Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2002 6:02:32 PM EDT
I have the oportunity to buy the stock that was on the Gemtec 700 PSS at the SHOT Show. Has anyone ever used this stock? What do they go for? Do I need to have it bedded or can I just drop it in? Pros Cons any info is appriciated. Thanx
http://www.shotshowreports.com/images/Gemtech.JPG
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Judging on the pics and info from Georiga Precession's website. The stock appears to be easily drop in. However, the machinced rail may be required to be brazed onto receiver.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The AICS for the M700 is a true drop-in. It has a full-length aluminum chassis that acts as the bedding block. The AICS also converts the rifle to magazine use, and they work well, in my experience.

No alteration is required... If you have a GG&G rail on your PSS now, you will have a GG&G rail on it after installation. If you have a Badger rail... Etc.

Hope this helps,
havoc
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmm very tempting. And the stock looks damn cool. Now all i need is to get a sign off so i can pick up the .30 can.
~Bill
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#4]
A quick trip to their website would give you the pricing for both the original model shown there and the newer version with the folding stock.

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#5]
It can be done in 10 minutes.  Unscrew the two action screws on the original rifle, screw the action/barrel on the aluminum bedding, put some locktite on the screws, put the two halves together, you're done!  I love mine, would never go back to the original stock.
Gripes:
1.  Came with a 5 round mag, had to spring the extra frogs for a 10 round mag.  More useful, sure as hell looks nicer.
2.  Cheek weld, namely it's hard for me to get a proper one.  An adjustable cheek piece will help, which brings us to the 3rd gripe:
3.  Price.  Extra spacer for the stock costs around $50, the cheek piece,$100 plus.
4.  The soft rubber butt pad is very effective, it's however contoured, due to its shape and material it tends to stick and hang on clothing.
5.  The four point sling loop attachment (two on each side) are like an after thought.  They're noisy, you'd be hard pressed to find an off the shelf sling that works well with it, our you can buy AI's sling ($50)

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:21:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:22:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 2:10:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Defitely Hi Quality
But will your firearm SHOOT any better with it???
NOPE!!
The aluminum HS stocks and $4 worth of JB Weld have never been defeated anywhere or anytime.
cpermd
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:20:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I am trying to get a sign off in King County, more specifically Bellevue. But I don't think that I will be able to get one so I thikn I am going to go the Inc. route.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top