Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 5:40:11 PM EDT
I have a Phantom QD w/ the pinapple texture...I have some regular QD mounts, but have a PWS FSC YHM mount on my 10.5" build.  I know YHM will not warrenty on non YHM mounts, (even though they have colluded to use the same design, which I am sure is licenses)...does it help to reduce any wear on blast baffles vs std Phantom flash hider QD mount?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#1]
do some searching, there's at least one long thread on this exact topic.  The concensus seemed to be that, yes, it did help significantly to reduce wear on the blast baffle.

The other problem with YHM f/h QD mounts is that they have that sharp edge that the burnt powder gets tossed straight into and "erodes".  I haven't shot mine hardly at all and I can already see where it's starting to get knawed at by the powder particles and general "blast" coming out of the muzzle.

Also, the fit and finish on the PWS piece is SOOOO much nicer than the YHM QD flashiders.  It's just a WAY nicer piece in general.  If I'd have seen it sooner, I'd have bought them for all the rifles that my YHM cans go on.

cheers, Benji
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Benji - does the FSC suppress flash much?  On PWS's website it says that it "provides... enough flash suppression to keep the flash out of your optics and line of sight", but then it says, "All of the FSC Series muzzle devices have been classified as a non-flash suppressing device by the BATFE."

Is it just not enough flash suppression to hide the flash from people around?

They're expensive, but I'm interested in getting one in the future.  I'd especially like one in 7.62 if/when they come out with one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Think "lots of flash" but to the sides.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top