for the 5.56 can in FDE?

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a can and I'm very curious about pricing.

Derek
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 8:22:05 AM EDT
[#6]
derekv814 if you have the chance to wait just for a little bit longer to pull the trigger I promise you will love what is coming down the pipe all the way around. I honestly wish I could let the cat out of the bag on all the details including pricing but you are going to love it. There is a lot of new technology in these and I have to get all the dealers spun up first.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 8:37:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
GreenO we do not have a credibility issue with the suppressor community. We are not dB chasers and we do not participate in guerilla tactics of attempting to elevate our suppressors performance by claiming the “other” companies data/product is not on par.  We are more than willing to stand behind our products that are built for the world war fighters and LE professionals and concern ourselves with a lot more than just a dB rating.  When we do those things if benefits the commercial market more than they would expect.

You have again and again made attempts to discredit SureFire and other companies products to make your product look good…you honestly think you should be giving advice on what our company or any other company should do to gain credibility? I have asked you before and will do it again. Do not comment on our products with your advice or “expertise”. You need to stay focused on your product only.

Wrong.  I've simply stated why independent testing authorities have a point when they say Surefire should be involved.   I haven't attempted to discredit Surefire in an effort to make my products look better.  What I've done is established the case for independent testing of Surefire products.  I've explained how it would fill the current void that does exist with regard to Surefire sound performance specifications (that as far as I know are unpublished or don't exist).   The car without EPA mileage or horsepower ratings argument does apply (no automotive companies that I am aware of fail to provide this information).  I don't believe a product has to be a DB chaser to be a good product.  I never said that.  

I don't know where you feel the need to tell me what I can and cannot comment on.  Free speech exists, and I've served 9 years in the military and won't relinquish my rights as an American cavalierly.

The fact of the matter- if the sound performance is something Surefire is proud of (and maybe they are and have good reason to be), there should be no issue with providing that information to the consumer in a manner that is clear, understandable, and comparable to other products.  As it is, the only issue I have, is that non-disclosure, and intentional partial disclosure (DB readings cited by reps without test parameters) are a red herring and make no sense to my logical brain.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#8]
my love / hate affair with Surefire continues.  Their suppressors are the best out there from my experience.  To me the sound great and flat out work, the new offerings look great, really great.  Why on earth do they have to be priced so expensive.   Maybe its the additional fees doing business in Kali impose on the LLC..........

looks good SF!
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
derekv814 if you have the chance to wait just for a little bit longer to pull the trigger I promise you will love what is coming down the pipe all the way around. I honestly wish I could let the cat out of the bag on all the details including pricing but you are going to love it. There is a lot of new technology in these and I have to get all the dealers spun up first.

Roger that.

I will be waiting to see what comes down the pipeline on this new can. Looking forward to seeing/hearing the details.

Derek
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 2:41:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd be very interested in a muzzle brake for the new mount.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Are the mounts backwards compatible?  I didn't see that mentioned.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are the mounts backwards compatible?  I didn't see that mentioned.

I will make an educated guess that an old suppressor will not mount on the new FH pictured.  I don't believe the that the taper inside the QD mechanism of the older cans contains the indexing relief necessary to accomodate the new protrusion on the rearmost part of the FH.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, please tell me I will still be able to buy mounts for my two Surefire cans I am waiting for stamps!
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/10/2012 5:53:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I may have missed it Garin,
Will I be able to slap this new can on my old mounts?

I'm hoping so because I'm a bit "invested" in Surefire MB556Ks.
Link Posted: 5/10/2012 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#16]
His response on Majors forum a couple days ago.

[Kudu22]It is not cross compatible....reason i say that is the new suppressor do not have a index pin in the back section any more. They have a groove/notch in the very rear of the back section and the adapter has tab. We did that because the indexing points are in a non carbon area and the suppressor will not get stuck after long firing strings or leaving it on for extended periods. With that said you can put a SOCOM suppressor on a old adapter but you will not have a index system. It locks on by grabbing the suppressor and the lock ring and twist in opposite directions. reverse to take it off. Once locked you can turn it 360 degrees. It does not wobble or is any other movement than the rotational axis that is always in line with then bore but our official stance it is not compatible due to not only being a pain in the rear to put on and off but some people think wobble is the same as axis rotation.  Hope this makes sense. I am coming out with "new" adapters that you will be able to pin as well

Link Posted: 5/10/2012 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#17]
We will continue for some time to make the current adapters. The top sellers will live on longer than others. Yes you can put the SOCOM on a current adapter (You can not put a current suppressor on a SOCOM adapter) but you will need to be aware you will not have that indexing system. The suppressor will not turn as you shoot but you can with enough force twist the suppressor (axis rotation). The suppressor bore will always be in line with the rifle bore.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#18]
These look like great new cans.  

In the blog post in the OP, he mentions the vented baffle that maintains a constant cyclic rate in full auto weapons.  Am I correct in assuming it reduces back pressure in the gas system?  One of my main complaints with my current 5.56mm can is the amount of blowback I get out of the ejection port (I'm left handed).  

Do these new cans reduce blowback?
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 4:07:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Good to know, thanks Garin!
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Before this drops off the last page...any news on the RC suppressors?

CMS
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 4:42:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Before this drops off the last page...any news on the RC suppressors?

CMS

If you want to know more, E-mail Garin Lee.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Might be shipping sometime in 2013.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Might be shipping sometime in 2013.

Where did you come up with that?
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Your rep. is not correct. I am in fact building over a 1000 SOCOM suppressors in differnt models right now and should have them all completed by the end of the month. Orders for distributors are all ready in the system and dealers will be next. I also dropped the price on every new SOCOM model as well. Can't beat having better suppressor with new technology that was adopted by SOCOM with a better price.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Your rep. is not correct. I am in fact building over a 1000 SOCOM suppressors in differnt models right now and should have them all completed by the end of the month. Orders for distributors are all ready in the system and dealers will be next. I also dropped the price on every new SOCOM model as well. Can't beat having better suppressor with new technology that was adopted by SOCOM with a better price.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#28]
When might we get idea on pricing?
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Please make my day and tell me some of those are MINIs
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#30]
A lot of them are SOCOM556-MINI and SOCOM762-MINI. Building M3's order now. Since I have been getting a lot of pricing requests I will just put it out. Dealers are getting the price sheets soon.

This is MSRP.

SOCOM556-MINI $1299
SOCOM556-MINI MONSTER $1349
SOCOM556-RC (suppressor for the SOCOM contract) $1375
SOCOM556-MONSTER $1425
SOCOM556-SB (for barrels -10") $1399
SOCOM556-MG $1699
SOCOM762-RC (suppressor for the SOCOM contract) $1799
SOCOM762-MINI $1399
SOCOM762-MG $$1875
SOCOM-68 $1425
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Ordered a 556K can in tan about 4 months ago. My dealer should have it soon he hopes. Im sure is the old model dang it. On a side note any time line on the .22 cans?
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#32]
My first can will be a 762-RC.  I'm excited.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My first can will be a 762-RC.  I'm excited.

Mine too
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Other than the new mounting attachment, is there a significant differnce between the 762 mini released last year and this new one?
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Please tell us more about the Short Barrel Can!! I am looking at cans specifically for a 10" barrel
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#37]
The SOCOM556-SB has the same features as the SOCOM556-RC  with the vented blast baffle and new blast shield in the back section for longer service life and all the new gas flow dynamics but we opened up the bore for the possibility of a unstable bullet from barrels shorter then 10".  On a 10" you could go with either the RC or SB.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The SOCOM556-SB has the same features as the SOCOM556-RC  with the vented blast baffle and new blast shield in the back section for longer service life and all the new gas flow dynamics but we opened up the bore for the possibility of a unstable bullet from barrels shorter then 10".  On a 10" you could go with either the RC or SB.

Ohhh well that is not for me.  Mini it is.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 12:25:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What is the difference between the SOCOM556-MINI & SOCOM556-MINI MONSTER?
Also what is the weight on these compared to the old MINI?
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 12:34:49 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The SOCOM556-SB has the same features as the SOCOM556-RC with the vented blast baffle and new blast shield in the back section for longer service life and all the new gas flow dynamics but we opened up the bore for the possibility of a unstable bullet from barrels shorter then 10". On a 10" you could go with either the RC or SB.

What is the difference between the SOCOM556-MINI & SOCOM556-MINI MONSTER?

Also what is the weight on these compared to the old MINI?

Monsters have little "teeth" on the front. For striking things w/o shooting I think. I hope it is for some other purpose as it is kinda stupid if you ask me, but it is what it is. Striking things with your muzzle really just says "fuck it" about safety discipline.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 3:05:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Muzzle tapping someone for compliance rather than shooting them can be useful. It's not something you do often but it does happen. Another, even more useful use, is using it to break glass.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#42]
That is correct for the MINI MOSTER and MONSTER. A special group in the military requested teeth on the suppressor as they do practice muzzle strikes as a non-lethal tactical when doing certain types of insertions in very small space. They go in weapons up and ready and it gives them time to move personal and assess if the people they are encountering are combatants or armed. We understand it is not for everyone’s needs.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#43]
I cant watch the video (blocked on NIPR) and it's tough filtering out the facts from GreenO's pussy-whining. A couple of questions Kudu:

I've got a 556k and a 762k paid for and waiting on the ATF. Do I need to stock up on mounts? I am concerned about endeding up with a few thousand dollars worth of orphanware supressors.

Will the K series continue to be made? I would like at least another 556, probably one of each since I have already bought 6 mounts and might need to buy more.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#45]
sigh,
My 212 is being transferred to my dealer right now.

Looks like these will be less money too.
Maybe they will sell for MSRP for a while, at least that way I wont want to jump off a bridge.
I paid well under MSRP for my 212

I cant stand the idea of getting one of the last batch of suppressors before a new and improved model comes out... that actually costs less.......

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Will all of the flash suppressors be four prong?
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Ok I think I can get all the answers in.

Yes we are going to continue to make the current suppressors and popular adapters. We still have certain contracts on them.

New MB's are being built right now in 1/2-28 and 5/8-24 up next. Pinning and welding is easy on the adapters. We put pilot holes at the back collar that you can drill and pin.

Flash hiders are a new patent pending 3 prong that doesn't have that pronounced ringing and barely...barley hear it when suppressor is on.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That is correct for the MINI MOSTER and MONSTER. A special group in the military requested teeth on the suppressor as they do practice muzzle strikes as a non-lethal tactical when doing certain types of insertions in very small space. They go in weapons up and ready and it gives them time to move personal and assess if the people they are encountering are combatants or armed. We understand it is not for everyone’s needs.

Cool thanks for clearing that up.
Is the weight of the SOCOM556-MINI the same as the old MINI?
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Wow that 4 page read was entertaining. Keep up the good work Kudu and SF!
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Any update on these?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top