Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2002 8:06:08 PM EDT
It seems to be light striking the primers...BUT when i dissamble it the hammer has plenty of energy, I tested this by holding the hammer down and releasing it with my thumb against the corner of my bench. The firing pin isnt being bound against anything and is clean and lubed. Ammunition is also ruled out as i have tried several types and none show much of a strike.... When the gun is assymbled and i dry fire it on a snap cap it sounds weak. Could something be binding it up? Also i have already had this into a gunsmith and he was stumped. Next thing im going to do is replace all the springs as the Gunsmith that had it did a "trigger job" on it and lightened up the springs....

Ty For the help guys.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Next thing im going to do is replace all the springs as the Gunsmith that had it did a "trigger job" on it and lightened up the springs....

You should take it back to that peckerhead and have him do the work correctly.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto, some one did a bad trigger job.

The only spring that need to lightened was the trigger sear spring.  Then the hammer and disconector can be set and polished.
Someone tried to short cut by cutting the hammer spring. I have mine set @ 3lbs, and did so without touching the hammer spring.     Remember, it is a shotgun, you don't need to go lighter that 3lbs.  You pull the trigger when your on target,just short of a jerk.  There's no slow squeeze in shotgunning.  The ideal trigger will break at 3lbs with no creep.

Also, pull the firing pin and check the pin and spring.  You will need to punch the retaining pin and the spring,firing pin and plastic bumper will come out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top