Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2002 1:49:48 PM EDT
Found a Dan Wesson 1911 for $450.... is this a good price and what do y'all think of this .45?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a Classic about 4 years ago, so can not give you any info on the price now. But new in 98 that seems about the price I paid.

IMHO this a  very good weapon. I'd buy another.

I had Nelson Ford work on the trigger and polish the feed ramp. It worked great before, even better now.

Suggestion    Go for it......
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#2]
M-M....one of our members has a pair of pointman autos.....can`t remember who right now.....what I can tell you is...any of the d/w revolvers I`ve seen...( I have 1)...are well built...heavy..reliable etc...can`t imagine they`re autos to be any different.....for that price...I would`nt hesitate....personally....(a little haggle woud`nt hurt)......try the handgun forum also.....good luck......K.K.
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Miss Magnum,
Both Waverunner and Counterstrike have them and speak very highly of them. The price seems reasonable. But do a search, Dan Wesson has a web site that might give you some more info. HTH.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#4]
My guess is that for $450 you have found a Dan Wesson Pointman Minor.  The minor is designed to be an affordable entry level 1911 that still offers some custom features.  I think that price is about right, check www.Gunbroker.com.  There is usually one on there and will give you an idea of the going price.  

Most importantly, if you have any questions call them up directly cause they are always happy to talk to people.  The reason Waverunner and I keep bringing these guys up so much is because of the friendly and personal customer  service, DW actually takes the time to talk directly to its customers.  

Dan Wesson Firearms: 607-336-1174
www.danwessonfirearms.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top