Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2002 3:09:51 PM EDT
Has anyone ever had this process done?      www.bearcoat.com/prodserv.htm

Any feedback, pros and cons would be appreciated.

Here another link of a gun that has the finish:
gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=3033285

Thanks

Link Posted: 2/10/2002 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The descripiton of Bearcoat sounds a lot like GunKote, but I can't be sure.  They all use the most technical terms possible to make you go "ooooh".  I used Mack's Gunkote and it looks similar (www.shootiniron.com).
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 12:55:15 AM EDT
[#2]
They are NOT the same.  To try the different finishes out, I sent a 30 round mag to bearcoat & one to Mack's also.  The bearcoated one is a much smoother, uniform finish, while Mack's Gunkote is a bit rough (had to sand a little to keep it from being so tight in the magwell.)  All in all I like the bearcoat finish better, but they lost my mag for about a month.  I'd like to think they have better luck keeping track of entire weapons...
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Is teflon worth the price?
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#4]
That would depend on your personal value of whatever you're considering having refinished.
I'm considering sending them my blued 590.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I understand that the Birdsong Black-T finish is better, but I've never tried it. I've heard raves about its quality.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#6]
BEAR COAT is real Industrial Teflon-S.
Les Baer uses them as does Weatherby and Cabela's.....probably the best in the industry.
The service and quality is #1..as is their lifetime warranty.   I usually get my guns back in about 2 weeks....birdsong takes months and flakes right off when you run the slide back and forth across the frame..yuck !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top