Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/13/2002 4:06:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2002 4:09:00 PM EDT by markm]
without destroying it. is there a technique or a tool?

the baseplate has those little notches in it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:23:33 PM EDT
I just push in the part that sticks through the hole in the base plate and then SLOWLY pry the base plate forward. if it still gets stuck on the notches, carefully pry out on the sides of the base plate while pushing it forward until it clears the notch and then it should come off. The first time you do it it may take some loosening up around the edges. Don't be afraid to bend the base plate around a little bit - the material is really resillient and goes back to its original shape. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:31:41 PM EDT
I will try to explain, if you have strong fingers you can sqeeze the sides of mag body, and slide floor plate off. The best method that works for me is to, use a vise and spacer on each side of the bottom mag body , and gently tighten until you can slide floor plate off. Dont crush it, work with it !!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:37:48 PM EDT
Ok, one more thought, when you squeeze the mag body it disingages the little notches in the floor plate, so you slide it off.

practice this on a 10 rounder, befor you mess with a preban $Mag.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:43:01 PM EDT
Suggest you search http://glocktalk.com for tips on this specific issue. Lots of great guys over there, and some have pictures and step by step instructions for such maintenance.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:45:20 PM EDT
thanks, Gents. i'll give it a shot.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:49:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By firefight:
I just push in the part that sticks through the hole in the base plate and then SLOWLY pry the base plate forward. if it still gets stuck on the notches, carefully pry out on the sides of the base plate while pushing it forward until it clears the notch and then it should come off. The first time you do it it may take some loosening up around the edges. Don't be afraid to bend the base plate around a little bit - the material is really resillient and goes back to its original shape. Hope this helps.

Ok, firefight is right to, you have to push in the pin in base plate (forgot that Thanks) to slide it off, but some light pressure on side of mag body helps.

I do not mean to confuse, just tring to help, fellow shooters.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:59:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2002 6:07:09 PM EDT by cmymud]
Here is a link that will help you.
www.glockmeister.com/magdis.html

Head on over to the handguns forms lots of info on lots of hanguns handguns.ar15.com
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:07:07 PM EDT
Got it! found it on Glocktalk.

just stab the insert with a punch and pull the floor plate forward (with the inserted punch). its much easier than i thought.

thanks all.
Top Top