Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2002 6:29:57 PM EDT
lately I have really been considering buying a G3(HK91, SAR8,....). As many of you are aware there are lots of choices when it come to this firearm. so this is where you guys come in. I was hoping some of you could provide me with some constructive info on the best variant out there.
what i am aiming for is a rifle that is as close to the HK91 as possible without the high price.
I have heard there are some really crappy companies making these clones so please feel free to talk trash if you think it is warranted.

Ian
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:04:45 PM EDT
Anything with a Hesse receiver blows, anything made or distributed by FAC, blows. Interordnance is good for G3A3 kits if you're willing to do some work to put it together.

I chose the SAR-8 over everything else. A used one may be had for approx. $800 but in my opinion it is well worth it.

http://www.vzavenue.net/~mrequivocal/sks/hk91.jpg

There is my two cents.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:14:58 PM EDT
Spend the money and buy the real deal. You won't regret it. If you are an idiot and it turns out you *do* regret it, you will always get your money back or close to it. Anything else is just a second-rate clone.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:21:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Chairborne_Ranger:
Spend the money and buy the real deal. You won't regret it. If you are an idiot and it turns out you *do* regret it, you will always get your money back or close to it. Anything else is just a second-rate clone.

I second that opinion. The price on the real thing has been dropping, and I've seen several in the $1700 range. They may not be perfect, but they'll still shoot!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:40:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2002 7:45:42 PM EDT by ian187]

Originally Posted By SKSGuy:
Anything with a Hesse receiver blows, anything made or distributed by FAC, blows. Interordnance is good for G3A3 kits if you're willing to do some work to put it together.

I chose the SAR-8 over everything else. A used one may be had for approx. $800 but in my opinion it is well worth it.

http://www.vzavenue.net/~mrequivocal/sks/hk91.jpg

There is my two cents.

i have seen a pile of new SAR8's for less than $600, are these the same as what you have? or are they less in grade? the adds all say they are HK components on SA lowers, is this accurate? and will the HK parts and accesories fit?

ian
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:02:03 PM EDT
Ian,
I have not found an HK part or accessory that didn't work with this rifle. If you found new ones that are going for $600 or less, I would buy one or three. So long as they were new. If they are used, I'd check into them a little closer to verify everything is working properly. Mine was built on an aluminum receiver by SA. I am told, but I think it's a load, that steel ones made by SA are far better (they go for approx. $1200) You'll know the difference immediately by the price tag. I can't say too much about the lowers on an SAR-8, maybe someone else can fill in the blank. I believe they are built on them though, yes. When I purchased my rifle it came with two thermold 20rnd magazines. There is a little wear on the receiver from shell ejection (look carefully to the left of the port), other than that, the rifle is in like-new condition.

Hope this helped.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:49:25 PM EDT
ian187, If your looking for a G-3 clone. Then you want to buy this rifle.

http://hk-54.com/forums/showthread.php?s=7ec1600c66b164e0377e5c5de5fd0fb5&threadid=731

The rifle is a FMP receiver that was built by Protech. If Protech wasn't building my rifle as we speak, I would have bought the rifle in a heart beat.
Top Top