Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/25/2002 3:07:51 PM EDT
I have a new in the box Polytech AK47 side folder with all acc. mags,flashhider,bayonet,etc. I bought it new,and have owned it for about ten years. I can't bring myself to shoot it,so I am thinking of selling it. I want something I will shoot. Can you guys give me some feedback on the value?

Thanks Greg
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 3:44:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:16:07 PM EDT
Would you be interested in trading something for it? I live in Elkins, maybe we could get together and work out a trade. jeffm@iolinc.net
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:59:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GreginWV:
I have a new in the box Polytech AK47 side folder with all acc. mags,flashhider,bayonet,etc. I bought it new,and have owned it for about ten years. I can't bring myself to shoot it,so I am thinking of selling it. I want something I will shoot. Can you guys give me some feedback on the value?

Thanks Greg

You do NOT have a NIB AK-47. What you DO have is an ANIB (as new in box). Only a FFL dealer can have a NIB firearm.
Guns are like cars: as soon as it leaves the dealer, it becomes used.
Shooting yours would in no way, IMO, alter the value of the gun. It's a used gun & will continue to be one after its shot. As long as it doesn't have anything other than "normal" wear, it'll still be 98-99%.
Personally, I wouldn't sell it as the "cool" factor is worth way more than the pure gun value. >gg<

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:59:44 PM EDT
Saw one a show on Saturday. The guy (who is mostly reasonable) was asking 1200 for it. It was in excellent shape and in the box but not unfired.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 5:52:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2002 5:55:07 PM EDT by GreginWV]

Originally Posted By BobCole:
Personally, I wouldn't sell it as the "cool" factor is worth way more than the pure gun value. >gg<

My .o2

That's the only reason I have kept the AK so long is the cool factor. I have two other cool factor guns,that I have had for awhile and thinking of getting rid of also.

New SPAS-12 folding stock & bull hook. I think the cool factor is higher on this one.

New GB Mini-14 stainless factory folder,flashhider,bayonet lug. I put this one last on the cool factor. Out of the three.

I think I might be losing the cool factor.

Bob you almost,have me wanting to keep them now.

JeffM if I decide something I will let you know.

Thanks Greg
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 1:14:18 PM EDT
Greg: What part of WV do you live in?
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 2:15:15 PM EDT
Jeff, I live in Point Pleasant.

If you seen the Mothman movie that came out about a month ago, that's it.

Greg

Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:47:40 PM EDT
It's worth about $60,000 to me, but you gotta ship it to PRK
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 1:11:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GreginWV:
Jeff, I live in Point Pleasant.

If you seen the Mothman movie that came out about a month ago, that's it.

Greg

Is Point Pleasant close to Friendly? There are awsome IDPA matches in Friendly. I might be willing trade an AR-15, or an all milled Mac 90 as partical trade on a good folder, I've also got a Para P-14 limited that I might let go of?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:01:28 PM EDT
I might be willing trade an AR-15, or an all milled Mac 90 as partical trade on a good folder, I've also got a Para P-14 limited that I might let go of?

Jeff "IF" I decide to let the AK go,I was looking more for a cash sale. For me to do some trading it would really have to be a sweet deal.

Pt.Pleasant is 40 miles up the Ohio River from Huntington,where the Kanawha River meets the Ohio.

Greg
Top Top