Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2002 5:49:30 PM EDT
tactical stocks.com - $125
badger - $299
DD ross - around $300 or so
i noticed that the one on tactical stocks insnt as deep BUT, it seems worth the savings. anyone have any experience w/these? strength etc, anyone compare them in person?

i understand that a steel triggerguard isnt necessary for most uses, but after all...how much really is? this is not a matter of need, just want. ;)

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I just built a m40a3 clone this summer and used the DD Ross trigger guard base and rings.  Damn expensive stuff, but it is really awsome.  Not sure on the others.  I will try to post a pic later.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:29:55 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're gonna shoot from a bench or prone at known distance targets, don't waste your money.  I have yet to see someone break the factory BDL assembly.

Now if you will be doing fieldcraft, UKD shooting, stalking, then yes, take a look at the badger or the DDRoss assembly for added durability.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:16:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll agree with Kcsturm.  Building an accurate rifle is not rocket science.  What sets the G&A Precision, I.B.A., and T.B.A. and other rifles apart from others is not what they can do from the bench, but what they can do in the field after you've dragged them through the woods bouncing them off everthing in sight.  The metal triggerguard is one of the parts used to "bullet-proof" these rifles.  IMHO, if you're shooting does not place these demands on your rifle...save your money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top