Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/10/2002 3:09:51 PM EDT
Has anyone ever had this process done? www.bearcoat.com/prodserv.htm

Any feedback, pros and cons would be appreciated.

Here another link of a gun that has the finish:
gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=3033285

Thanks

Link Posted: 2/10/2002 3:18:45 PM EDT
The descripiton of Bearcoat sounds a lot like GunKote, but I can't be sure. They all use the most technical terms possible to make you go "ooooh". I used Mack's Gunkote and it looks similar (www.shootiniron.com).
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 12:55:15 AM EDT
They are NOT the same. To try the different finishes out, I sent a 30 round mag to bearcoat & one to Mack's also. The bearcoated one is a much smoother, uniform finish, while Mack's Gunkote is a bit rough (had to sand a little to keep it from being so tight in the magwell.) All in all I like the bearcoat finish better, but they lost my mag for about a month. I'd like to think they have better luck keeping track of entire weapons...
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:36:23 AM EDT
Is teflon worth the price?
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 10:08:08 PM EDT
That would depend on your personal value of whatever you're considering having refinished.
I'm considering sending them my blued 590.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 10:43:09 PM EDT
I understand that the Birdsong Black-T finish is better, but I've never tried it. I've heard raves about its quality.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:24:30 PM EDT
BEAR COAT is real Industrial Teflon-S.
Les Baer uses them as does Weatherby and Cabela's.....probably the best in the industry.
The service and quality is #1..as is their lifetime warranty. I usually get my guns back in about 2 weeks....birdsong takes months and flakes right off when you run the slide back and forth across the frame..yuck !
Top Top