Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/21/2002 7:11:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2002 8:05:25 PM EDT by BrodowskiTJ]
I was wondering if anyone has used this rifle. I was thinking of purchasing it as a cheaper alternative to an anshutz rifle. Please leave some feedback on this firearm
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 9:24:06 PM EDT
I have never shot one, but I did check one out at a local gun store. They seem to be well built, and people who own them seem to be happy with the accuracy. My only problem with the Marlin is that the rear peep is pretty basic and did not have positive feeling in the "clicks". Depending on your use, it might not matter. I like the Anschutz sights much better, but then again, you pay for it. Big time! I myself am looking for a decent match rifle without the Anschutz price tag. I posted the other night about info on this rifle:

Russian made. I found a dealer who could get me one for $500. Can't seem to find much info about them yet. I think the Russian need better marketing skills!

Anyway, try here for more info on the Marlin:

www.shooters.com
or
www.thefiringline.com
Good luck...
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 9:31:37 PM EDT
I've had one for about six years. It was my first and only bolt action 22 so I don't have much to compare it to. It has a two stage trigger that breaks at about 3.5 lbs IIRC, has a peep type rear sight and globe front with ten inserts, and is accurate (.5" - .75" @ 50 yards) enough for me with a variety of ammo - PMC, Wolf, RWS, Fiocchi, Green Tag, Federal Target, etc. I also purchased the biathlon kit that includes a new rail and converts it from a single shot to a five shot. It also has an adjustable butt plate that I can remove so that my six year old daughter can shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 5:16:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BrodowskiTJ:
I was wondering if anyone has used this rifle. I was thinking of purchasing it as a cheaper alternative to an anshutz rifle. Please leave some feedback on this firearm

I own one & also have switched over to the five rd mag. It shoots like a dream & I have won one club match with it. I own three Marlin 22s & will never part with any of them.
IMO, it's as good as a $700-800 rifle at half the cost.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 9:59:42 PM EDT
I bought one for my son but dumped for a used Anschutz. The trigger was horrible, the stock adjustment were sticking, the receiver just felt cheap. Save your money and buy a used rifle in your price range, competion shooters are always outgrowing or outshooting equipment. As a new alternative to the Marlin, European American Armoury is selling one in the same price range. I can't remember if it's made by Weirauch or Feinwerkbau. Navy Arms has used BSA Martinis real cheap as well. These have great triggers and you can get accesories for them easily.
Top Top