Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2002 2:38:45 PM EDT
I just got a new Auto-Ordnance 1911A1 WWII Parkerized pistol and it is 100% reliable so far with 230 gr FMJ.  I got it for $349 with NO sales tax from my local dealer who told me it was used and he said it looked to him like it had been around awhile.  Anyway, when I got it home, it looked brand new and had a factory signed envelope with a shell casing in it dated 12-20-01!  Ha, ha I screwed that dealer!  The problem I am having is that when I was unscrewing the grip screws, the screw bushing came up with one of the screws.  I was wondering if anyone knows how I can seperate the screw from the screw bushing.  By the way, does anyone know the dealer price on this pistol if new?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
In all the years of 1911 gunsmithing, I have never successfully separated a bushing from the stock & screw without damaging the bushing. So, you have 2 choices:

1) Reinstall the grip as is with blue Locktite on the bushing thread. If you do not want to change grips, this works just fine. Chances are good that the screw will come out and leave the bushing behind after the Locktite cures.

2) Grab the bushing with pliers & remove it (you'll chew up the threads). Replace the bushing with a new one (they are very cheap. Use blue Locktite instead of trying to stake the new one on.

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I got a good deal on it.  Does anyone know the FFL price of the WWII Parkerized model?
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:20:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Just got rid of mine.  Would shoot hardball well but nothing else.  Fussy about magazines.  Stock GI mags worked, factory Colt worked, nothing else (including WIlsons) worked.

$350 is a decent price but not that special.  At least in these parts

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top