Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2002 3:07:51 PM EDT
I have a new in the box Polytech AK47 side folder with all acc. mags,flashhider,bayonet,etc. I bought it new,and have owned it for about ten years. I can't bring myself to shoot it,so I am thinking of selling it. I want something I will shoot. Can you guys give me some feedback on the value?

Thanks Greg
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Would you be interested in trading something for it? I live in Elkins, maybe we could get together and work out a trade. [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a new in the box Polytech AK47 side folder with all acc. mags,flashhider,bayonet,etc. I bought it new,and have owned it for about ten years. I can't bring myself to shoot it,so I am thinking of selling it. I want something I will shoot. Can you guys give me some feedback on the value?

Thanks Greg

You do NOT have a NIB AK-47. What you DO have is an ANIB (as new in box). Only a FFL dealer can have a NIB firearm.
Guns are like cars: as soon as it leaves the dealer, it becomes used.
Shooting yours would in no way, IMO, alter the value of the gun. It's a used gun & will continue to be one after its shot. As long as it doesn't have anything other than "normal" wear, it'll still be 98-99%.
Personally, I wouldn't sell it as the "cool" factor is worth way more than the pure gun value.  >gg<

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw one a show on Saturday.  The guy (who is mostly reasonable) was asking 1200 for it.  It was in excellent shape and in the box but not unfired.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Personally, I wouldn't sell it as the "cool" factor is worth way more than the pure gun value.  >gg<

My .o2

That's the only reason I have kept the AK so long is the cool factor. I have two other cool factor guns,that I have had for awhile and thinking of getting rid of also.

New SPAS-12 folding stock & bull hook. I think the cool factor is higher on this one.

New GB Mini-14 stainless factory folder,flashhider,bayonet lug. I put this one last on the cool factor. Out of the three.

I think I might be losing the cool factor.

Bob you almost,have me wanting to keep them now.

JeffM if I decide something I will let you know.

Thanks    Greg
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Greg: What part of WV do you live in?
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Jeff, I live in Point Pleasant.

If you seen the Mothman movie that came out about a month ago, that's it.

Greg

Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#8]
It's worth about $60,000 to me, but you gotta ship it to PRK
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Jeff, I live in Point Pleasant.

If you seen the Mothman movie that came out about a month ago, that's it.

Greg

Is Point Pleasant close to Friendly? There are awsome IDPA matches in Friendly. I might be willing trade an AR-15, or an all milled Mac 90 as partical trade on a good folder, I've also got a Para P-14 limited that I might let go of?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I might be willing trade an AR-15, or an all milled Mac 90 as partical trade on a good folder, I've also got a Para P-14 limited that I might let go of?

Jeff   "IF" I decide to let the AK go,I was looking more for a cash sale. For me to do some trading it would really have to be a sweet deal.

Pt.Pleasant is 40 miles up the Ohio River from Huntington,where the Kanawha River meets the Ohio.

Greg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top