Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/6/2002 5:40:43 PM EDT
What's a fair price for these?

Who is importing them?

any thoughts on condition before I buy?

thanks!
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:54:35 PM EDT
I think that they are gone. There may be a few places that still have one, most likely at a higher price than you would have paid earlier. Check a site dealing with c&r and ask the same question.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:43:28 AM EDT
I have an FR-8 that I bought aomost 10 years ago for about $100 at a show.
Chambered in .308, 18" barrel, chrome lined, unissued. Mauser Lage Ring 98 action and stepped Mauser barrel.
Best buy I ever made. Excellent shooter..bolt is sloppy as hell but it doesn't seem to matter.
They go for about $175 now, but not many around.
I completely sporterized mine. My first rifle.
I shoot reduced loads (13 grs. of Red Dot with a 125 gr. Spire point. It's like shooting a .22 without the high pitch noise. You can shoot these .308 loads all day long & dead on out to 150 yds. And, 13 gr. of Red Dot costs pennies a round, and at those pressures the cases last indefinitely.
I am having fun
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:47:51 AM EDT
Good place to keep an eye out for one:
www.gunboards.com/trader/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Headlines&BID=1&SID=
There's one posted for sale (Mar 5th).

Good place to ask questions about them:
www.gunboards.com/forums/
Scroll down to the "CETME and FR-8 Forum".

LL
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:06:30 AM EDT
I paid $189 from Aim surplus for mine last summer. Supply seems to have dried up lately but they are still out there. If you have your C&R license, check out this site http://www.allans-armory.com/spain.html
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 9:36:32 AM EDT
Don't know what part of the country your in or if you have the Big 5 sporting goods chain locally - but they do have FR8s - the one that I saw was pretty beat up though or I would have bought it myself. Oh yeah, IIRC, they were ~$175 or so.
Top Top