Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2002 12:03:51 PM EDT
Anyone have one?

What is your impression of it now that you have actually had some "hands-on" time with it?

Where did you get it?

TIA
JDP
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, got one and love it. Thinking of buying another!

The Cannon's door alone will shame the competition. Even the smallish Model 15 has 1/4" thick door skin. Buy a larger size and the door thickness jumps to a full 1" (the smaller safes can't get away with this because they would tip over on you with the door swung fully open). Try to see the various brands in person to fully appreciate how solid it is - hard to tell from the on-line pics.

Can't comment much more than that.

I wasn't impressed with the Winchester, Liberty, Remington, National Security, or other gun store specials out there which seem to be just re-labled units built at the same factory.

Bought mine from a local guy who delivered it for free. I just hope the neighbors thought he was delivering a refrigerator!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and I like it a lot.  It was the best price by far for a bigger safe.  It is a little rough in the construction area, I was picking up little metal spurs from the interior, and the interior carpet and shelves are not the nicest in the world but the price was right.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 4:59:05 AM EDT
[#3]
i have a Fort Knox, wyth an electronic lock, the biggest one they sell..,  & the dang thyng is still too small.....!!!

what do you keep in your safe besides your guns ?

i keep my valuable cameras, & other family valuable items in it, my other safe, an older Diebold 40x20x20, hold most of my handguns, coin collection & important documents.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:35:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an American Eagle safe by Cannon.  I love it, except for the fact I have to unlock and open it every time I want to fondle one of my Snoocky Dookums, thus depriving me of valueable time that could have been spent with my guns.  Speaking of which.....

~Thunk~ ~Bink~ ~Spinspinspin~ DANG BLASTED SAFE! ~Boink~ ~Spinspinspin~ SON OF A *******, Mother******! ~Spinspinspin~ ~THUNK!~

Ahhhhhh..... *Kisses guns*
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 7:39:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one of the small (I think 15 gun) safes by Cannon. I bought it at Academy Sports for $450 as a floor model since they didn't have one in the box.

I removed the divider shelves and replaced it with one long shelf that has 21 holes drilled in it.(I made myself) I also added carpet to the interrior walls and to my new shelf.

After doing this, I can now cram over 35 guns in this 15 gun safe.

I am very happy, especially after watching my buddy cuss his Liberty every time he tries to open it and it takes several tries.

Only complaint, should have bought a bigger safe!!!!!

Note: Cannon comes with a warrenty and they will open it for you if it is damaged in an attempted theft. the dial will lock up if it is hit real hard (like someone trying to pry it open)
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I own TWO!

One I and my dad co-own and it is an AE-10. The relocking system doesn't automatically relock anymore, but otherwise it is ok.
I just got a cannon T-12 and I love it!, little small though but I had a small place to put it.
The Champion safes are better priced and better constructed but the interior is not as good. And you have to pay extra$$$ for a digital lock! Which to me is a must if you need to get into the safe several times or if you need to get into it quickly in a defense situation!
I work for Ga Range and Guns and Safe warehouse.
area code 404 366 7861! Call me and I will sewnd you some brochures/pricing. we don't do out of state deliveries b/c of the law. BUt you could do some price comparisons. Call on a tues or thurs around 5:00pm eastern We ain't busy then and I am there.
-CHuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top