Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2002 7:50:31 PM EDT
Is Springfield Armory .45 Mil Spec. worth buying?  I love 1911 style pistols but I can't afford to pay $800 or more for Wilson Combat, Kimber, and Para Ordnance.  I can get this Mil Spec one for under 500 bucks.  I guess my question boils down to what is the most affordable 1911 gun to use as basis for customization?  I gradually want to customize it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I forgot to mention it but I want the full size version.  I hate compact guns.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#2]
just picked one up a couple days ago.. very nice!.. have read other positives from other members.. sounds like many use the mil-spec for customized base.

Bravo5-2
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I think SA makes a great 1911!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Nothing wrong with Springfield 1911's. I'm not sure if the mil-spec auto's handle hollow point ammo really well or not though. But with ball it should be very reliable. Accurate too. A lot of people use to use the Norinco 1911-A1 as a platform for customization. They were cheap. I'm not sure what the price is on those now or even if they are easy to find, but there were a few floating around a couple of years ago. I have seen mil-spec Springfield's going for $500-$550, some of them even used. So if you can get it for a good price and want a 1911, you will probably be pleased with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top