Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Century Arms L1A1 - kicked like a mule, lousy trigger, paint peeled off parts, so-so accuracy, uncomfortable thumbhole stock.  Sold it to a marine out in CA.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
First Run Para Ord. P-10. Damn thing wouldn't feed even after two trips to the factory. You'd think that a pistol designed as a carry gun would have a little more thought put into it.

You know, I felt this way when I first got my P10 also.  Being the stubborn sort, and not wanting to feel like I got slammed on it, I decided to shoot it until it broke in.  Lo and behold after about 300 rounds or so, its now 100% reliable.  Reliable to the point that I carry it with confidence whenever I am off duty.

later,
AJ
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#3]
i must just be lucky. i see llama mentioned here a lot, but my minimax subcompact works like a charm every time, eats everything, no trouble at all.

my worst is the armisport 1859 infantry model sharps. i should have spent the extra $100 for the pedersoli.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Kel-Tec P-11

POS!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#5]
i dont concider it a POS because i knew what i was getting into a friend had one hell i still have one its on loan to my father-in-law I spent $59.99 on it a jennings .22lr that when i first got it it would go auto every other mag pretty fun to play with.... i have since fixed the problem with a peice of a coke can cut with tin snips...hehe I can hit targets at 10meters or so with it but thats max 12inch groups.....
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Boomholzer wrote:

Savage .45-70 lever action

What's wrong with the Savage lever action?  I really want something that will shoot 45-70, so I was just wondering.  I've seen a couple Savage lever actions for sale, and they were even more expensive than the equivalent Marlin.

I think the Savage is better than the Marlin 1895-SS he also owns in 45-70.  The bluing fell off that gun and the barrel pitted in under a year.  On the grand scale of POS, either one is better than a Rossi, NEA, or simular. I would own one however, I wouldn't be prone to braggin it up.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, I've had a 6 Moa Mini-14 and a Jennings 22 that keyholed bullets, but at least they fired when you pulled the trigger.  My worst two POS were both AMT 380 Backups.  The first one jammed like crazy.  I dumped it.  A year later a local dealer was telling me how the local police chief loved his.  I agreed to buy it if he would let me return it if I had problems.  He was over confidant.  It wouldn't work at all.  He got it back.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Charter Arms AR-7 survival rifle.  Jammed repeatedly and you couldn't hit anthing with it. If you're in a survival situation, you're better off just throwing rocks at your prey.

I had the pistol version of that same gun.  It dissasembled itself as well.  The sights fell off, the ltttle handle to pull the bolt back, etc.  I sent it back to the factory, and when it returned I consigned it with a friend that did the gun shows.

I broke even, he made a couple bucks, Charter Arms went out of business.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Glock 27
Bushmaster Dissipator
Mossberg 500
 Oh wait a minute, those are the ones I love.  Seriously, the biggest POS I ever owned was a FIE .25 cal- I recently sold it- went bang every time, but just not enough gun, and cheaply made.  Nickel finish like a hotwheels toy. Sucked ass.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
we've all had one.  what's the biggest firearm mistake you ever made?

Mosin nagant!!! Its better off being a collector's item (I have no interest in wasting money on collecting guns) than a shooter. for me it was inaccurate as hell, I didnt really like the sight very much, but then again I put it a ATI gunstock which has too small of barrel channel... lack of aftermarket parts, products, and services. Its now being listed on gunbroker.com and I already paid for the rem 700 rifle. The good thing is that the nagant didnt need paperwork since the receiver's made before 1899 but I bought the rem 700 from another guy in my state so either ways no paperwork. Oh and did I mention that the damm nagants wont feed? The round keeps getting caught by the rim desipte my best efforts to keep the rims ahead of the one below it, its better off being a single shot!

Gee, mine shoots about 3" at 100 yards with the only ammo I can find locally. Been looking at trying some of the softpoint Privi Partisan next year for deer season. Feeds like a champ.

Of course, I paid $125 for mine and it is all matching numbered, from the buttplate to the magazine bottom. You know how it is with the expensive COLLECTOR guns.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, to start with, I have a Llama Max45 that eats all ammo, and you do not want me shooting at you out to 20 yds. I also have a Ruger M77R in .270 that I bought in 1977 that is STILL a tack driver. Different strokes for different folks, yes, everybody makes lemons. Memorable pieces of shit? I had a Savage PUMP ACTION 30-30 that broke the first night I had it, and I didn't even shoot the F**ker. Had it worked on two times before I even used it to hunt with. Sold it to a pilgrim right after it's first and only deer season with me, bought the .270. Never regretted it. Other POS is a Marlin .22 auto I currently have. Damn thing jams constantly. Called Marlin, asked what lubricant they recommend. A bored sounding CS rep said "None." Ok, I cleaned the damn thing with white gas, got all the crud and dirt out of it, and now it only jams HALF AS MUCH. Need 2 things: A Winchester or Ruger .22 auto and another pilgrim.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Bersa Thunder .380, not mine. my dads. neighter of us could hit a 1.5foot round target at abour 25 feet.. it was so damn funny! he later sold it to a friend who didnt have this acuraccy problem. now we both own Kahrs (mines a M9 and his a MK9) have no problem hitting targets at 50ft now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top