Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/13/2002 8:38:14 PM EDT
I need some help deciding who to vote for in the PRK Republican primary. I am voting for Bill Jones for Governor but have no idea who is/is not pro gun in the Lt. Gov., Sec. of State ect races.

I have checked the CalNRA and some other PRK pro gun groups web pages but have not found this info. If anyone has this info. post it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 10:06:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 11:00:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DVDTracker:
Why not Nick Jesson for govenor? Looking at Bill Jones' web site, his issues page is quite lacking.

Unfortunately, since Jesson isn't getting any media coverage, it's highly unlikely that he'll win.

www.nickjesson.org/issues.htm

I agree. I wouldn't vote for Riorden, Jones or Simon, three liberals in conservative's clothing, and I SURE as hell wouldn't vote for Greyout Davis. Jesson will get my vote. No longer will I vote "The lesser of two evils" If a scumbag like Davis gets in that just brings us that much closer to voting from the rooftops.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:40:50 AM EDT
The NRA recommends Jones.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:43:16 PM EDT
jesson sounds good but doesnt have a chance in hell, hes totally unknown. dont waste your vote

Jones was Endorsed by the NRA
Simon was given an A rating by the NRA

gun owners in this state need to pick one and EVERYONE must support him, DO NOT SPLIT THE REPUBLICAN/CONSERVATIVE VOTE or riordan will win it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:50:25 PM EDT
The NRA also endorses "compromise laws." Jones is simply the lesser of two evils. I won't "waste" my vote. The sooner people show some balls an stand up for what is right, the sooner we won't have to put up with the Riordens, Simons, and Jonses of the world. I see no read difference between the above named three and Davis.
Maybe someone can explain why the other four candidates running on the Republican ticket were excluded fron the debates? At the California Republican Convention, the only one with more votes than Jesson was Riorden. Jesson received twice the votes accorded to Jones. And Simon was even further down the list.
The reason the Ca Rep Conv did not allow Jesson or the other three candidates to debate with Riorden et al was because they want the Governorship at any cost. And if that means seating a closet lib like Jones, Simon, Riorden then they will do it.
So, the way I see it, my vote is NOT wasted.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:55:59 PM EDT
Beating Davis isn't such a big deal. With the way he's blundered, a sock puppet could beat him. Beating Riordan is the issue, and both Jones and Simon have the stance to do it. I say go Simon, he was only rated an A rather than an A+ because he doesn't have a voting record. He has the financial and political resources to do it, IMO. I don't see why Jesson would be any better.
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 9:35:32 PM EDT
Can someone answer my question without going strait into the Governor race?
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 11:21:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2002 11:23:08 PM EDT by Phoenix5]

Originally Posted By Luckystiff:
Can someone answer my question without going strait into the Governor race?

I guess not.
Seriously though, I don't have an answer for ya.
The problem is, most candidates don't have the balls to be truthfull and upfront about what they stand for. I guess that's so the can change their agenda depending on what polls say.
Do a search on each candidate and e-mail them with a specific question on the issues that concern you and see if you get a response.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 1:38:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 1:47:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:16:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:04:28 PM EDT
I am thinking Simon is the way to go. He is ahead of Jones, and not a gun grabber.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:36:28 PM EDT
does it help anyone to know that SIMON gets an A rating from the NRA and is ENDORSED BY GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA (GOA) ???

i would rather vote for jones over simon, and jesson over jones -- but jones and jesson do NOT have the money that davis does, and yes i beleive that beating davis will be more difficult than it appears.

voting for the lessor of 2 evils is better than voting for the one you want but has no chance in hell of winning, which then puts the Biggest of 2 evils in power.
the chances are that conservative vote splitting between jones, simon, jesson and others will put riordan in for republican nominee, this fact makes me SICK.
Top Top