Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/16/2002 8:20:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2002 8:22:15 PM EDT by AFARR]
I posted a WTS on the EE for my Armalite M-15A2 (Hbar, fixed carry handle 20" with muzzlebrake).

I actually wanted to get a 16" post ban WITHOUT a muzzlebrake and also a 24" Varmint type gun.

I notice Armalite carries the 24" upper that would work, but not a 16" upper without a muzzlebrake.

My question to the crew here is:

Since I know what I want, is it better to just sell off the upper from my Armalite and buy the one I want, or try to sell/trade the whole rifle?

If the answer is to sell the upper, what should I ask for a pristine upper (looks almost new) with B/C/CH?

Thanks,

AFARR!!

I did post a WTT ad earlier for the upper only, but got only one response for an upper of a different brand. Normally not a problem, but I'm trying to keep it "Factory"--i.e. all Armalite if possible.

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:27:02 PM EDT
Is there some financial reason to sell the upper? I would just buy the other upper and then you have even more flexability.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 9:57:04 PM EDT
Not so much a financial reason (although I would probably use the cash to stock up on mags and ammo right now) as wanting to "clean up" my collection--

I plan on having:

20" Pre-ban (got it)
Dissipator Pre-ban with collapsable stock
16" Carbine Pre-ban (either M-4 or lightweight)

24" Post Ban target type
16" Post ban no muzzle brake "blaster" gun.

I'm not real wild on the Armalite brakes--I have shot next to them, and they are uncomfortable to the people shooting on either side of you. It's bad enough with my .50's, but there is no getting around that--I wanted to be a little more considerate on the range.

AFARR
Top Top