Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2002 7:18:29 PM EDT
is it the memory that goes first, or......, now where did i lay those keys........??

several years ago i got a brochure from some place lyke Franklin Mint (?) they were selling/taking orders for a VN commemorative AR15s......

does any one here have any info on this rifle ? who made them ?? what wud you pay for one ?? i thynk i saw one advertised in a gun mag./rag or on the .net, i do not recall, but the price was $2,500 (???????????)

i have been searching for that brochure for 5 days now, i guess the Martians stole it !!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Those things were major ugly.  Gold doodads just don't look right on a black rifle.

It was a postban rifle.  I can't remember who made the damn thing, but if I had one I would also run to the hardware store for a can of black spraypaint.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:14:40 AM EDT
[#2]
C_R,
you're a funny one !! ya.., i gotta admit that GOLD on a black Rifle does look a bit gaudy !!
are you shure it was "post-ban" ??? it seems to me that i got that brochure over 10 years ago...

do you recall the price tag ??

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:22:58 AM EDT
[#3]
My memory is with Chairborne_Ranger. I,too, think it was a postban unit. I saw it advertised in Guns and Ammo for a couple of months near the front. You know where all the comens are, but come to think of it, I think I remember a bayonet offered with it!? Could that be?
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:37:01 AM EDT
[#4]
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS...........!!

i do remember there being a bayo as part of the package......

do you recall who made it ? i thot it was Colt, but i can not find any info on it, if any one has a back issue of G&A, or a link to the "VN Commemorative"......., please post it or any info pertaining to that rifle...........

thanx
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:35:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Can't remember CactusJack, but I will look aorund the shop for some old issues.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 6:23:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I have seen two different ones....

One was a Colt, and one was a Bushmaster.  Both had all the damn Gold inlay all over the place.  Both of the ones I saw were at the DFW gun shows, and had been fired/used, but were in good shape.

Neither was ridiculously priced... IIRC, both around $1500-$2000, and both prebans.  IIRC that is.

And both, were "neat", and BUTT UGLY.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#7]
they have offered both pre and post ban versions.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#8]
There's one listed for sale on Gunsamerica now for $2500.00, supposedly unfired with the display case.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I can remember a pre-ban version (but I don't know if it was VN commemorative or not).

I specifically remember that it was a Colt and had a gold plated birdcage flash hider.  Other parts like forward assist, dust cover, etc were also gold plated.

I saw one in a local gun shop a few years ago for around $2000.  Again, I remember the gold trim, that it was made by Colt and had some sort of "Certificate of Authenticity".  But I don't know if it was a Viet Nam commemorative.

LL
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:19:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Certificate of Authenticity, a piece of paper that cost 12 cents and raises the price of the gun by 500.00.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Could this be the AR15?
In the ATF firearms curios or relics list (3-2001) section II page 19, Colt AR-15 Sporter "The viet Nam Tribute Colt special Edition" .223 cal. semiautomatic rifle, bearing the American Historical Foundation registry numbers of VT0001 through VT1500. Could be. I believe seeing this AR15 for sale in some military magazine in the early 90's. Maybe even 1990. I think it had gold dragons imprinted on the lower receiver.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:41:30 AM EDT
[#13]
i never actually saw one of the VN Commem's, but i did save the brochure..........., but can't find the damn thyng now........... grrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I found an ad in the June 1989 issue of Guns&Ammo.  Needless to say the rifle was pre-ban.  It was offered by the American Historical Foundation and the price was $1995.  It was a limited edition of 1500 rifles in honor of the Vietnam War.  They were produced by Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#15]
SP1 handguards?
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Yep, it had the A1 style stock and handguards, but they had a textured finish
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top