Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2002 3:10:31 PM EDT
I have been reading about AR’s through you guys for some time now.  Before my purchase I was clueless.  I went from Pre-ban to Post-ban to custom jobs (i.e.Les Baer).  But I have some sweet Kleingunther’s and needed more of a useful ranch gun.  Well here it is.  Thanks for the help.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Chance/AR-15.jpg
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Great lookin' AR!!  Is that a stainless M4 barrel?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it is a 1/9 SS 16" barrel.  It was the staw that broke the camel's back (or my back).
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, just when I get that feelin' of satisfaction from my last purchase...along comes something new I gotta have! A SS M4 Barrel!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that an ASA scope mount?  How do you like it?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Walt it is an ASA mount.  Truth be known I bought it Feb. 3 and went up to Hunt, TX to a friends ranch and shot about 200 rnds with just the flattop.  This weekend I went down to our place in South TX and chewed out another 500 rnds over the weekend.  Over X-mas I was given 100 gift cert. to Academy (a sports store) I bought (and don't flame me) a BSA red dot and 3-9 ill. ret. scope just to play with.

(Both for about 90 bucks and I will use them on my 10/22 when I am done)

I at the current time had no other "spare" scopes lying around and I needed more time to make a good decision on what to buy. As function goes the mount is fine just need more time to put on a decent scope.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Chance, does is sit the scope up too high?  I know that 0.900" from base to ring bottom puts the retical a the level of the A2 aperature.  I think the ASA is 1.18". Big deal or not?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Walt the truth is I couldn't see front site in the scope.  When I put on a scope bigger than 3x9x(40) maybe I will. But I will let you know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top