Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/11/2002 7:54:38 AM EDT
I need some advice please. I am heading down to Cabela's after work tonight, and am thinking of picking one of these up. I wonder if any one has some experience with these. How is the quality, finish, accuracy, reliablility, etc. I am planning on trading my current Henry Lever Action 22 towards the Golden Boy. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,

Brad
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:16:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:10:42 PM EDT
I have one, and I love it. The wood is excellent. The action is the smoothest lever action I've ever felt. I can freestand and rapid-fire hit 6" gongs from 35 yards effortlessly, and I'm not that great with iron sights.

I've only ever had one failure to extract, and that was after a couple of long shooting sessions with dirty buckets-o-bullets and no cleaning. It's one of my favorite guns, and definately my favorite .22. Also more comfortable than the Marlin 39.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:14:21 AM EDT
Well, my planned trip to Cabela's did not happen last night, but perhaps this weekend or next week I will get down there and do some trading. Thanks for the input.

Brad
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:21:30 AM EDT
What do these run?
Can you thread the barrel for a suppressor?

Thanks-
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:36:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thee12nv:
What do these run?

LOL...sounds like the Mall Ninja! Nothing like that 'ole threaded/suppressed octagonal barrel lever-action!
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:52:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thee12nv:
What do these run?

Thanks-

just WITF would you want to do that for? and oh, they're about $379.00 + tax.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:38:57 PM EDT
I have a .22lr suppressor on the way.

If you have ever shot a suppressed rifle you would know that a semi-auto is louder than a bolt action. I figure maybe a lever action would be a better alternative to a bolt action while accomplishing the same quiet.

Damn.. so quick to be negative.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:41:51 PM EDT
I'll second the comment above about it being the smoothest action imaginable. Shot one someone had at a range and have never experienced such a smooth action! Heard they are making them now in 22 magnum...
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:52:44 PM EDT
Does anyone have a picture? I think I saw one at the local shop and while back but new it was $249.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:34:01 AM EDT

Pic from Henry's website. www.henryrepeating.com

I bought mine about a year ago for $320.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 4:12:49 AM EDT
Interesting-- I just saw one of those at BiMart. Anyone know if they are planning to do a Bren config? ;)

Seriously though, a beautiful rifle even though lever actions aren't my thing.
Top Top