Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 3:03:27 PM EDT
I'm looking at finally starting my stamp collection but am only able to start small at the moment.
The firearms I'd like to use it together with (small to large) 5.45 Tantal, 5.56 ar HBAR, 308 R700 SPS V, and a 7.62x54r (actually .310) PSL
Now all of these except the tantal would be having new threads put on the right way, and of course still have the tantal checked to verify it's concentric.
I don't know if there's a preferred threading for multi use that would fit on these barrels correctly.

Are normal .308 can's safe to send 7.62x54r through since it's a tiny bit bigger? I'm not sure just how much clearance is given or safe.
I don't know if any company makes a quick detach system  that would fit them all or what. I did try the search function and read through the 14 pages I have access to but have been unable to sort it out for myself.

Normally I'd be one to buy the right can for each, but it just isn't feasible at the moment as it would rule out me being able to afford getting a trust set up properly.
I spoke to someone on the phone at my preferred funstore who also happens to be a class3 but the guy was unsure.

Thank you in advance for any information you care to share.
Also I'm in the Daytona beach area should any of you know a stocking dealer of recommended can in state or even area.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:50:41 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks to fit all I need pending a verification from them on acceptable rounds.

Thanks for the quick response
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot 7.62 x 39 through my AAC Cyclone, the actual bore size in the can differs from the rifle.  AAC's is supposed to be .360"  at the end cap.  Mine measured +.001 over that dimension.  I guess if you had the balls you could shoot .338 through it, if the barrel was threaded perfectly concentric.  I for one will not be trying that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#4]
AAC 762SD, quieter than YHM, eight onces lighter, but you need to verify it will take 7.62x54 pressure, Blast Baffle Aperture .350
Exit Baffle/End cap Aperture .375
and QD mounts in many thread sizes,
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#5]
The YHM is good to go for the 7.62x54R's pressure and slightly larger diameter - I emailed YHM and asked a good while ago.  Just make sure you clean it real well if you shoot corrosive surplus ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top