Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2002 6:50:26 AM EDT
I have an old Ruger Mark II handgun that I want to put a scope on.  I would like to drill and tap the scope mounting holes just like the newer production models. Can anyone tell me what the hole locations are?  I think there are three holes.  Thanks for the help.

Link Posted: 3/7/2002 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Look for a pistolsmith that has the special jig for that.
I had a 'smith do it that didn't have the jig, and it came out OK.  He used the scopemount base as the jig, I guess.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Instructions for drilling and tapping the Mark II are available from Ruger. I'd try contacting Ruger Service.

Sturm Ruger & Co.
Product Service Department
200 Ruger Road
Prescott, AZ 86301-6181
520-778-6555

Also, this is the mount that I used to mount a scope on my Mark II - http://www.jackweigand.com/rm2fd.html
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:27:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Tasco makes an red dot sight that will mount using special rings that press fit against the curves of the Ruger Mark II.  I've got one of these and they work great.  No holes are necessary and the little .22 shoots sub 1" groups at 25 yards all day long.  Mine is all stainless (color...no blue) and looks good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top