Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2002 9:41:38 PM EDT
1) What do you guys think about chrome lined and none chromed lined barrels.  I think I remember reading somewhere that chrome lined barrels were more accurate and lasted longer…  Is it worth passing up a rifle that dose not have a chromed lined barrel, or spending more for one that dose? What do you think?

2) The .223 cartage is a small caliber.  Do you think it is better as a carbine caliber or a mid sized rifle caliber?  Keeping in mind it’s keep and the barrel length needed for expanding the gasses.  I remember seeing something that a 16” .223 rifle worked out well.  What about a 14.5” barrel + compensator to make 16”<although I would probably take a 16” barrel and put a compensator on it>?  
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Chrome lined last's longer but is not more accurate.  The plane steel barrel is more accurate because of the inconsistancies of the chrome lining.  Most people care more about barrel life than accuracy.  I know that I would never be able to tell the difference because I cant shoot better than my AR
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 6:49:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top