Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2002 6:42:40 PM EDT
Don't get mad at me. My friend wants to know. His name is Mike. He wondering about 11mm pistols. Would 11mm be a foreign pistol? Do them exist now, or have them ever existed?

Don't get uber mad and start flaming me, my friend just wanted to know.

Thanks,
OffRoad
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
.45 ACP is/was known as "11.45MM" in europe...

Meplat-
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, anything else?
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Some European revolver cartridges from the blackpowder cartridge era were 11mm. Or at least close enough to be often referred to as 11mm. The German Reichsrevolver comes to mind, I think there were models of 1879 and 1883.

Also there were 11mm rifles from the same period. The German M71 and M71/84 Mausers, and  Spain and Egypt and other countries had rounds of about the same size too. 11mm rounds are often referred to as .43 caliber.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Barnes’ “Cartridges of the World” lists over 20 different rounds that are either 11MM or 11. something MM.  Most, if not all, are blackpowder rounds for either rifles or handguns.

Maybe your friend is thinking of 10MM?  It’s available in handguns and both FA and SA versions of the MP5.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top